Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-07-2018, 01:20 PM   #61
Pascal
Banned
Re: Thoughts on Studio Series so far?

For $100+, maybe.

Last edited by Pascal; 05-09-2018 at 02:39 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:26 PM   #62
oroboru
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Fro $100+, maybe.
I’d be willing to bet money that even at that price point it still wouldn’t have any more paint than now.
oroboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:08 PM   #63
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aximili1 View Post
I'm quite happy. I was going to just pick up Grimlock as I'm a sucker for Dinobots. But I ended up buying Blackout, Starscream and Ratchet as well. I love them all! Spent last night learning the transformations and had a lot of fun. I also lucked out and found a TLK Voyager Megatron, which I missed last year. My 5 new movie toys are chilling on the shelf and they look great together.
Really glad you are liking your toys! Yeah they do all have very interesting transformations. For those qho never experienced the DOTM Ratchet,this is a fun mold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
passed on the grimlock although he did look good in hand. i only owned blackout and so far i'm loving him. i don't love the price tag on him though. 80$ for a leader is steep.
I dont know how comfortable you are with the effort this might take, but what I do is hold onto my walmart receipt. We have a generous 90 days to return an item. If it goes down in price within that time at Walmart, you can always get a price match (or just buy it for cheaper and return it with your old receipt). And if it ends up cheaper at Toysrus (or amazon.ca) within that 90 days, you can buy it there for cheaper and return it to Walmart with your initial receipt.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:54 PM   #64
Deception
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I dont know how comfortable you are with the effort this might take, but what I do is hold onto my walmart receipt. We have a generous 90 days to return an item. If it goes down in price within that time at Walmart, you can always get a price match (or just buy it for cheaper and return it with your old receipt). And if it ends up cheaper at Toysrus (or amazon.ca) within that 90 days, you can buy it there for cheaper and return it to Walmart with your initial receipt.
lol, too much effort for me. i tried price matching at walmart a few times. they give you so much hassle and something that should take 5minutes takes half an hour it's not worth the time spent. unless i'm saving like 50% i wouldn't even bother. time is money even if i'm not working. plus i like to fiddle with my toys first time i get them before they end up on the shelf forever to collect dust. that means if i return it i gotta take time and put it back in the box collecting toys is supposed to be a hobby that makes you happy. jumping through so much ropes to save a couple of dollars on things that aren't a necessity don't make me happy hahaha
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:42 PM   #65
Janitor
Classic

Anyone post this yet? SS added to TRU.ca

http://m.toysrus.ca/family/index.jsp...t=ProductAge-A
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #66
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
lol, too much effort for me. i tried price matching at walmart a few times. they give you so much hassle and something that should take 5minutes takes half an hour it's not worth the time spent. unless i'm saving like 50% i wouldn't even bother. time is money even if i'm not working. plus i like to fiddle with my toys first time i get them before they end up on the shelf forever to collect dust. that means if i return it i gotta take time and put it back in the box collecting toys is supposed to be a hobby that makes you happy. jumping through so much ropes to save a couple of dollars on things that aren't a necessity don't make me happy hahaha
QFT. And subtract the cost of gas for a second trip from your savings on the toy...

$80 is steep though. I wouldn't do either at that price. Even $70 hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
Anyone post this yet? SS added to TRU.ca

http://m.toysrus.ca/family/index.jsp...t=ProductAge-A
And of course, Ratchet and Starscream's images are swapped

Last edited by Nocturn; 05-07-2018 at 10:52 PM.
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:11 AM   #67
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise

Further update for me. I added Studio Series Thundercracker to my collection and I have to say that he looks great.

Joints are solid (Outside a slightly wobbly head due to the headmaster gimmick). He is a very nice dark blue and black for most of the figure with grey on the chest, face and engine parts. As well as yellow on the chest and some additional red intake detailing. All 8 of his eyes are a nice metallic red and the vehicle mode stripes on the wings are a clean silver and red. I honestly like him for the mold better then Nitro.

Last edited by Gaming Turtle; 05-09-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Gaming Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:48 PM   #68
pandaprime
aficionado!

anybody have a list of the batch numbers or whatever you call that number embossed on the back of the boxes? I'm trying to find the post for deluxe bumblebee's different numbers.

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote