Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-04-2022, 12:21 PM   #51
Soundwaves
Robot Master
Re: Ages Three And Up - Product and PreOrder Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
Ive been at it for over a month.

DNA says they released the kit in Sept and other members here say they got it around then as well.

My other item is Star Wars Black Tech which also released months ago.

A3U just isn't responding. I tried FB messenger just now and straight up posted a complaint on their FB page for all to read. I'm tired of jumping through hoops only to be ignored for a PREPAID ORDER FROM MAY 2021!!!! At this point I have no options as I am well past the 180 days PP allows for disputes.

Ill call later today as well. Ive had 2 orders with them in 2021, both have issues with them shipping things out months later with no communication.

Ill never buy from them again and will actively advise people to never bother with them as well.

A3U, you suck. Might as well start calling yourself Northmen Collectables now.
I hadn't bought from A3U for quite some time but recently made a couple purchases to try and get rid of an outstanding credit I have.

I was very happy with the in store experience but everything after was really bad.

could not get through on the phone and voicemails were not replied to.

emails were also ignored.

I think everyone is having a hard time right now as far as as staffing, etc goes but it definitely will make the think before ordering from there again too.

Not even bothering to respond to multiple emails over weeks isn't covid issue. It's a management issue.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:03 PM   #52
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

Hi All,

Just wanted to chime in here.

First off for anyone getting slower responses or to anyone that has not received a reply yet, this is not the norm and without looking into the reasons, I would like to simply say sorry.

It is frustrating from a customer's point of view no matter what the issue is when their inquiries are left up in the air. I can assure you that we are a small team, when things do fall through the cracks, we do not take it lightly no matter what the issue is. We care deeply and work our hardest to make things happen.

I know there is always another side to every story including ours. I did not want to come onto here and do some typical public write off that larger companies do nor do I want to make excuses for mistakes we have made.

What I would like to do is acknowledge how backups can make our customers feel in any department and want to be transparent about the challenges we are facing.

The last 2 years have been a great growing experience for us. Along with growth, are major challenges. Some are situations we were experienced in handling and some are new situations we are not.

I don't want to ramble about how Covid affected us, as I feel it is a given that it affected everyone, not just us. Like everyone, we have had to work with it for a while now and it's not easy, but it's also something that has unfortunately become part of the workflow.

Our challenges through this time period has taught us how to grow and invest in our infrastructure and we are better for it. Having said that, it is a large challenge. Our team is still the core 4 people you have grown to know over the past decade and although we have added to the team, we have lost team members along the way during these past couple of years. We have been trying to adapt to these changes the best we can.

In the past 2 years we have had to set up a new warehouse and warehouse management software (to address volume and shipping inefficiencies). This was a challenge due to the fact we used to run everything from our retail store. This meant more staff changes during Covid. Training someone in this difficult period, in a specialized field came with a lot of setbacks.

Shipping, production and cost changes from a manufacturing level also produced unique challenges which created a lot more work and logistical issues.

Development and ongoing maintenance of our systems online to ensure we are not ignoring our digital growth is an ongoing challenge (this includes our ticketing system which we need to update regularly to help us prioritize the thousands of emails and social posts that come through every month).

These are a few of the larger challenges we have faced with all the changes. Once you start throwing in trade shows returning and holiday volume, it takes a bit to adjust. We are still a mom-and-pop shop (literally our family business). We just work hard to put ourselves out there and be everywhere. This really forces us to find the right balance of not being too large for us and not being so small that it is difficult to expand our products our customers are wanting us to carry.

Again, just being transparent, not making excuses. Our challenges are not ones that are yours to bear, but we are grateful to express these issues and have the community grow with us through our ups and downs.

Our main thing is we don't want anyone to think we are just looking at problems (being staffing, communications etc.) and just saying whatever and ignoring them. We are actively trying to improve everything. Mistakes will happen, human error does not allude us with these growing pains, but we will make sure we take care of customers.

We have been around for over a decade, and with a lot of hard work and a bit of luck, have had the opportunity to do much more than just be a local shop; We've been a part of sponsoring conventions and working with independent 3p companies to make cool products for the fandom.

I know it's hard to imagine all of this when we are all just words on a page. I can assure you, anyone that has met me or my team in person knows that we take our work seriously and care about our customers. I have met many of you at shows, at our retail store and would never feel good about making you not feel good about your dealings with us.

As a side note, I know that when it feels like there is little choice but to go onto Social Media or Forums to call us out, that it may be a way to vent about the situation, I don't judge. I don't expect our customers to chase us down for answers, but just know that our team is not acknowledging anyone based on how loud they scream. We believe in acknowledging ANY issue that comes to our attention. If things are missed, there could be technical or volume related reasons, but never because we are dismissing anyone no matter what tone they are taking with us... we are 100% behind helping you out. We would prefer you to be nice though, as we are not just some jerks behind a computer

Our phone line 604-569-1872 is also open daily from 12pm-6pm (same hours as our store and warehouse is open to public) Please listen for the prompt as it is NOT a voicemail but directions on what number to punch in to reach shipping or for order inquiries.

Thanks for Listening and we look forward to always improving and rolling with the punches!

Boris

Ages Three and Up
www.agesthreeandup.ca

Last edited by agesthreeandup; 01-04-2022 at 06:12 PM.
agesthreeandup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 12:32 AM   #53
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Was there a FB post about Tesla 2.0 going up? I totally missed it if there was.

I managed to get one from KoolToyz, so it's all good. I was just wondering.

Honestly though, I wish you guys did what a couple other places do, and that's post it on FB, maybe have a mailing list, and have a set day and time when they go up that gives people time to actually hear that they'll be going up soon.

Just my on personal wish.
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 03:27 PM   #54
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

I can at least appreciate the communication from Ages3andUp... but also makes me wonder if they act as a distributor for other stores.

I recently preordered something from a similar store and found out they got in the item I preordered in but I can only guess they did not get enough to fill preorders because when I asked about it they said "Should get some more"... like wtf.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 05:11 PM   #55
timcrook
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Was there a FB post about Tesla 2.0 going up? I totally missed it if there was.

I managed to get one from KoolToyz, so it's all good. I was just wondering.

Honestly though, I wish you guys did what a couple other places do, and that's post it on FB, maybe have a mailing list, and have a set day and time when they go up that gives people time to actually hear that they'll be going up soon.

Just my on personal wish.
They have started doing that with fanstoys items.
Old 01-05-2022, 06:18 PM   #56
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

A3U is my favourite store in the world.
Hyperbolic I know, but it seriously is.
I lived nearby for a couple of years (just moved back to Toronto a couple of months ago) and they've got a huge operation now.

I appreciate their YouTube videos, showing us the behind-the-scenes of the warehouse expansion, and knowing the transport challenges BC faced in the last month or so, along with COVID, along with holiday season, ALONG WITH 2 TFCONs in 3 months, I'd say they're doing pretty well.

Looking forward to the ThreeZero Hulkbuster, and G2-colours XTB Motormaster that I preordered from them.

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:02 PM   #57
max99d
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo.Dave View Post
A3U is my favourite store in the world.
Hyperbolic I know, but it seriously is.
I lived nearby for a couple of years (just moved back to Toronto a couple of months ago) and they've got a huge operation now.

I appreciate their YouTube videos, showing us the behind-the-scenes of the warehouse expansion, and knowing the transport challenges BC faced in the last month or so, along with COVID, along with holiday season, ALONG WITH 2 TFCONs in 3 months, I'd say they're doing pretty well.

Looking forward to the ThreeZero Hulkbuster, and G2-colours XTB Motormaster that I preordered from them.

I feel the same.
I have been with them, since the days of Spencer.
Boris just made it better and better.
Thank you for being my main go to store.

Cheers
David

Last edited by max99d; 01-05-2022 at 07:28 PM.
max99d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:24 PM   #58
neevnav
Masterpiece

Honestly, this is my first negative experience with them, and they quickly made it right. Stuff happens. Every other purchase I've had from them has been completely positive. The transparency from Boris here is great, and not something you'll always get from retailers. I'll definitely continue to shop with them.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:38 PM   #59
timcrook
Cybertron

I love how sometimes they will have extras of sold out stuff for walk in customers hahahaha
Old 01-06-2022, 09:11 AM   #60
omegacanuck
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
I can at least appreciate the communication from Ages3andUp... but also makes me wonder if they act as a distributor for other stores.

I recently preordered something from a similar store and found out they got in the item I preordered in but I can only guess they did not get enough to fill preorders because when I asked about it they said "Should get some more"... like wtf.
Three things can come into play here. It's not uncommon for a store to get a partial fill on an order, especially on brand new stuff. IE, store orders 100 of a particular product, distributor will get SOME in, and send 60, with the other 40 following (usually fairly quickly, but not always).

The other common thing is multiple orders from distribution. If a store takes pre-orders, and has ordered 100 of an item from distribution, but those sell out. They then pre-order another 50 from distribution a few weeks later and put them back up for pre-order to customers. If you are order #120, you're gonna be in the second batch, and so yes, it's likely they will get some in (the first 100) but you won't get yours in that batch.

Thirdly, is the different ways that product is distributed. Most items, especially Transformers, are generally available either as an assortment, or as a solid case. Often both are ordered at the same time, but they are not necessarily released at the same time. Assortments are often released before solid cases (usually just a matter of a few weeks, but it's a thing). The current wave with Pipes/Slammer is a good example. In an assortment case of 8, you've got 2 each of Pipes, Slammer, Airazor, and Blackarachnia. 2 of those items are repeats from prior waves, so stores may well order a certain quantity of the assortment, but also a certain amount of just Pipes and Slammer so as not to be buried in repeat product. Again, if you're early in ordering, you'll likely get your order filled from whatever cases come in first (likely the assortment).

Lesson to take away, is if you need to be the first to get your stuff, you need to be among the first to order it. Hope that sheds some light.
omegacanuck is offline   Reply With Quote