Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-06-2021, 11:25 AM   #2221
pandaprime
aficionado!
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
50 of the 61 "transformers" on sale are "out of stock" or "coming soon" and cannot be purchased online.

webmaster on summer holidays

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 12:26 PM   #2222
Melomeca
Generation 2

Can't buy online, can't buy over phone, can't hold and can't buy from one store for another(but can return at any store). I don't understand how this business is run well
Melomeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 01:12 PM   #2223
Tiffster
Classic

Got my kingdom Magnus price adjusted in store. The ailses had precious little id buy do this sale seems only good for price adjusting recent purchases.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 02:45 PM   #2224
MC Culla
Mini-Con

Does anyone have the TRU links for Kupp and Blurr? I went to price adjust in store and they told me they were not on sale. Not in stock at the store anymore as well to price scan and I was there yesterday and Blurr scanned as on sale.
MC Culla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 03:11 PM   #2225
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Culla View Post
Does anyone have the TRU links for Kupp and Blurr? I went to price adjust in store and they told me they were not on sale. Not in stock at the store anymore as well to price scan and I was there yesterday and Blurr scanned as on sale.
they changed the sku when they did the price bump. I had to fight for a return and repurchase
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 03:50 PM   #2226
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
they changed the sku when they did the price bump. I had to fight for a return and repurchase
I had that happen back with Earthrise Wave 2, when they came out they had individual skus, at one point they changed to the wave 1 shared SKU.

It took the person 5-10 minutes to find in the system the sku actually changed.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:57 PM   #2227
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Culla View Post
This is a major headache. Happened to me yesterday with KUP and I just gave up.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #2228
imfallenangel
Cybertron

For lack of any other better place to post this question and knowing that the Buzzworthy are Target --- hence TrU exclusives:

Any word about the Bumblebee Origin (the saucer one) figure coming up at some point?

I've yet to see anything about it even coming here and the US has had it in stores for a couple of weeks now.

I'm starting to wonder/worry that it's going to be one of those exclusives that we'll either not get at all or will be hard to get.
Old 08-10-2021, 10:34 AM   #2229
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
For lack of any other better place to post this question and knowing that the Buzzworthy are Target --- hence TrU exclusives:

Any word about the Bumblebee Origin (the saucer one) figure coming up at some point?

I've yet to see anything about it even coming here and the US has had it in stores for a couple of weeks now.

I'm starting to wonder/worry that it's going to be one of those exclusives that we'll either not get at all or will be hard to get.
There is currently 0 evidence we are getting the toy in canada aside from the assumption that TRU will get all the Buzzworthy toys. Canada can be super late to get target exclusives, like we saw with Red Wing.

As for Target exclusives always being TRU exclusives, that's not a given. For this line, sure, since the deal with hasbro is that TRU gets all the Buzzworthy toys, but different companies have different contracts. Mattel toys that are Target exclusive in the US are Walmart exclusive in Canada, for instance, like the Masters of the Universe exclusives. Some Target Exclusive funkos end up at EB Games. And on and on

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 08-10-2021 at 10:55 AM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 12:33 PM   #2230
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
There is currently 0 evidence we are getting the toy in canada aside from the assumption that TRU will get all the Buzzworthy toys. Canada can be super late to get target exclusives, like we saw with Red Wing.

As for Target exclusives always being TRU exclusives, that's not a given. For this line, sure, since the deal with hasbro is that TRU gets all the Buzzworthy toys, but different companies have different contracts. Mattel toys that are Target exclusive in the US are Walmart exclusive in Canada, for instance, like the Masters of the Universe exclusives. Some Target Exclusive funkos end up at EB Games. And on and on
My question is more in the hopes that someone might have the info if we'll be getting it for certain.

The Redwing reference is a great example of the crap we have to deal with... it showed up only online and for just a few days, so anyone that didn't happen to be online for those few days and check, missed it (considering that it looks like the number they had was really small anyways).

It already sucks that Tracks's date keep being pushed back (pre-ordered via EBgames anyways) when it's been out for weeks (also) in the US.

Trouble is.. if we get screwed out of it, the scalpers pricing will only go up higher than what they are already doing now.