Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 04-06-2021, 06:33 PM   #1
Decepticon Army
King of the Obscure
Transformers Earthrise Deep Cover released in Canada

Thanks to Cybertron.ca member theoneyouknowleast for letting us know that Transformers Earthrise Deep Cover has been released in Canada.

The sighting was made at an EB Games in Ontario.

Share your sightings in the Canadian Transformers Sightings forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F1F813F4-DAEC-4F03-86A2-FED9AA314D2E.jpg
Views:	1147
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	48876  
Old 04-11-2021, 07:03 PM   #2
pandaprime
aficionado!
Re: Transformers Earthrise Deep Cover released in Canada

toysrus.ca has it too:

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../34B82A66.html

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:59 AM   #3
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Got the call from EB today. Very nice paint but I had weird feet issues with the way it was tied. One seemed loose and one was super tight to move during transformation.

Also, is this possibly the first ever zero plastic recycle/waste TF box? Just cardboard and strings...
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:17 AM   #4
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Got the call from EB today. Very nice paint but I had weird feet issues with the way it was tied. One seemed loose and one was super tight to move during transformation.

Also, is this possibly the first ever zero plastic recycle/waste TF box? Just cardboard and strings...
Yeah, Hasbro being cheap asf, lol.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:14 AM   #5
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Yeah, Hasbro being cheap asf, lol.
And yet somehow still full price. You would think that a box that has zero artwork printed on it, zero product photography, zero plastic would equate to some kind of savings for us (if only minimal), but no.

That has always been a problem of mine with the selects line. Not only all of the above is true, but the line also consists of 97% re-used or repainted parts...

Last edited by Grayfox; 04-15-2021 at 06:10 PM.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:30 AM   #6
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
And yet somehow still full price. You would think and that box that has zero artwork printed on it, zero product photography, zero plastic would equate to some kind of saving for us (if only minimal), but no.

That has always been a problem of mine with the selects line. Not only all of the above is true, but the line also consists of 97% re-used or repainted parts...
Yeah, it really makes no sense. Soon they'll eliminate packaging and it will just be the figure on the shelf (and they'll charge twice as much, lol). Most of the lines that Hasbro is currently making are just recycled molds (Black Series, Marvel Legends, Power Rangers).
Old 04-15-2021, 06:21 PM   #7
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Yeah, it really makes no sense. Soon they'll eliminate packaging and it will just be the figure on the shelf (and they'll charge twice as much, lol). Most of the lines that Hasbro is currently making are just recycled molds (Black Series, Marvel Legends, Power Rangers).
I understand the need for mold re-use. I think they do it too often, but I understand it. Selling the fifth or sixth re-use of the Siege Sideswipe mold in a brown cardboard box for full price I don't.

And to make it slightly worse, the Selects figures barely ever go on sale. So it's usually grab asap at full price or pass altogether. A clever racket for sure.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:05 PM   #8
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
I understand the need for mold re-use. I think they do it too often, but I understand it. Selling the fifth or sixth re-use of the Siege Sideswipe mold in a brown cardboard box for full price I don't.

And to make it slightly worse, the Selects figures barely ever go on sale. So it's usually grab asap at full price or pass altogether. A clever racket for sure.
I just ordered him from Toysrus for $26. Otherwise I would have passed at full price. I just want to use it as my g2 sideswipe stand in.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:47 PM   #9
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:

I too understand mold reuse, but the fact that they're reusing some mold's from almost 5-6 years ago and they're actually charging more for them today is getting kind of ridiculous (not really talking Transformers here as much). For Marvel Legends, they're still using the Bucky-Cap mold for so many figures and Legends have only gotten more expensive. Sideswipe's reuse isn't that big of a deal because the reuses are actual characters that look like Sideswipe. Getting to the point, I wish that there was more creativity if they're going to increase prices (my two cents).
Old 04-15-2021, 08:52 PM   #10
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
Seems gone now...
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote