Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-05-2013, 02:13 AM   #1
Undrave
Canadian Slag
I think I'm cursed.

I got my Generation Sandstorm today (got tired of waiting for an item to show up and got my pile of loot shipped from BBTS, been there for like three monthes ><) and I'm really pleased with it.

But then I noticed something was wrong with it

He has the same wing TWICE! Instead of having a left wing and a right wing, he has two right wings! The one on the left has the panels pointing in the wrong direction.

This is my THIRD Transformer in less than a year with that same problem! Last time was my Target Rippersnapper has two left arm (so one points down, the other point up!) and before that my Dark Energon Wheeljack from BBTS had twice the same hand!

What the frell?! Why do I get hit by the same problem all the time!!

I think I'm gonna go buy a Sandstorm in a store, then swap it for my misassembled one and get an exchange or something. The missassembled wing make it impossible to snap the wheel into place on that side!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #2
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: I think I'm cursed.

Frelling quality control is what it is. Sorry to hear that though. Yeah, just buy it in stores and swap it out, but tell the store that you have a defective one. Though likely they will just put it out for sale again. Just feels a little bit better to be semi-honest about it....then again, they may not care.

p.s. I am assuming your post is a nod to Farscape.

Last edited by joshimus; 11-05-2013 at 02:21 AM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:22 AM   #3
Undrave
Canadian Slag

BBTS sent me an entire arm to replace the one on Dark Energon Wheeljack. Changing the wing on Sandstorm might be more problematic so the swap thing might be simpler.

I don't think I'll bother with Rippersnapper though.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:17 AM   #4
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
BBTS sent me an entire arm to replace the one on Dark Energon Wheeljack. Changing the wing on Sandstorm might be more problematic so the swap thing might be simpler.

I don't think I'll bother with Rippersnapper though.
Unless you go to Target and do the same thing. Buy the set and replace and return. It sounds like a horrible thing to do but it's not your fault Hasbro is stupid.
I recently saw the megabloks Power Rangers set with the original 6, with green ranger, whom also had to left arms. Quality control these days are horrible.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #5
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Unless you go to Target and do the same thing. Buy the set and replace and return. It sounds like a horrible thing to do but it's not your fault Hasbro is stupid.
I recently saw the megabloks Power Rangers set with the original 6, with green ranger, whom also had to left arms. Quality control these days are horrible.
I think I'll wait until Rippersnapper comes out as a single. The arm isn't transluscent so technically should be the same color as the regular release. I might just keep an extra Rippersnapper with a mismatched arm, it's not a big deal on that little guy, especially since I prefer him as a foot or robot. I got Cindersaur to cover the beast mode representation.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
justprime
Animated

This problem has been happening since G1 days it shows that hasbro has not tightened up its q/c issues and for the most part never will.... mostly to the fact that the only time its caught and takled about in any detail is in the collectors community and we all know what the genral opinion is regarding our imput,.. on the other hand I have never ever had a takara piece that had miss matched or wrong parts... either I have been quite lucky or there q/c is a lot better I can name at least 2 dozen q/c issues of a nature such as this from G1 to present not withstanding other issues such as the ball joint and fractured plastic problems I wonder how hasbro feels now that they have moved production to veitnam it seems there are a lot more q/c problems and a greater number of Ko's being produced.. the current MP line for instance.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Frelling quality control is what it is. Sorry to hear that though. Yeah, just buy it in stores and swap it out, but tell the store that you have a defective one. Though likely they will just put it out for sale again. Just feels a little bit better to be semi-honest about it....then again, they may not care.

p.s. I am assuming your post is a nod to Farscape.
So he should buy a new one and return old one so someone can buy the bad one and feel the same way you do. wow love how some members only think of them self this thinking lately is really getting out of hand people complain why prices are too high and this is why they are
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #8
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

At least you got a wrong wing: my MP Buzzsaw has no head!

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
So he should buy a new one and return old one so someone can buy the bad one and feel the same way you do. wow love how some members only think of them self this thinking lately is really getting out of hand people complain why prices are too high and this is why they are
There's nothing wrong with returning a defective product as long you tell the store it's defective. If the store chooses to put that defective product back on the shelf, that's a store policy issue.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #10
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
There's nothing wrong with returning a defective product as long you tell the store it's defective. If the store chooses to put that defective product back on the shelf, that's a store policy issue.
Exactly. There is nothing dishonest about returning something defective and telling the store about it. What they do with it is not my problem. I made them aware it is defective, it's up to them to deal with it. I've seen stores put defective or missing parts toys back on display. It's not my fault if something is defective nor is it up to me to tell a store what to do.
Now, you can debate the whole bought online and buying in store to replace online defective toy but these box stores don't give a shit about people anyway, or their staff...so f*** 'em!