Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 10-03-2015, 01:07 PM   #11
CanBot
Cybertron
Re: Hasbro vs. Takara Masterpiece Starscream

I'm thinking that my MP11 resale might take a hit with this, lol...at least in North America (should I decide to sell the Tak version...what blasphemy, eh?).

I might just decide to use him as trade bait for a Tak Soundwave (for the red eyes) or a Soundblaster (for an official Ratbat). OR...just might keep him for alt mode.

Great review, just what I wanted to know.

I wonder how Hasbro could 'fix' the joints, yet the Tak reissue could not. We tend to attribute joint looseness to mold degradation in some cases, yet here this clearly isn't the case.

All it points towards is another reissue of MP11 from Takara that tightens those joints. THEN you've got a viable option.

I look forward to my Hasbro SS arriving, and with (hopefully) minimal QC issues.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #12
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuG View Post
Thanks for the great review!

I just took a look at my Takara one and the gun clip is black so that is another differance.

I'm glad they fixed the Hasbro one so that it is tighter and holds together better. Now that the mold is fixed bring on some more MP seekers!
Thanks, DuG. Updated first post.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:09 PM   #13
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Thanks for the review. I never picked up the MP-11 so it's nice to see the comparison. I'm hoping the Hasbro Version will be able to use the old Screamer coronation kit as I will probably sell my Takara MP-3 eventually
I have the mp 11s with the Coronation set and sadly it will not fit on the mp03 mold... I was first wanting to use the set like you but Noop sadly wont fit... as for selling your mp 03 .. I though of this but sadly the Hasbro mp07 in plane mode is not toon worthy "why Hasbro why make it toy accurate", anyway I'm going to have mp07 in bot mode and keep my mp03 in plane mode.. as the Hasbro mp03 looks so much better in plane mode
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:30 PM   #14
CanBot
Cybertron

I'm glad this comparison shows the blue plastic one-on-one. Previous photos made it kinda look like the Hasbro blue plastic was slightly different from hand to forearm. Here, I can see they're just fine. It really does look like Hasbro knocked it outta the park on this one. Still, there are some things I prefer on MP-11. I'd pose em' the same way, Multi. I just don't wanna cram all three seekers and the alt SS in one detolf shelf, lol...we'll see.

And the best part: they fixed that damn waist issue. The joints on my MP11 are actually fine; the waist is a real pain, though.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:36 PM   #15
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I barely notice any difference other than the nose-clone and the decepticon logo from your photos. Those difference don't bother me at all, and I am totally okay without the coronation set. I guess it isn't a bad thing I missed the Takara release when it just came out after all. Thanks for the review.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:10 PM   #16
MULTIPLEX

I still prefer Takara just because of the coronation kit. When MP Galvatron comes out, guess who I'm aiming him at

But value-wise, it's a no-brainer. Hasbro is just as good, and arguably better. If you pose in bot mode, the blue nose cone is irrelevant. I guess it's a matter of how important is that coronation kit to you. The flight stand is readily available separate on flee-Bay and other sites.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:19 PM   #17
Rev
Addict

Can't wait to get this!
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:37 PM   #18
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Got payment confirmation email from TRU. I could have gotten MP-11 but I passed so it's good I can get this one. Coronation kit is nice but it's like 5 second in the movie. I'd much rather have the pre-movie cast unless we get MP Galvatron coming.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:12 PM   #19
Kei78
Half man, Half amazing...

Transformed my mp07 today and the joints are really tight and the chest slides down and stays into place 10x better then my mp11 mold. This one does not separate when I hold him by his upper half.
Kei78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:49 AM   #20
MULTIPLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
I'm glad this comparison shows the blue plastic one-on-one. Previous photos made it kinda look like the Hasbro blue plastic was slightly different from hand to forearm.
They are. This picture shows the hands are a slightly lighter shade of blue. Hasbro on left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post

Hey can I ask you where did you get those LED light systems? Those are really sweet
Custom LED strip lights. Some details provided here and in my collection showcase thread.