Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
SMOG
zombicon
The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Well, I've noticed that in the Quebec sightings thread (which is 90% Montreal area folks) we sure do like our off-topic banter, and we drive our mods crazy (and those sourpusses who only want a sightings feed).

Anyway, in that spirit I'm opening this thread. I don't know if it will fly, but I figure it deserves a shot. This can be our place to plan local get-togethers, swap stories and bots, gripe about crappy distribution in la Belle Province, give tips on where to score free TFs due to pricing errors, and to generally shoot the breeze, TF fanboy-style, in both official languages. Because we're cool like that.

So yeah... I'm building it. We'll see who shows up. Subscribe to the thread and comment often. It may be weird to bounce between both this and the sightings thread, but it's worth a try.

Allons-y!

zmog

Last edited by SMOG; 09-29-2012 at 11:22 PM.
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:07 AM   #2
alternatorfan
g1 baby
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

can anyone join this club?
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
Undrave
Canadian Slag

So... how about 'em sucky Zellers and their 24,99 deluxes? Can't wait for the closing sales to put them back down to normal retail -.- I'm utterly baffled on how those things can sell at that price! I mean who goes to Zellers and can afford that? Especially when you got slightly bigger DOTM toys and leftover Generations ones right next to them for cheaper!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #4
Pascal
Banned

Can the thread be frenglish?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #5
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
can anyone join this club?
Sure! There's no set rules, but we Montreal locals end up running off-topic so often in the Sightings board, I figured we should try an alternative venue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
So... how about 'em sucky Zellers and their 24,99 deluxes? Can't wait for the closing sales to put them back down to normal retail -.- I'm utterly baffled on how those things can sell at that price! I mean who goes to Zellers and can afford that? Especially when you got slightly bigger DOTM toys and leftover Generations ones right next to them for cheaper!
That continues to astound me. I don't know how that has slipped by managerial attention for so long. Zellers prices from Hasbro have been really weird lately... their Star Wars Crossovers went from $19.99 to $29.99 too.

That's the sad thing... Zellers may be liquidating, but they A) have almost nothing I want, or B) their liquidation prices are still inferior to regular pricing elsewhere.

I hate to see them go, but seriously... on the plus side, their "we're closing" ad where they retire their Zeddy the Bear mascot is awesome and hilarious.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/09...n_1903293.html

zmog
Old 09-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #6
SMOG
zombicon

I'm cool with this being a "franglais" bilingual thread. Since most of us can get by in both languages, I don't see it as a problem, and if something isn't clear, it's not like we can't ask.

I made this thread, but I don't consider it "mine". I just thought we should try this out. I figure whenever something comes up in the sightings thread that would normally touch off an off-topic discussion, we can just post it here instead.

...plus maybe us cool kids can use this place to share some anti-scalper tips outside the normal channels...?

zmog

Last edited by SMOG; 09-30-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
Undrave
Canadian Slag

So I'll be going to the new Toys 'R' Us Express at Fleur de Lys tomorow. The local they're using is relatively big but apparently they don't have a proper backstore, crates are hidden behind a wind screen so I'm hoping they'll have good stock rotation....once new stock comes in anyway -.-. A friend of mine who lived nearby was pretty sad when the old TRU Vanier closed down last winter so this new thing is a blessing. And I gotta admit it bothered me too. Vanier was a superb spot for picking up Transformers, plus Laurier feels so far away nowadays when I can walk to Fleur de Lys from home if I want to, or take the 84/74 for 15 minutes from the library downtown... and if going all the way to Laurier feels like a chore, FORGET about Gallerie de la Capitale (I've yet to visit that particular TRU). Funny how I used to hate going to FDL but now I go there more often (having friends who live nearby helps in that department...).

But what exactly is the difference between a regular Toys 'R' Us and an Express one, beside the lack of bikes and large outdoor items?

Last edited by Undrave; 09-30-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #8
SMOG
zombicon

?? No idea.

Now if they had a "Toys R Us - USA" store, that might get my attention. This "no exclusives in Quebec" thing is getting so tiresome. Blah.

zmog
Old 09-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #9
dabra_dmp
Machine War

Penser vous je que devrais acheter le wave 2 de FOC online? Je sais pas si y vont avoir ce wave la dans les magasins. La distribution ici Suck Ã* mort.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:34 AM   #10
Buhawi
Ang Alamat