Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #11
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus
Re: FP Causality CA13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
Smart marketing to sell the 4 cheapest first and then to complete it you need double what you paid for each of the first 4.

Ive always been waiting to buyt them as a set.
What did you think would happen when you sell an item that has more mass than all the four limb bots together? $120 is more than fair for this offering.

What difference is it to get people to commit to this first and then the limbs?

The only difference is that people may wait and then would have to pay a high scalpers premium to buy Diesel.

People just look for any reason to hate.

$80 was a pipe dream. $100 could have happened if the e-tailers didn't get greedy. The early bird price is all BS. The pattern for FP figures has ALWAYS been the ame with the major etailer, preoder prices are ALWAYS lower than the price you pay once the item is in stock. $150?? I have no clue where that came from, just a way for etailer to money grab on a most popular and beautiful combiner.

And as much as I love and support Captured Prey, all that stuff he is saying about profit margins being less than 3% over at TFW is bullshit. 1. No one would pick up the item with a less than 3% profit margin and 2. I know the wholesale price.

The etailers killed the price on this thing not FP, rustme, FP tried to get lower. Not $80 lower but not $120 high and definitely not $150.

Last edited by Transbot90210; 09-18-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #12
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

I didn't buy the limbs because I wasn't so sure I would be interested in the final product, but now I kinda sorta am. EB price is supposed to be until Sept 26th, so I don't know how pre-orders can be sold out at some places already. I guess that means I'll just have to buy them all elsewhere if I do, or I'll just wait for a full set to pop up.
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #13
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

If I am correct I think sites need to enter a stock count even for preorders. I assume that stores like Automaton just passed that number and are now showing sold out and will reenter a number and will then take more orders.

You can not sell out on preorders.

That said, why would anyone buy from a Canadian sight outside of having a lot of money and wanting to pay more to support a Canadian company. You can order from TFSource and pay less AND not pay 13% tax AND you won't get hit by duty.

I'm just sharing this because I remember when I was new to online buying and was scared to try new sites.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #14
CBII
Animated

Well I'm disappointed that Automaton is "out of stock" on the pre order. I've ordered all 4 cars from Mario so it's a shame to have to order from BBTS.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #15
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBII View Post
Well I'm disappointed that Automaton is "out of stock" on the pre order. I've ordered all 4 cars from Mario so it's a shame to have to order from BBTS.
If you order from BBTS you WILL get hit by customs 100%. If you order from TFSource you WILL NOT get hit by customs 100%.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #16
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

A3U also still has the $119 early bird pricing until Sept 26.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #17
CBII
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by transbot90210 View Post
If you order from BBTS you WILL get hit by customs 100%. If you order from TFSource you WILL NOT get hit by customs 100%.
ACTUALLY...that is incorrect!

A local collector and fellow board member STI 2NV RARELY pays customs from BBTS.

Be carefull about what you're claiming as to be facts.

I will check out TFsource though.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #18
nervousviper
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBII View Post
A local collector and fellow board member STI 2NV RARELY pays customs from BBTS.

Wow maybe luck was on his side. I stopped ordering from them 4 yrs ago coz everytime BBTS shipped my orders i ALWAYS got hit by customs.
nervousviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #19
STI 2NV
Energon

I oddly luck out. 2/5 times I have been hit with customs. all my orders are $265.00-$592.00 including shipping, between November 2012 and now. I have been choosing the cheapest option untill my most recent which got bumped up as it was too big. I don't know why I have been lucking out.

Please don't jinx it people.
STI 2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #20
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

It has been my experience that if I place an order with BBTS and it is under $120 I dont usually have any fees, but over that amount I sometimes get hit with customs.

It is too bad that Automaton could not secure more of this figure and at the discounted price. I have bought the other 4 team members from them and now have to go to BBTS for the last.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote