Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-03-2021, 02:39 PM   #401
Fab
Generation 1
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Another development for my story.

Since I have been banned, I told him that I didn't want my personal data on his site/database anymore.

He replied that my account is blocked and therefore he doesn't need to do anything.

I told him that A) my account is still active on the old website, and B) that I asked to destroy/erase my data, not to block my account (2 completely different things).

As per the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) principle 5: "personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes should be destroyed, erased, or made anonymous"

The "identified purposes" for my consent to the handling of my personal data was to make orders on the store. Since I am banned (and I don't intend to ever buy from NMC ever), that purpose ceases to exists.

But he is so delusional that he thinks I want my data to be removed so I can bypass the ban!!!

I told him that I reached out to him as a courtesy and to follow the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada guidelines, before filing an official complaint.

His reply included "Your email has been blocked. I'm done with this shit from you. I will be reporting you to the authorities for harassment." ...except for him to send another message including:
"I'll be adding a stipulation to the privacy policy to cover lunatics like you that think they circumvent the ban by crying "privacy" concern.
If you wanted to shop here so badly you shouldn't have treated us like shit." (treating like shit => ask my CC company to do a chargeback)

At this point is not even funny, he really needs help...

Last edited by Fab; 05-03-2021 at 03:49 PM.
Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:11 PM   #402
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
If the credit card company charges $20 to him for losing a dispute, I suspect it violates the CC company's terms with him for attempting to charge it back... Just a guess, otherwise every retailer would try to do that.
I have serious doubts that any credit card company would be happy to learn he's trying to circumvent their customer protection policy. This clown just keep digging a deeper hole. I'd report this if he tried it with me
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:13 PM   #403
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pringj View Post
I did receive several choice emails from NMC.
Oh do share!
Old 05-03-2021, 03:14 PM   #404
predahank
Storing is hoarding

He must really think its a privilege to buy non-existent toys from his sleezebag operation, to think that people want find loopholes around his ban hammer
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:45 PM   #405
Lioconvoy81
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Oh do share!
Seriously. This thread is my daily guilty pleasure.

Dude seems to get worse all the time.
Lioconvoy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:48 PM   #406
cli1ck
Generation 2

If you look at NMCToys' google review page, all the 5 star reviews have maybe 2 or 3 "likes" (surely from the owner), but the 1 star reviews have around 20, 25, 30 likes each. It kind of sucks because it just shows that way more people have problems with NMC, but nobody wants to actually give a 1 star review so his rating stays at 4.5 stars
cli1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:08 PM   #407
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions

After emailing daily I got a refund today minus the 10%s

Last edited by style; 05-18-2021 at 02:42 AM.
style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:05 PM   #408
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by style View Post
After emailing daily I got a refund today for my last two invoices but he took 10% off my first two invoices that were actually settled via PayPal and that I was given 100% refund for. So in the end he got 10% back on all 4 invoices but took it from the last two invoices as the first two were settled via PayPal.
How did you pay for the last two invoices? If you haven't opened and closed a paypal dispute yet, it's not too late. I literally did that to him for $3 he tried to keep, just out of principle. He refunded via paypal minus his "restocking" fee after I told him I refused to pay it. So I opened the dispute and they gave me my $3. Was just a little "fuck you" to him to cap off our interaction. He never stops talking about how great his PayPal metrics are, so I'm sure it got under his skin
Old 05-03-2021, 06:06 PM   #409
Metrotitan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pringj View Post
Even if your preorder transactions to NMC are past the Paypal 180 day cutoff for disputing a charge, I would still highly recommend you call their customer service. I called this morning and explained the situation to them and they kindly gave me a promotional credit in the amount that I was still owed. It still galls me that this man child gets to keep my money but at least I was able to recoup some of my losses. I still have one charge within the 180 day limit that I'm waiting to be refunded but I don't think I'll be denied. I did receive several choice emails from NMC.

For anyone who reads these words please do not do business with this man. The website is slick and compelling but it is a complete scam. If you want a fantastic local alternative, try BigBComics. They are amazing. I wish everyone who is still trying to tie up loose ends with NMC the best of luck. His unprofessional manner and attitude only adds insult to injury during this tough time and I can only hope he gets what he deserves, which I pray is his business going bottom up.
Nice. I called them on SAT and they told me there was nothing they could do after 180 days and passed me off to my bank.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:15 PM   #410
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cli1ck View Post
but nobody wants to actually give a 1 star review so his rating stays at 4.5 stars
This is the worst part. The first thing I did after he treated me like shit was leave a 1 star review. I was fucking pissed. Mostly because I know he wouldn't have the balls to speak to me like that in person.
Not sure why more people don't leave bad reviews when it's obvious so many people have had bad experiences. You don't even have to leave a written response; you're allowed to just leave a star rating.
There are also a bunch of 5 star reviews where that's the only review the person has ever given, which I find extremely suspicious. Especially when you consider he's always banging on about "fake" accounts giving him bad reviews. Seems like a bit of projection