Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #21
BoNKerS
Animated
Re: Ages 3 and up - Masterpiece Prowl

LoooL complainers?? My comments are based on simple business practice. Why, we are to give them a break because they sell toys??? This all our hard earned money.

If I am to purchase anything with my money I expect a certain level of customer service. Canadian business or not. Since we are on the Canadian tip, they should try even harder to keep our damn business. I am a customer and will provide loyalty to vendors who treat me right. With competition being what it is why would you not take COMMUNICATION seriously??

Last edited by BoNKerS; 09-29-2013 at 03:12 PM.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #22
SolidusPrime
Generation 2

It's not complaining. It's giving them honest feedback, which is something I think they appreciate. As I mentioned in my post, I really enjoy doing business with them, even with the communication issues I and others have experienced. Great selection, great price, great shipping practices, and they are Canadian.

If you think we should "lay off" and stop "complaining", then I would suggest you let your level of customer service and communication go to shit and see how your feedback here on the boards turns out the next time you try to sell or buy from a board member. Just saying.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #23
crimbot
Some Guy

I had a similar issue to Wheeljack, paid for an item, and it didn't ship for a period of time I felt was way longer than necessary for in stock items. I actually received a response from Boris, apologizing for the inconvenience and explaining what happened. I was even given a promotion code for 10% off my next purchase for the trouble, and I thought, now that's great customer service. Until I went to use the code. It did not work. When I emailed Boris about it, I didn't receive a response. Nothing. Since then I have preferred to use other online vendors. To be fair, that was the only bad issue I had with them.
Although it seems like a minor misunderstanding or miscommunication, I don't see any problem voicing issues with customer service. That's how businesses get better. Businesses grow by evolving, "transforming" if you will.

Last edited by crimbot; 09-29-2013 at 01:11 PM.
crimbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #24
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Spec View Post
I pre-order from A3U all the time and the process is always the same. Never had an issue. Whats the big rush?
Again, the issue isn't with "rushing".
It with poor communication and a timeline.
If it's coming in 2 months, fine.

It just that when I ask a store that is holding my money, I do appreciate answers to phone and email requests for a timeline in a timely fashion, say 1 -3 business days.

Please read original posts before replying to ensure you understand what you are replying to.

Last edited by Wheeljack Off; 09-29-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #25
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
Hey Guys, thanks for all the feedback. It is appreciated.

As stated, we always send out invoices prior to items arriving in stock. There are a few reasons for this but the best reason for the consumer is that if you get your invoice paid in the time frame requested then usually your order gets shipped out same day or next day of arrival. Meaning there is never a wait for items to be shipped while you try and get funds together for payment.

As for a response wheeljack off, I am unsure of what you are looking for. Obviously as stated here the item was just released. How can we know exact arrival dates when items have not even been shipped out yet? And as you state, it does generally take about three days from when items get shipped to when they arrive. Until Japan actually sends out our stuff, the only answer that can be given is soon. If you were to ask in the three days that items are shipping then you would get the answer, it should be here in a few days. I am also wondering why you would think that regular staff would have inside info into shipping dates and practices. This type of stuff would be handled by someone totally different from the guy at the end of the phone or even someone who addresses emails.

To address the customer service issue, Wheeljack off, I actually don't see any emails from you at all regarding this issue, either direct from your order or at the email address toys@agesthreeandup.com. Is there perhaps another address you are using that I am not seeing?

It is also correct that I don't work every day of the week. Generally Sunday and Monday do not get emails answered. Tuesday is catch up from Sunday and Monday and then things do normally get answered pretty quick from Wed to Saturday. We are working on a few internal changes to get this process a little quicker but right now we are going through a few little growth spurts and are trying to work out some of the bugs.

As for the store, the store will never have any info on your on line order. The store has nothing to do with on line. They are a retail store and that is it. They don't know when items arrive most of the time and know when the items actually show up in the store. Transformers is only a small part of what happens in the store and staff there are primarily more up to date with things like games, magic the gathering and Gundam. Very different product lines.

Hope that answers some of your questions. Please, if you have any more feel free to post them here or send an email to us at toys@agesthreeandup.com. All emails do get answered. I am unsure why anyone would state otherwise unless their email was sent to spam or to a different address than the toys@ one.

Thanks for your input.
Thank you very kindly for taking some time to address me.

I wouldn't have thought that out of email, this or phoning that this is where I would receive some feedback. This is very kind of you to go out of your way to post here.

But you're talking about a manufacturer or distributor that you get the items from.

Are you saying that you just put your order in and cross your fingers and never communicate with the party you're buying from until they contact you to let you know the product has been shipped?

What then prompts you to ask for payment on a preorder?

I am astounded to learn that you receive no pertinent timelines from the manufacturer or distributor.

I know I am able to communicate with the manufacturers and distributors my company buys from with ease and that monitoring freight/customs timelines is a extremely important part of our business as well as our customers.

Truthfully, a rough eta is always just a simple email away.

Some clarification on this would be very helpful.

Last edited by Wheeljack Off; 09-29-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #26
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack Off View Post
Again, the issue isn't with "rushing".
It with poor communication and a timeline.
If it's coming in 2 months, fine.

It just that when I ask a store that is holding my money, I do appreciate answers to phone and email requests for a timeline in a timely fashion, say 1 -3 business days.

Please read original posts before replying to ensure you understand what you are replying to.

Understood, like I said before their process is always the same when it comes to pre-orders and never had an issue

Is this your first time pre-ordering from A3U?

Last edited by Tech Spec; 09-29-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #27
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

we all like rant and grumble about TRU, Walmart and all others retailers big or small, when we don't get what we want. At least guys like Spencer (A3U) and Mario (Automation) care about you enough to get back to you given they are essentially one man business. TRU took a whole week to get back to my online inquiry about the 25% off coupon code and even then different people got different answer. Also given that Prowl was just released in Japan, of course Takara will have to fill all the orders and demands in Japan first before they will get to the oversea importers. Takara has their priority you know. If you can't wait, then order Japan toys from a Japanese retailer like I do.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #28
Johnstewling
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
LoooL complainers?? My comments are based on simple business practice. Why, we are to give them a break because they sell toys??? This all our hard earned money.

If I am to purchase anything with my money I expect a certain level of customer service. Canadian business or not. Since we are on the Canadian tip, they should try even harder to keep our damn business. I am a customer and will provide loyalty to vendors who treat me right. With competition being what it is why would you not take COMMUNICATION seriously??
Yup complaining, because that's exactly how I hear it.
Johnstewling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #29
BoNKerS
Animated

Yup, your response makes me laugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstewling View Post
Yup complaining, because that's exactly how I hear it.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote