Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
Toilettron
Generation 1
MP Optimus Prime Availability

I just saw Toysrus.com is supposedly back in stock for some reason, probably sold out by know, but does this mean it will make it's way back into store shelves again?
Toilettron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: MP Optimus Prime Availability

Just now I actually want to open a topic and discuss this. Since u already open one, then I will just post my thoughts here.
For people who didn't own MP10 yet, honestly I say don't rush, and no need to buy the pricy one from ebay as well. In my opinion there will be plenty of MP10 sooner or later.

The reason I said this is because I can read Chinese, and I visit quite a few Chinese transformers forums daily.
1 month ago I already saw discussion on Hong Kong toy stores has plenty of Hasbro MP10 for sale, pictures shows situation like Unicron/MP09 in ToyRus here 1 year ago. Which gave me faith.
At that time, mainland China, the Hasbro MP10 supplies is still limited, which push the Hasbro version to almost the same price as Takara MP10 version, around 1000 RMB something. (Usually the Hasbro North American version is always much cheaper than Takara Japanese version in mainland China.)

However these 2 days, the Hasbro MP10 supply become more and more in mainland China as well, and the lowest price is dropped to 880 RMB on Taobao (china version of ebay) now. And the price might keep going down.

Usually I use Asia/China supply as an forward indication of the north American supply, since almost all the transformers are manufactured there. That's why I say there will be plenty of MP10 sooner or later.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
Toilettron
Generation 1

Thank you. I'm hoping that they will show up sometime too.
Toilettron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
Shock
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Just now I actually want to open a topic and discuss this. Since u already open one, then I will just post my thoughts here.
For people who didn't own MP10 yet, honestly I say don't rush, and no need to buy the pricy one from ebay as well. In my opinion there will be plenty of MP10 sooner or later.

The reason I said this is because I can read Chinese, and I visit quite a few Chinese transformers forums daily.
1 month ago I already saw discussion on Hong Kong toy stores has plenty of Hasbro MP10 for sale, pictures shows situation like Unicron/MP09 in ToyRus here 1 year ago. Which gave me faith.
At that time, mainland China, the Hasbro MP10 supplies is still limited, which push the Hasbro version to almost the same price as Takara MP10 version, around 1000 RMB something. (Usually the Hasbro North American version is always much cheaper than Takara Japanese version in mainland China.)

However these 2 days, the Hasbro MP10 supply become more and more in mainland China as well, and the lowest price is dropped to 880 RMB on Taobao (china version of ebay) now. And the price might keep going down.

Usually I use Asia/China supply as an forward indication of the north American supply, since almost all the transformers are manufactured there. That's why I say there will be plenty of MP10 sooner or later.
Xie Xie!

That's funny, 880 RMB is like $140 Canadian? I always thought everything was cheaper in China!
Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
shabooya
Banned

I dont see people going as crazy for this figure now that the 30% off sale is over.
Scalpers and TRU employees are getting all the ones coming in now...

Whether this pays off for them in the long run is left to be seen.
Considering how much over retail even the QC plagued Rodimus is going for, I would bet it'll work out just fine.
shabooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #6
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabooya View Post
I dont see people going as crazy for this figure now that the 30% off sale is over.
Scalpers and TRU employees are getting all the ones coming in now...

Whether this pays off for them in the long run is left to be seen.
Considering how much over retail even the QC plagued Rodimus is going for, I would bet it'll work out just fine.
Not entirely true. If you get lucky when you call TRU, they might have one. Happened with me - called on a lark last week and got them to hold one for pickup.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #7
blueandwhite
Generation 1

I'm a bit conflicted on this one. I had no trouble finding The original MP Prime, MP Rodimus, Grimlock or even Thundercracker, but this MP Prime has been impossible to find. I'm not sure whether I want to pay scalper prices for a figure that I was really looking forward to simply because Toys R Us was ridiculously understocked. I don't expect that they will be getting anymore MP Primes though (at least in Canada), so right now the only option seems to be to suck it up and start shopping on Kijiji or Ebay.

If MP Soundwave makes his way to Canada I hope that finding him isn't as hopeless as hunting down Prime has become. You would hope the Toys R Us would realize that Prime; the quintessential TF might command a bit more attention from customers.
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

Unless Hasbro has a plan for their own version of MP Soundwave, you can forget finding him in a Toys R Us store (to my recollection, they haven't announced anything in regards this, have they?). You'll have to go to online retailers, and my guess is, if the pre-orders aren't full at this time, they aren't far from it.

After that you'd be left with dealing with scalpers for that figure once it comes out.
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
Batman
The Dark Knight

I speaking to a couple of the Managers at TRU in my area, they have both stated that Prime is designated with an "x" in their system which means they will not be getting anymore apparently.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #10
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock View Post
Xie Xie!

That's funny, 880 RMB is like $140 Canadian? I always thought everything was cheaper in China!

Actually not true for Transformers at least. Usually the price is much higher in China, but the bright side for Chinese transformer collector is that they do get things much faster, almost as soon as u see the news about new products, next week they have it for sale. And they have both Takara and Hasbro version to choose from.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote