Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 03-05-2015, 01:08 AM   #21
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: TRU - Mar 6-8 Transformers deluxe 1/2 off

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
In the end, I don't believe that buying something and returning it is technically fraud, though UltraPrimal's argument has convinced me that it would be in the 'dick move' department.
I'm glad you've decided against it. But to clarify, buying something and returning isn't fraud. Buying something with the sole intention of returning it later on in order gain something of greater value is fraud. And I think by buying Silverbolt to use as some sort of raincheck for a Motormaster later, I think it does fall under fraud. Though, like you said, it is more frivolous, 'dick move' fraud than actual, illegal, prosecutable fraud. It's not like you're going to get arrested for being a dick(most of the time), but you're still being a dick. Just get an actual raincheck, if you can. That's 100% cool, and not fraud.

Quote:
Would people still feel the same way if an item was bought and exchanged at the same price point? Let's say you bought a figure but weren't sure you wanted to keep it (something that has happened to me) and then another came out and you swapped it for the same price. Fraud?
Assuming you're using the receipt for the original figure to exchange the original figure for the new figure and NOT buying the new figure and using the new receipt to return the old figure, I'd say that's OK. I'd say that comes under 'Customer Satisfaction'. You're not sure if you wanted it, but bought it anyways, and then decided you weren't happy with it. Everyone's done that. As long as you're not being deceitful about it.

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 03-05-2015 at 01:11 AM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:53 AM   #22
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Here's where I'm at: if during purchase you asked if you could exchange the item later, within the window, what would they say? 100% yes. They would point out their policy. It's why they offer rainchecks. So, if they say yes and the receipt tells you that you can do it then I don't see how it is sketchy, much less fraud.
I don't think it's fraud at all. Are you taking advantage of the system? Yes. But IMHO it's not a dick move.

Everyone probably has their own definition, but I think it's OK if it's figures from the same line and relative release period. Do the retailers end up loosing out in the end? Probably. But in my eyes it's no different than exchanging a figure you got as a present and don't want for one you do want.

I personally don't do it, but I know many-many people here do do it. And in such a way that seems really unfair. They'll buy a stash of old discount figures and exchange them at a way later date without the receipt for new stock, because technically they're still at the same price point, and the system sees them as the exact same thing.

But as mentioned, if everyone games the system like this, this photo and thread is what the end result will be.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=39115

Old 03-05-2015, 02:21 AM   #23
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Here's what will be on sale:

TF4 generations deluxes, currently clogging the aisles, and the obscenely random Mini-Con team or Scoop, at $16.99.

Here's what will not be on sale: $17.99 Combiner Wars limbs.

It's worth noting that CW doesn't carry the "Generations" tag on the receipt (product description), or on the box. It's the carry-on of the same idea but semantically it's not Generations.

So, sadly, I can't price adjust my limbs. ^^

Also chiming in: it's not fraud. It could be considered ye olde "dick move." I don't really care too much. I can't say I haven't done similar in the past, nor do I feel bad about it. I don't really have the energy or patience to pick up a Prime or Silverbolt right now just to get Motormaster cheaper, though. ^^

Besides, according to TRU on the phone AND in store, the Low Price Guarantee for items purchased AT TRU is valid for 45 days - not the 14 days listed on receipt. That's TRU policy. You have a good, good chance of being able to bring your receipt back and have that price adjusted. I bought my CW team on February 10th, and I went in a couple days ago to get the voyagers adjusted.

I'm hoping to still get the CW deluxes adjusted. Of course the most recent flyer was kind of a weird one --- the new RID deluxes are $19.99, thus, are 25% off, but the CW deluxes aren't. Buuuut... twenty bucks for a deluxe is fucking robbery. =D

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:29 AM   #24
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Well that sucks. But it does say pretty clearly "Generations" on all CW boxes and cards.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:22 AM   #25
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower

I still didn't find a Silverbolt or Optimus at my TRU.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:17 PM   #26
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

You are correct. I misremembered completely. :P

The receipt reads TF-GENERATIONS COM for deluxes and TF-GENERATIONS VOY for... You know.

Given the price difference I'm sure we won't be able to get a deal on the limbs, but I will check into it at least.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:42 PM   #27
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Thanx for posting .... I might just check out my local TRU to see what they have on Saturday.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:42 AM   #28
laffy
Crossover

Well we know now what is and isnt on sale. Like all posted above all 16.99 gereation delexe figures are 1/2 off. And show on trus site. As the cw figures are 17.99 they are not on sale and there full price on the site so clover of trus to list more as to clear out the old but not lose money on the new. I'm sure a sale will becoming soon for these guys just have to wait a tad longer I guess.

Last edited by laffy; 03-06-2015 at 08:45 AM.
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:21 AM   #29
Obliterator999
Generation 2
Obliterator999's Ebay Auctions
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Class 50% Off @ Toys"R"us

Grrrrr, I was all excited about getting the CW limbs half priced but noooooo, no such luck....
Obliterator999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:46 AM   #30
Zakna
Beasty
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Class 50% Off @ Toys"R"us

gota check my reciept to see if i can get money back
Zakna is offline   Reply With Quote