Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-24-2024, 11:28 PM   #291
Skorpulator
Armada
Re: I just transformed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusb39 View Post
Moon studio raidon. Found for 500 even complete set..
Got one for $350 in back in January. Seller hated it.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 10:24 AM   #292
Marcotron
Robot Master

My 3 big combiners. Combiner Wars Devastator, Jinbao Predaking and my latest aquisition, Jinbao Bruticus.
It's hard to describe the difficulty transforming the big bots, but Bruticus is by far one of the coolest transformers in my collection. Every bot is different but similar, but nothing is too complicated, and it feels solid. The plastic is not the highest quality, but not cheap feeling.
Now, getting them to stand up and be balanced is another story entirely.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 10:17 AM   #293
Skorpulator
Armada

Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Sunstreaker: simple but fun and transformation.

Studio Series Gamer Edition Sideswipe: a bit tricky, car mode takes some massaging, but I like it better than say, Barricade.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 03:00 PM   #294
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

(attempted) to transform the five guys in the "Autobots Stand United" 5-pack

Selects Trailbreaker, went fine, no issues

Selects Jazz, went fine, no issues (god bless the no clear plastic *tears up*)

Selects Hound, I don't have Detritus (yet) so 1st crack at the "earthmode" version here, and it's less involved than the Siege (which was already pretty basic)
not to say i don't like it though, I think it's fine - have they actually made a filler kit to jam some actual jeep seats in the base of his spine, or what? Would put it over the top, for me

Selects Wheeljack, couldn't finish transformation due to hip joints fused together (gonna replace)

Selects Sunstreaker, couldn't finish transformation due to one hip joint being fused/adhesed to the pelvic piece, can't pivot (gonna replace)
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 09:23 AM   #295
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

United Cyberscream, what a cool bot! I am really digging the proportions of this guy in-hand, oozes personality - So far ERScream is my G1 representation, but I kinda wish he had a little bit of attitude? Like what Siege Tcracker had, except not carved on in two seconds with an unfolded paperclip - and this guy has it in spades, scratches the itch somewhat
Was able to no-instructions him eventually, just ref'ing the alt mode image on back of the box, not too crazy - toughest bit was probably detaching the torso front/back apart, was super stuck together - found if I half pivoted his head's panel with the back(cyberkey spot) down, was able to stick a finger in and push down on the connecting tab, I like to think it helped get it loose
I get that it's accurate to the original UT fig, his arm swords are cool, but I kind of wish they were little more "good for sword poses"? As it is, they can kind of really only just "point straight out", like null-rays off the shoulder - just a nitpick
All in all, the sheer size of this guy, coupled with the great poseability? A really good voyager mold, can't wait to get him in SG colours (passed on the recent SG subline Screamer, cause tetrajet)
Old 04-21-2024, 07:26 PM   #296
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Legacy Evolution Bombshell.

I think his head cover got some purple paint transfer from me trying to jam it into that slot in his collar. Otherwise, he works as I'd expected. I'm seeing that there are slight running changes to the reused hip parts from Shrapnel, so not sure if I want to be a pedant and swap parts since that'll ruin the legs tabbing for one of their bug modes if I do?
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM   #297
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon10K View Post
I'm seeing that there are slight running changes to the reused hip parts from Shrapnel, so not sure if I want to be a pedant and swap parts since that'll ruin the legs tabbing for one of their bug modes if I do?
Is this a thing? I bought an extra Shrapnel and swapped parts, but I haven't gone back to transform Bombshell since then
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM   #298
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Is this a thing? I bought an extra Shrapnel and swapped parts, but I haven't gone back to transform Bombshell since then
I've heard some humming and hawing at TFW2005 with people saying their swapped Bombshell couldn't properly tab his legs in for alt. mode. I don't have a spare Shrapnel to go for it, so it's more an idle musing for me I suppose.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote