Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2015, 10:04 AM   #21
Buhawi
Ang Alamat
Re: Wal-Mart's Price Matching Is A Scam

I saw this thread after the store refusing the price match awhile back. Refused the website prices as well on my phone through the competitor website.

If you've ever wondered about the recent (2 years or so) price difference between competiting stores and which one (by that I mean by it also differs in class size) has the now clearly lower price (not just a cent difference), you can say that these price differences are set to deny you the advertised price match.

Maybe Hasbro's been reading up on their savier consumers. LOL
Old 10-19-2015, 10:25 AM   #22
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannablackbee View Post
My wife is an expert at this. She does coupons. She got me CW wave 2 limbs price matched at walmart. Her advice is pick the right cashier. After all, they are human being like us. If you come at the right moment, they might feel good and do you a favor.

A month later, i got motormaster matched with the paper flyer stating the percentage. But was lucky because the flyer showed and example. And the example was saying regular price 29,99$ but sale price 22,47$. The cashier accepted.
I've always given the same advice to anyone. Pick the cashier. If you deal with people everyday, you know which ones.

Here's something funny I'll share.

I normally share the toy finds with a few select people here on the boards and especially there is a price match in sight.

Another thing that could have led to the refusal in my case is the new funky haircut, by that I mean it made me look like a hipster from buzzfeed. The wife wanted me to try instead of the usual clean look I normally sport. Other than the policy and my hair, I'm the same guy who's always gotten his price matches without fail.

I was actually on the phone with the said person while attempting the price match. Confidently confirming when we should meet up. yeah, I've never been refused before that day.

Yeah look sharp and sport a clean look peeps. I bet your savy wife would also agree. Fuck hipster haircuts.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:32 AM   #23
Deception
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeem View Post
I've brought TRU flyer in on a cell phone and they said they need the physical flyer and I've brought the flyer in with the %off sale and they have said they would prefer an online print out...

It's whatever suits their needs.
This had happened to me as well. I hate price matching and I especially don't like to argue with some 40 year old old lady for half an hour explaining what a voyager is. Now I just rather get it retail first and hope for a sale so I can get a price adjustment, its so much easier....and rainchecks too!
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:32 AM   #24
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 View Post

scam (skăm) Informal
n.
A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle.

sham
SHam/Submit
noun
a thing that is not what it is purported to be
A definition of Fraud is:

"a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities."

I'd still say scam is the right word, though sham fits as well.. To me it is a deceitful business practice that is in place to get people in their store under false pretenses.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:16 PM   #25
Pascal
Banned

Hard to pick your cashier when there's only one doing returns (two when they're REALLY busy)... lol.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:08 PM   #26
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

If you think two employees can cover the entire shift and week at the returns...

You mean to say that as often your hunting/sightings post suggests and you still manage to fail getting to know your surroundings?

It should be automatic at the rate of your visits and knowing your own surroundings should be applied to any given situation.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:11 PM   #27
Pascal
Banned

And what is the rate of my visits?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote