Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-06-2017, 09:15 AM   #1
ngnaw
Armada
Dinobots

Hi guys, I'm always late to the party... Can someone "educate" me on the dinobots figures from 3rd party makers. I was looking at FansToys and Fansprojects but I see a difference in price and maybe sizes? Also where can I get these from a Canadian online shop or abroad? I'm not too fussy about the exact replica of G1 just as long as I have the 5 for my collection... Thank you in advance.
ngnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:20 AM   #2
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron
Re: Dinobots

I would recommend the FansToys versions of them! They are all Masterpiece size and quality with a fair amount of metal!
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:44 AM   #3
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
I would recommend the FansToys versions of them! They are all Masterpiece size and quality with a fair amount of metal!
Hi thanks for your recommendation. Can you tell me what the size of the FansProject is? Voyager size?
Old 06-06-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
Armagear
Scamper

FansToys is has a very Mp aesthetic/size. Has the high price to match. PlanetX has some of the nicest looking dinos. They seem to be more really well built toy-like, like fansproject In hand. They also feel more chug like. Gigapower has an enormous sized dinobot series, but are really slow to release. FansProjects is a very nice looking set of dinobots, but are pretty fidgity. Not nearly as bad as some say. They are on the more chug scale and you can find them easily on some kind of sale. GCreations has an awesome looking combiner set, but like the FP set, can be quite fidgity. Especially with GCreations penchant for creative transformation difficulties. Toyworld also has some nice looking Dinos which is also a combiner. The individual figures are pretty good, but the combined mode is wrecked. All the dinos are complete sets except for FP and GigaPower. Here is probably the best place to start. So is robotoybase, tf-direct and ages3andup. There are also quite a few Facebook pages you may find a good deal with. The fun part is the hunt after all.

When in doubt, Kick It
Armagear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:53 AM   #5
ironclaugh
Armada

Fansproject are a bit bigger than a Voyager... but I believe they are considered to be CHUG scale.

Fanstoys fall more in line with Masterpiece in style and scale, with Grinder (Grimlock) being taller than MP-10.
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:07 AM   #6
Longshot
Pretender

I have both and they're really nice but I tend to lean towards the FP option. I'm assuming you're not talking about the FP Ryu-Oh series but the Lost Exo Realm series. The Lost Exo Realm series is excellent, a bit bigger than a Voyager class and is just plain fun. While I did wish they were MP sized it does not take away how much I enjoy them.
If you're looking strictly for faithful reiterations of the Dinobots in MP class glory, look no further than Fans Toys. They did a great job but if you're looking for something that is unique but adheres to basic aesthetics than the FP Lost Exo Realm set is worth the purchase.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:38 AM   #7
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
I'm not too fussy about the exact replica of G1 just as long as I have the 5 for my collection... Thank you in advance.
There are quite a few lines from different companies.
FPJ Lost Exo Realm released 4 or 5, but the last one (snarl) is not released, and might never will, since it seems FPJ is going down.

GP only released 2 dinobots.

TW released all 5, and they can combine, but looks weird.

The only one has all 5 dinobots and in good quaility is FT.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:49 PM   #8
ngnaw
Armada

Ah thanks for all the info guys! I'll have to look around and then decide on which ones. I should have mentioned I want the 5. Fansproject I like the price but it's missing snarl... And I think they have 6 bots... I like FansToys but gonna be expensive lol gonna go check out Toyworld
Old 06-06-2017, 08:36 PM   #9
Hoffman
Generation 1

I have both the FansToys and ToyWorld sets, they're both great for very different reasons.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:26 PM   #10
ngnaw
Armada

Was checking out Gcreations and PlanetX too. For just the 5 bots with no care for the combiner gimmick, I could go with either Gcreations or Toyworld or PlanetX but leaning more towards GC and TW. FansToys is awesome but expensive for my budget.