Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #21
funkmasterke
Custom User Title
Re: Beast Hunters: Worst Line Ever?

The predecons were the only decent thing about the line, all the other figures were ruined by the random beast aesthetics.

Apart from ultra magnus and shockwave, none of them were screen accurate at all.
funkmasterke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #22
joshimus
Metroplex

Beast Machines was mostly bad as well so...yeah. Though I kinda like the BH Dragons, they are super simplistic and hardly Transformers So, I dunno.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #23
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

i havent wanted any of them other then i kind of wanted the big predaking just because he was a big dragon.

other then him trash.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #24
Dvarik
Generation 1

Worst line ever? Probably not. But it has issues.

The choices Hasbro has made with decos are just... questionable. The colours chosen for the beasts are generally well thought out (though Laserback is borderline). But for the deluxe bots?

Bumblebee & Wheeljack: Nearly the same scheme as the non BH models, with spikes grafted on. Not exactly motivation for a purchase.

Bulkhead: The Roadbuster homage is a great idea, but the black swirls, different colored windows, different greens, different oranges... there's simply no consistency.

Dreadwing: Tiny, he has chicken feet, and swirls again.

Starscream: Little to no swirls in the plastic, but the colour combination is... questionable. Also, He Has A Wang (cockpit, teehee). That's just not right.

Arcee: Hit with the ugly stick. Had they ditched _or_ focused on the dark blue it may have been better. But as is? Yikes.

Knockout: Generally good, but I wish they had gone full out with the crocodile color instead of keeping him mostly red.

Ratchet: Generally successful in the Dinobot homage, though the inconsistent reds all over do bring it down a touch.

The voyagers in all cases fair much better: no swirls, fewer but better placed colours, etc. Even Sharkticon Megatron works in all his garish glory.

Takara fairs a bit better in their consistency of colour choices on characters. But the fact that many of them have the same deco as their non-BH counterparts means that there's little reason to pick them up unless you are _really_ into spikes.

I'm pretty easy to please as I've picked up all the beasts (Hasbro & Takara), Shockwave, and the Takara versions of Soundwave and Ratchet. But for anyone fussier? This line has disappointment written all over it.

At least we've got Generations and Third Party, right?
Dvarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #25
SolidusPrime
Generation 2

I only have the Voyager Shockwave and Magnus from BH. That's it. Prime on the other hand, I have all of them.

The BH line just doesn't do it for me.. at all. Beast Fire Predaking is the only one I have seen that I would consider buying, but that's about it.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #26
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I just like the dragons...

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #27
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
I just like the dragons...

Me too.

I've got Sky Stalker & Ripclaw, like them both. And I love the Shockwave as well.

That said I've never even looked at the Cartoon yet(which I understand most the characters are not in). So overall I passed on most of it but I do like what I did pick up.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #28
Undrave
Canadian Slag

It's a weird line bt I wouldn't say the worst line ever.

Murderbee suffers greatly because he has almost no paint apps, and Wheeljack really needed to have a winged car mode and some balljoints to keep the wings out of the way of the shoulders.

The dragons all have the same transformation which really sucks, but I still want to find a goshdarn Ripclaw (I think one of the TRU employee is taking them all, it's the only explanation at this point), and I did buy Vertebreak (that name! Those colors!). Skystalker is even worse than the other two so no chance I'm picking that lazy guy.

I think some of the remold of old characters are cool. I didn't have the RID Arcee but I like the batwing one, and Croc-out is just too insane to pass up (when I see one with better paint apps...). If I was good at painting I would SO turn Ratchet into Star Seeker Canonball. He already has an eyepatch.

Not touching that Soundwave though, and from the look of it, nobody else is. That guy is going to peg warm until next year.

And the voaygers aren't bad at all. Still nothing original from the Dragons but still.

The Cyberverse line is ACE though. I simpl ADORE every single one of the Terrorcons (Twinstrike is the weakest of the bunch though), and they all have different transformation it's so refreshing! That Hardshell is great, the Trailcutter mold doesn't look bad, even if I didn't get it, and that Airachnid was tons better than the stupid deluxe.

So all in all, not a bad line at all.
Undrave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #29
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

It's about tied with DOTM

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #30
Nullray
IGC

I just want them to make a BH reformatted Megatron aka Galvatron from the mini movie finale. Predacon Rising. I would take voyager but a full supreme size would be amazing.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote