Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-27-2014, 12:09 PM   #21
RageD
Energon
Re: !!!SPOILERS - TF4 AOE Movie Discussion - SPOILERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
And Oh my god, the dinobots are the Knights of Cybertron WTF???
Come on man, That part made perfect sense </Sarcasm>
Old 06-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #22
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

My saving grace with Galvatron was that he was voiced by Welker and he sounded perfect. Also, because he's barely seen in this movie he can hopefully scan a rail gun of sorts for the next while getting rid of his Pacific Rim body.

Speaking of scanning, Prime says that only his fellow Autobots can heal him yet as soon as he scans his new alt mode he is right back to 100%.

I didn't like how Lockdown was just Jetfires voice. I did like his character though.

Also, if Crosshairs was voiced by John DiMaggio and they made him a dick, then they should have just gone full Bender.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #23
dak
Master Creator

Loved lockdown, disappointed by the Dinobots. Could have removed them and felt no loss. I was happy up until china... Then it just draaaaged out. Should have stopped the film there and save the rest for #5.

But over all I enjoyed most of the film. Doesn't push me away from liking the movie verse.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:51 PM   #24
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Welker as Galvatron was awesome but they didn't use him as well or enough as they should. Hopefully the next director uses him the way he should be. Self healing prime haha. The guys at the back of the theater behind us yelling "come on man, what the fu@k!" Was hilarious.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:12 PM   #25
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Okay I just saw the noon showing and I got to give my two cents.

Lockdown - he was done pretty well, he had character and a purpose that wasn't complex or random. They did keep him as a bounty hunter instead of a Decepticon like the toys have him. His VA was pretty good too. I got used to his terminator face.

Humans
- Okay you know what, they weren't that bad. And that is saying much from me because I've always hated the human elements in the movies, shows and comics. The comic relief between the 3 of them, even with the dude from Silicon Valley in it was well plotted, made me laugh, it felt real. it felt like these 3 people (Cade, Tessa and Shane) were really put into this situation. The dude who did the character Joshua was perfect and CIA bad guy from Fraser and his side kick did a good job of paying government jerkfaces that made me want to punch them in the face.

Crosshairs/Hound -
Okay, I am really starting to love everything about Crosshairs. He is like Sideswipe and Mirage's rebellious love child. His VA, his attitude, his little capey thing, awesome. John Goodman was great for Hound, though I get more Bulkhead feels then Hound if anything. Now if only their toys looked awesome enough to display.

Drift - Okay... Well I do love Ken as a VA and a actor and his little twin sword thing was nifty though it only shows up in the final battle, but there was something about him that was just abit derpy plus his face really throws me off. Plus everytime he said Sensei I wanted to punch him in the face. WHY is he so stereotypical when Drift isn't even Japanese to start with?

Government - I hope every single person working the shadow government got what was coming to them

MIA Autobots - That hurt. Watching Ratchet like that, and though I did want to know what happened to Sideswipe, Jolt and Mirage, I can only image that it was tragic and undeserved like our poor medic's was. So in a way I'm glad I don't know.

OP rage button - A few were complaining about his sudden rage to kill thriving in the Autobot leader and it's understandable, he was very close to his Autobots and in a way I get the feeling he feels like he failed them, that he could of been there for them and wasn't and I think that is one of the reasons for his burning desire to revenge. Especially since he did do so hard to keep the planet safe and yet got backstabbed in the end.

I think his inner turmoil was justified, but then I don't know why at the end after knowing what humans did last time he'd leave his entire team behind. Especially when Crosshairs was so edging to go back to space.

Bumblebee - Also love he wasn't the main focus in this movie, he was there but it wasn't like BUMBLEBEE in your face.

Dinobots - You know they were so hyped in the trailers and the like that I thought they would have a bigger role to play. But it seemed once the robots gained awareness that the movie became very rushed, like they had to get this done as quick as possible. It was just smushed together. If they just cut the battle down in half, have OP fly in and save the day with Crosshairs and Drift it would of been more affective then tossing the Dinobots in. They seem so random, they don't speak, they don't have names, they don't really put up any dominance fight when OP first releases them.

Galvatron and his minions/stinger - This just got a meh from me.

I'd be fine if they didn't show up at all. Also why were you even in it? You showed up for like 10 minutes, I barely noticed you were even in the movie.

Other humans
- Li BingBing, I thought she acted fine, I didn't see a problem with it. The blonde ponytail chick who I don't ever recall getting her name of seemed out of place.

Afterthought - Okay, so like overall it was a pretty good movie. I didn't like the choppy first few minutes where everything was randomly cut together, the human companions I actually enjoyed. The dinobots...meh. Grimlock looks cool and all, but they could of been overlooked and I wouldn't notice. I also love how this wasn't just a car movie like the other 3. I didn't like the ending at all.

He just up and abandoned his team without any apologies from the US government for killing off his breathen, he didn't speak to them at all, he had no reassurance that the Autobots would be safe with go, he just up and left. WTF. Also the score wasn't as great as the previous 3 movies. Only 1 score I liked, it was reused from the previous movie. And it had alot of TF action over humans which was AWESOME in my book.

I do recommend seeing it. It is better then DOTM at least in my opinion. I miss seeing Sideswipe, Jolt, Mirage and Ratchet though.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Last edited by Knockout; 06-27-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #26
sushicake
rawrrrr

I noticed Slash was in it when they first transform into their dino modes. You catch a glimpse of his head when they transform and that's pretty much the extent of his on screen time.

Also noticed how many lines John Goodman had like hell he has more lines than Peter Cullen in the movie. I will admit now though that Hound is my new favorite Bayformer.

Anyone else lol when Grimlock first transforms and Drift says "I thought it'd be a giant car".

Crappy part is Dinobots were delegated to being the Autobots Deus Ex Machina, they show up for 15 minutes if that and they kinda didn't do much... And to be honest could have been anything didn't have to be the Dinobots specifically. Now that I realize this Godzilla was the same thing, built up the suspense for the whole movie and we only see him for 20 minutes.

Last edited by sushicake; 06-27-2014 at 05:47 PM.
sushicake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #27
joshimus
Metroplex

I pretty much agree with Knockout. The Dinobots would have been better suited battling in robot modes too and not just dino mode. Like when the ship is pulling them up, they could have transformed. It actually could have been cooler if they transformed to robot mode and they took out the beam instead of how it went down. For being the selling point, they weren't there enough to do anything that memorable.
"I thought he'd be a giant car" was hilarious!!
Actually, I found a lot of the humour really entertaining. Listening to Hound while he defends Cade, Tessa and Shane and Joshua was freakin funny.
I do agree that it could have been trimmed down and a bit more Dinobot action in both modes would have been great. Hell, I'd be happier if it came out next year just SO they could do that extra animation. Also hated the nanotransform thing Galvatron and his minions had (though Bumblebee's comment when Galvatron swept past him was also funny)
I don't mind that people hate this movie, I just don't see why they fully despise it. To each their own I guess.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:11 PM   #28
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I pretty much agree with Knockout. The Dinobots would have been better suited battling in robot modes too and not just dino mode. Like when the ship is pulling them up, they could have transformed. It actually could have been cooler if they transformed to robot mode and they took out the beam instead of how it went down. For being the selling point, they weren't there enough to do anything that memorable.
"I thought he'd be a giant car" was hilarious!!
Actually, I found a lot of the humour really entertaining. Listening to Hound while he defends Cade, Tessa and Shane and Joshua was freakin funny.
I do agree that it could have been trimmed down and a bit more Dinobot action in both modes would have been great. Hell, I'd be happier if it came out next year just SO they could do that extra animation. Also hated the nanotransform thing Galvatron and his minions had (though Bumblebee's comment when Galvatron swept past him was also funny)
I don't mind that people hate this movie, I just don't see why they fully despise it. To each their own I guess.
Drift spoke too quietly over the backtrack, I didn't hear that part but asking Swallowdarkness she said it was the part where Crosshairs says fuk that and scurries up the waterfall and that makes it even more amusing

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #29
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Just caught the first afternoon showing. Here's my thoughts:

The Good:

Lockdown - He was an amazing villain! I loved him! Heck, I was practically rooting for him! Didn't really care for his pets or those weird big eyeballed and floating teeth drone things, but other than that I really like him. I think he kept true to the character for the most part even though he didn't look like his Animated or G1/ROTF counterpart.

Kelsey Grammar - Was also a good villain. Not quite as good as Lockdown, but when I saw the 2 of them together, I knew this was a great pair. I really wanted him and his goons to get what they deserved after murdering poor Ratchet.

Stanley Tucci - He started off pretty boring. Typical rich asshole. But after his face turn, he started to become an actual character and somewhat likable.

Frank Welker - Back as Galvatron! YES! So awesome!

Drift - Stereotype or not, I really liked him for as little he is in the movie. I really like the part when he's flying INSIDE the building with Bee hanging off him.

Mark Wahlberg - I'll say this, I like him much more than Mr. Shia "I'm-Not-Famous-Anymore" LaDouche.

The Vehicons - I liked how some of them kind of looked like past Decepticons. Particularly that 2-head Shockwave one.

The little nods to the fans - 1. When Optimus finishes transforming into his new alt mode, it plays the classic transforming sound when his Autobot logo pushes through. 2. When Tucci texts his scientist about the yield of the Seed's explosive potential, it's playing a version of the classic TF theme. 3. When Tucci mentions this the 5th(or was it 6th?) version of Galvatron I thought that might have been a nod to the fans, but probably not. But if you count G1/altG1/Kreo as 1, BW2 as 2, RiD as 3, A/E/C as 4, and maybe SG as 5, this could be the 5th or 6th version of Galvatron depending how you think of it.

It's the American thing to do - I loved how the one guy says that they should turn Optimus Prime over to the government for a reward that may or may not exist because it's "the American thing to do". The whole theatre laughed at that and I don't think it was for the reason the writer intended.

The Bad:

Optimus Prime - I really hate how the movies have turned Optimus Prime into a raging murder. At least in this movie he has some motivation because of all his friends being killed, but still I didn't like how much he said stuff like, "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU ALL!", "KILL THEM!" "KILL THEM WITH MURDER UNTIL THEY'RE DEAD!". Optimus Prime should be better than that. Plus, you know, this a kids movie. Not setting a good example.

Bumblebee - Why is he a just petulant child in this movie? He's lost almost all the charm he had in the first film. There was no reason for his fit over Stinger being "better" than him other than for him to scan a new alt mode, which still looks just like his alt mode from the past 3 movies. When Drift mentions that Bee was the leader while Optimus was gone, I thought, "Oh good! So he's started to mature and evolve the character". That thought is quickly dashed when they immediately begin to wrestle like children for no reason.

Crosshairs - What a piece of shit. What kind of Autobot says, "I want them to kill each other so I can take off and be by myself". He spends the entire movie doing nothing and not contributing in any way other than that one joke with the gunship. "Pull, hold, shoot, repeat" or whatever it was.

The Dinobots - Maybe it was because half their scenes were spoiled in the trailer, but I found them to be very boring. Especially because they never talked. Optimus even spoke to them in what I'm assuming was Cybertronian, though it sounded more like Italian to me. So I assume they can talk, but only growled in the movie. Their scenes would have been a thousand times better if they spoke. I'm sure Gregg Berger, Michael Bell, etc would have been available.

Ratchet and the other dead Autobots - I didn't like how the Ratchet died, or the fact that killed him in the first place. I was worried it was going to be just the humans to take them out, so in a twisted sense I'm kind of glad it was Lockdown to deliver the killing blow, but still.

You Got The Touch - Didn't have it. Even if they just had Marky Mark say it, I'd been happy. They could have easily written in a part where Wahlberg's character is fixing something, whether it be Optimus or one of his neighboors items, it starts to work and had some says, "You got the touch!". Could have even been that 8-track or Walk-Man playing the song.

The Confusing:

The Dinobots - I think everybody assumed from the beginning that the origin of the Dinobots would have something to do with them seeding the planet in per-historic time and the metal fossilized dinosaurs they found in the arctic. But apparently that had NOTHING to do with it. They were just trapped on Lockdown's ship for no reason as to why they were there.

Spike - "I'll ride with you any time, Spike!" Spike?! Who was Spike? I thought they were named Grimlock, Scorn, Slug(Slag), and Swoop. And even the ones not in the movie are Slash, Slog(Sludge), and Snarl. Maybe the one who looks like Scorn is actually Spike, Scorn's tri-spinosaurus cousin.

The Vehicons - So why is that Galvatron can break apart into a billion lego pieces and reassemble to dodge an attack from Bumblebee on the highway, but when the Vehicons are fighting in China, they can't at least partially disassemble themselves to avoid being damaged. Also, it was explicitly stated in the movie that these guys were DESIGNED to take out the Autobots. Yet, 50 of them can't take out 5 Autobots. They totally should have been a bigger threat than they were given these 2 factors. Instead, the Autobot pants them at every turn.

Stinger - Is he like the Waspinator of AOE? When I was watching the final battle, I was like, "Oh, Hound just killed Stinger. I thought for sure Bumblebee was going to be the one to...oh wait, there he is again. Maybe he's not dead. Nope, now he's dead. Wait, there he is again. And he's dead again. There's another Stinger. And he's dead again." Like, did the animators forget that they already killed him and just kept reusing the same model or what?

Drift - Triple-changer? Cool! But why is he a triple-changer? Is it because he's a former Decepticon? And why is that not even mentioned in the entire movie? Seems like a big part of character to me. They should have at least explained that he's allied with the Autobots out of necessity.

Crosshairs - Speaking of triple-changers... Why isn't he Springer? Seriously, I could not even remember his name. He just looks like a movie-verse Springer to me. And it seems like Drift stole his gimmick.

Hound - Should have been called Bulkhead. Even people I went with, who know nothing about Transformers, said "Was that Bulkhead?"

The Spark Extractor - When Lockdown pulls out Ratchet's spark, I immediately thought that they were probably going to use his and the other Autobots sparks to power the Vehicons, much like Megatron did in Beast Machines. But that wasn't the case. Still, I wonder what happened to those sparks.

Unicron/The Quintessons - Just the way Lockdown said, "You're not the center of the universe" it made me think that he's actually been there and that it's something to fear. Could it be Unicron? Or is it the Quintessons/the Creators? I guess we'll have to wait for the next movie to find out.

Arcee - Was it just me or when the humans are shooting at Ratchet, just after they take out his leg, it sounded like Ratchet said, "Arcee, I'm hurt...". Was I just hearing things or what?

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 06-27-2014 at 11:03 PM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #30
Pascal
Banned

I was hoping to see it again tonight, but our f*cking retarded theater's last showing was at 7.20pm or 7.40pm... WTF is that?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote