Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-28-2015, 10:58 AM   #31
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Re: Will their be anymore MP Starscreams, made available?

Now that they have a "collectors' corner" in the electronics/video games department TRU should treat MP figures like they do with games and consoles by allowing in-store preorders. How hard could it be?

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #32
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Now that they have a "collectors' corner" in the electronics/video games department TRU should treat MP figures like they do with games and consoles by allowing in-store preorders. How hard could it be?
That is an excellent idea I'd totally put a deposit down like they do for the games as well.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:36 PM   #33
ChaosTheory
Generation 2

I've mentioned before in another thread, but I've recently had issues with TRU's online ordering system..

While it was partially my fault (I had two diff CC's linked to my PP, one was a 'dummy'), TRU dropped the ball with my order..

I placed an order for two MP-07s, I used a GC for the majority of the purchase ($160 or so), the rest was to be billed through PP. Because I forgot to select the correct CC, TRU could not process my order (was middle of night), but I got an automatic generated email saying my order was on hold for me and I needed to contact my CC company and/or TRU as soon as possible (within 48 or 72 hours, don't recall exactly), to rectify my order.

I immediately tried to place another order in fear I was going to miss out, but found my GC had a $0 balance, so I thought all must be good, they must have my order, I'll call in am.

I called TRU customer service first thing in am and they then informed my my order was cancelled and there was no way they could fulfill my order. On top of that, my GC was wiped clean and it took two days for the funds to be put back on. And to top it all off, it's been over two weeks - maybe three? and TRU still has a 'pending' transaction on my PayPal for the order they never fulfilled, which is preventing me from deleting the dummy CC from my PP account so I don't make the same error, yet they claim they can't do anything about it, and same with PP?

what a headache!!

Fortunately we have some great board members and someone came through for me and I was able to acquire at least one SS. 1st world problems.
ChaosTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:08 PM   #34
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dawg View Post
I believe the term neck-beard comes to mind when I hear shit like this.
I don't get it. And I'm not trying to be a smart ass but I've never heard the term and no one at work has either. What is the reference?
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:51 PM   #35
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
I don't get it. And I'm not trying to be a smart ass but I've never heard the term and no one at work has either. What is the reference?
I just looked up the term. Seems their is a meme and this page explains it.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/neckbeard

Seems to suggest an obnoxious sort of undesirable internet user, so I suppose its use is apt.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:19 PM   #36
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

^^ Interesting, there is my one new "learned" thing for today. Thanks although I probably could have gone without the pic lol
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:53 PM   #37
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

My toy buying habits today were forged through countless trials and errors and regrets. If I could get in my DeLorean and punch it down Lagimodiere at 88 mph and appear in front of my younger self in a blast of blazing rubber, I'd tell myself this:

"1) Yes, I'm you from the future. Yes, you did lose all that hair.

2) Get your preorder game on point. Toys R Us has that service for a reason. They fuck it up now and then, but on the whole you're going to come out ahead. You're way better off to monitor the website and get your preorder in early, if possible, than engage in fruitless hunting later -- especially if the figure is going to be in high demand, and double-especially because you live in Winnipeg, where they don't get reliable distribution of product.

3) Screw your indecision, kid. You know how you take stuff off the rack, look at it, put it back, then maybe come back for it later? Knock it off. If you stumble upon something on a shelf that you want, fucking BUY IT. Buy it when it's in your hands because that might be the last time you ever see one at retail.

...What? Nah, you'll get over it. You can't hide under a baseball cap forever. Trust me, everybody already knows you're going bald. You just gotta own it. Anyway...

4) Your family's cheap and you grew up to be cheap too. I know 'cuz I'm you from the future and your cheap ass deprived me of a lot of awesome things. Travel opportunities, electronics, nice furniture. And TOYS. You think that deluxe/voyager/leader/MP class figure is expensive now? Just you wait until future you -- aka me -- has to shell out even more for it at a comic-con, at the collectibles shop, off the Internet, etc. Yeah, you were hoping for a sale, but in the meantime, the store is all sold out. Some asshole bought them all and is scalping them now or something. What I'm getting at is, go back to point 3) and read it again. BUY IT. Even at full price today you'll probably do better than if future you -- that's me, dumbass -- has to resort to the secondary market. Plus you can always price adjust when the next sale hits, which is practically all the time.

5) Look into Japanese imports. Srsly bro. Especially those preorders like I talked about. Get on this train early because it's only going to ramp up.

...No, forget the hair formula. Doesn't work. Plus it's wasted money you could be spending on toys.

6) If you want to build a collection, figure out what your focus is and--

...YES, everybody knows. You're only fooling yourself. Sigh. I can't. Just try and remember what I said, okay?"

And then I'd screech off, back to the future, and into some insane alternate timeline where Donald Trump is running for President of the United States.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:15 PM   #38
Matrix1981
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Bluestreak is collecting dust everywhere. Go figure.
Streak priced the same as the seekers is causing all that dust to settle. $89.99! for a carbot! no thanks. Clearance that thing and get more Starscream in stock please!
Matrix1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:43 PM   #39
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix1981 View Post
Streak priced the same as the seekers is causing all that dust to settle. $89.99! for a carbot! no thanks. Clearance that thing and get more Starscream in stock please!
Yeah and plus many already ordered the Takara version which was around $60-$70 Canadian shipped.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:52 PM   #40
CanBot
Cybertron

I think I'm going to boycott the term "first world problems" Seriously, it's just getting overplayed IMO. I'm sure folks mean to say, "they're just toys, dudes, chill" but often times it's almost like it means, "this isn't really a problem, you entitled brat" Anyways, it's getting a bit old...I have no problem complaining about TRU's shitty system for getting enough MPs to make everybody happy.

FTR, I think we'll see one more run of SS at TRU...but trickles, the returns, that kinda thing. If you still need one, get it then. I can only compare to MP Soundwave a couple years ago, and he had two runs that were relatively months apart. I was sitting on the fence for weeks, because I knew if I got SW that would open the floodgates. It did, of course, but not until he sold out they day I decided to buy! And I waited a week...another...and the ad disappeared and that was the end of it. Thanks to a member here, I got a sealed one and life carried on.

I can't see why any Canadian would have had a tough time getting a SS online from TRU, considering anybody here on the site had ample time to prepare...we also knew that it would be a hot item. I still think TRU didn't order enough, but those who are hesitant to order should know that there is literally nothing to fear: you're covered by both TRU and your credit card; it's not like you're going to be out money. Sure, QC could net you a lemon but that's a chance, and still, you just return it for a refund (they even pay shipping within the first week or two, I believe).

I hope that nobody misses out on a TRU MP again after this.

If you can score SS off ebay for reasonably close to retail, I'd do it. I almost guarantee that the price will go up to well over $100 by Christmas shopping season, and probably closer to $150.