Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 06-24-2014, 10:44 PM   #121
Rev
Addict
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock Released at Canadian Retail

I'm enjoying theHasbro Grimlock, but he's not nearly as good quality as Takara.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #122
Reflector
Banned

So am I correct that I'm the only person who hasn't received Grimlock after ordering on the first day?
Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:43 PM   #123
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

I got mine and ordered a week after.

It arrived early last week.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:38 PM   #124
Wheeltron
Maximal

Yeah, it would seem like you should have received it by now. The shipping was fast.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #125
laffy
Crossover

Rant time : New Mp03 Grimlock is sh@it compared to mp-08 first release it feels cheep legs are lose and head gimmick does not work good... man with all the complaint's scaria is getting he's a god compared to this crap Hasbro is releasing over all glad I paid what I did (40.00 ish after price matching my leaders and dinobots) mainly so I can collect the new Hasbro line of mp's. ME cheap a@@ Grimlock will stay in dino mode
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #126
steamwhistle
Crossover

Sorry to ask this, as I'm sure people have likely addressed this already, but what is the difference between this new MP-3 and the original TRU MP Grimlock release? I have the original TRU one -- not sure if it would be worth getting the new one. Thanks in advance for tolerating my redundancy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:20 PM   #127
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Sorry to ask this, as I'm sure people have likely addressed this already, but what is the difference between this new MP-3 and the original TRU MP Grimlock release? I have the original TRU one -- not sure if it would be worth getting the new one. Thanks in advance for tolerating my redundancy.
man let me tell you im in the same boat as you

mp-03 - has cheaper plastic, lighter gray, missing some paint apps, legs are loose , head shaking gimmick does not work as good as mp -08
over all He's showing that the grimlock mold has been used to much now
But now that Hasbro has re branded their mp line (numbers and cool boxes) if you get him at a cheap price, pick him up so you can collect the whole Hasbro mp line. theirs tones of him in retail and with all the mold issues Mp-8 will surely be worth much more down the road "DO NOT SELL HIM!!!" im sure a lot of people are kicking them selfs when they sold their mp-08 for the cheaper mp-03... lets face it I got him (mp-03) only to keep the set going (mp-01, mp-02, mp-03) and to display mp grimlock in both bot and dino mode
mind you I have to keep mp-08 in bot mode as he's nice and tight where mp-03 has to stay in dino mode as in bot mode he is so sloppy...
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #128
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
Rant time : New Mp03 Grimlock is sh@it compared to mp-08 first release it feels cheep legs are lose and head gimmick does not work good... man with all the complaint's scaria is getting he's a god compared to this crap Hasbro is releasing over all glad I paid what I did (40.00 ish after price matching my leaders and dinobots) mainly so I can collect the new Hasbro line of mp's. ME cheap a@@ Grimlock will stay in dino mode
I"m glad I keep my MP08 in MISB state while play with this new version.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #129
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
man let me tell you im in the same boat as you

mp-03 - has cheaper plastic, lighter gray, missing some paint apps, legs are loose , head shaking gimmick does not work as good as mp -08
over all He's showing that the grimlock mold has been used to much now
But now that Hasbro has re branded their mp line (numbers and cool boxes) if you get him at a cheap price, pick him up so you can collect the whole Hasbro mp line. theirs tones of him in retail and with all the mold issues Mp-8 will surely be worth much more down the road "DO NOT SELL HIM!!!" im sure a lot of people are kicking them selfs when they sold their mp-08 for the cheaper mp-03... lets face it I got him (mp-03) only to keep the set going (mp-01, mp-02, mp-03) and to display mp grimlock in both bot and dino mode
mind you I have to keep mp-08 in bot mode as he's nice and tight where mp-03 has to stay in dino mode as in bot mode he is so sloppy...
Just to add on the new Hasbro release the clear parts have a green hue to them as opposed to golden brown/copper.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:24 PM   #130
steamwhistle
Crossover

ok. thanks for the replies! so, the original TRU release of MP Grimlock is MP-08 (I wasn't sure if there was a difference with all the other MP-08s).

I'll likely see if I can budget for one while they are still available at my local TRU. It would be nice to have the full "new" MP line, as per laffy. They are all coming out so fast... with Wheeljack, Bumblebee, Ultra Magnus, and Sunstorm on the horizon, it's getting to be a pretty tough year... :S
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote