Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-13-2021, 10:06 PM   #91
VicRav
Machine War
Re: I just transformed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

Sunstreaker's transformation is neat in the same way that ER Wheeljack's is. The only bits I don't like are that the windshield/roof doesn't seem to line up perfectly with the rest of the surrounding parts in car mode and the side hinge/swingarm things that compact his lower legs onto his thighs are kind of stiff to disengage and transform, making me wary of breaking them.
The windshield alignment issues is the main reason I skipped Cordon and Spinout. It is a big flaw IMO. I am also a fan my transformers spending some time in alt mode, if it is a good alt mode. I tend not to pickup mold mates when there are problems with the mold (if they bother me enough).
VicRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 01:36 AM   #92
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagephil View Post
Just transformed all of these gems
I don't believe you transformed them all otherwise there would be pics.
Lol
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:49 PM   #93
Marcotron
Robot Master

CW Ultra Magnus, because my 3 year old asked to play with a toy he doesn't normally get to play with. I regularly let him play with Titan's Return Powermaster Optimus, so it's the same basic idea. But Ultra Magnus is still the best, what Ultra Magnus should be, and how he should transform. The Siege/Kingdom figure isn't even close.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:28 PM   #94
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
CW Ultra Magnus is still the best, what Ultra Magnus should be, and how he should transform. The Siege/Kingdom figure isn't even close.
I got the Takara LG Magnus and I absolutely agree, he's a beaut

Siege for fiddling, but CW/LG is the "good copy" for your display
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:18 PM   #95
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I got the Takara LG Magnus and I absolutely agree, he's a beaut

Siege for fiddling, but CW/LG is the "good copy" for your display
CW Magnus next to POTP Rodimus is a great duo.
I highly doubt Commander class Rodimus, minus the trailer will have the same height or presence that POTP Rodimus has.

POTP Rodimus is another one I recently transformed with my kid to show him the little hot rod bot and the space winibago at its finest.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:46 PM   #96
The Nemesis
Alternator

I just bought a CW Bombshell from some China ebay seller and it arrived today. So that's what was latest for me.

Seems to not be a knockoff. the finish is a little rough so maybe it's a factory second or something? even though it's in a proper north american distribution packaging.

Anyway as for the figure, I like the transformation. Very much like classic G1 Bombshell (another figure from my youth that I'm happy to have gotten an updated version of)

Aside from fussing and fidgeting to get his bot arms in place on the insect underbelly there wasn't anything terribly wrong or bad with the transformation. He does feel a bit stiffer and more fragile than TR Kickback or PotP Shrapnel though. Which is odd considering that he's the chunkiest bot of the trio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
CW Magnus next to POTP Rodimus is a great duo.
I highly doubt Commander class Rodimus, minus the trailer will have the same height or presence that POTP Rodimus has.

POTP Rodimus is another one I recently transformed with my kid to show him the little hot rod bot and the space winibago at its finest.

I liked PotP Rodimus when I got it, and eventually ended up backing off on my vow not to get Rodimus Unicronus (and ended up happy to be able to pair him with Nemesis Prime) but while I like the Hot Rod figure a fair bit, I just can't get around the awful setup of making Rodimus' arms out of Hot Rod's splayed legs. It gives him almost no useful arm articulation and forces him to have strange shoulders that hinge up from his neck, reminding me of the exoskeleton power loader thing from Alien.

Getting everything to line up for the Rodimus vehicle mode, with the car nestled under the trailer the right way and the panels tabbing into its sides was also a bit finicky.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:45 AM   #97
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Studio Series '86 Scourge

This is my favourite Scourge that I have in my collection. Obviously far more screen-accurate than the generations or Titans Return versions. Also transformable without the instructions (unlike the Generations version - what's up with those arms?)

Having said that, the transformation is somehow not as satisfying as some other recent figures. Maybe it's just me.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:30 AM   #98
Gunslinger
Machine War

Just transformed haslab unicron yesterday night. Only got injured once XD... The most challenging part is the weight of this thing.
Must say, this thing is quite a bit more imprint person
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:47 PM   #99
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
I don't believe you transformed them all otherwise there would be pics.
Lol
Actually I did I don’t have the display set up for them yet. So I have them in alt modes in storage bins since most alt modes are compressed. And with this pandemic and not being able to work, transforming transformers from alt to robot mode snap a few pics, helps the stress levels go down
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:57 AM   #100
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Transformed the Botropolis deluxes again this weekend, love those decos

"Astrowave"s head split in two while rotating (!!!), but just pegs back together easy and appears to stay put - might need to glue it

"Astroworks" got a slight paint QA on his mouthplate, where it maybe doesn't look like the whole surface of the mouthplate was painted - oh well, maybe have to touch it up myself if I really give a damn

These are handsome boys though
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote