Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-04-2016, 05:43 PM   #11
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece
Re: $1400 for Dinobots...

I'm going with Gigapower Dino's. At the pace they're releasing them I can afford to budget them in.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:13 PM   #12
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Considering that Stomp is just starting to come out and this Grinder will take about 6 months to be a finished product I would say that you have time to get them and you can get them for a good price although I have been seeing that scoria is getting more scarce. So if you want to get FT sooner is better then later
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:23 PM   #13
dajoeker
Generation 1

I think FanToys have the best Dinobot sets in he 3rd party market in my opinion. All FT products look really good, solid, well put, and most importantly well constructed.
dajoeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:39 PM   #14
maverickk
Generation 1

Get them if you know you want them and will eventually get them.
They were too rich for my blood, even back when the dollar was closer to .75 US so I settled for the cheaper alternative with FP Lost Exo Realm ones. They look good in their own ways but everytime I see the FT ones in store I just stop and drool, all that chrome... and now I'm three bots in and too $$$ to switch.

Spread out the purchase, jump on resells and/or ebay... stick with FT though, can't go wrong with them.
maverickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:42 PM   #15
bcon
Generation 1

Keep your eye on Kijiji. There was someone selling the first 3 for $200 each or $500 for all 3 a couple of weeks ago.
bcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:27 PM   #16
timcrook
Cybertron

Waiting for a sale is definitely a good idea. On boxing day, a3u had the Fanstoys dinobots on sale for 30% off for normal versions and 40% off on the x/g2/diaclone versions.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:18 PM   #17
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

I have the current FT offerings and am very satisfied with them..I bought them as they were released and the cost was spread out over time. Didn't hurt as much that way. lol
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:42 PM   #18
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise

Scoria was the first 3rd party figure I got and I haven't stopped since

Seriously though, in my opinion these are the best G1 Dinobots out there and I have never been let down by a FT figure. I have all of them except Quakewave and might get him if Takara's Shockwave doesn't do it for me. The other thing you might want to consider is that your money is not wasted on a figure that won't have the full set out. I think it was Bullsfire that released their version of Swoop and I've never seen another since, not sure if they will get made. Gigapower is the same, one release and haven't heard of anything since. Hopefully they'll get the others out, but I'm not holding my breath. With FT you have 3 out already, 1 on the way very soon, and the final one on pre-order as we speak.

I also think $1400 is a little high, keep an eye out for some deals, but it's going to get more expensive the longer you wait in my opinion unless the $CAN makes a big rebound.
innermanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:26 PM   #19
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
Waiting for a sale is definitely a good idea. On boxing day, a3u had the Fanstoys dinobots on sale for 30% off for normal versions and 40% off on the x/g2/diaclone versions.
That sale was on the FansProject dinobots, not FansToys.

But yeah, the team at FT really know how to handle the MP aesthetic very well. $1400 is slightly high but not by too much. I've been buying each dinobot release either by pre-order or right on release. Looking through my past invoices, each of the first 3 of Scoria, Soar, and Sever worked to about $200 each (shipping included). Right now, you could still find them at various e-tailers and still only pay about $35 more for each under the current shitty conversion ratio..... so let's say $700 to $750 for the first 3 including shipping at today's rates, plus another $260/270 for Stomp and Grinder each. That just works out to be around $1300 for the set, so the OP's guess isn't too far fetched.

Expensive, yes, but worth it at this scale. Just the same, many of our wallets would be a whole lot happier if the 3rd party market would just slow down with MP-scale craze that seems to be trending. Everyone's either doing MP, legends, or SD figures now, it seems like. Personally, I've still got love for CHUG-sized deluxes and voyagers and would gladly see the market show more love for that scale again.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:07 AM   #20
timcrook
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
That sale was on the FansProject dinobots, not FansToys.

Maybe it was in store only special. I went in the afternoon and got a FT Scoria (toy color) for 30% off (regular price $250 CAD)