Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-31-2010, 10:35 PM   #11
Quanza
Generation 1
Re: MP Conehead Seekers

I have no complaints about the mini mp nemesis prime except for the fact that it is delicate. But I knew that when I bought it. And the legal question is hard to say. A similar situation would be Pepsi suing Sobey’s for making “Our Compliments” cola. It just has to be different enough from the original product to become it’s own product.

Edit: Black letters, that's what I get for spell checking in office lol

Last edited by Quanza; 07-31-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Quanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:37 PM   #12
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Don't sweat the legal question, Habsro can figure that out on it's own. Unless you yourself plan to make these, let's leave the two of them (Hasbro and whoever) to figure it out.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:38 PM   #13
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

I'm not a big fan of any of the igear stuff but these might just change my mind!
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:42 PM   #14
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousviper View Post
How come Has/Tak didn't come up with this idea or if they do what keeping them for doing it... I mean the mold is already there, they just need to do a few changes/remold.
Considering real Masterpiece figures cost a lot for the average fan, their release schedule does allow us to save up. If they released all three coneheads within the next year, that would be about $400 out of our pockets. For some people, its just pocket change, for others, its bullet to their wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
It looks like igear isn't making them, they're just the distributor. Anyone ever here of The Partner Products?
Partner Product is just a cover up, to make them feel safer from Hasbro or Takara's wraith. I've had sources confirm this as well, who know what is goes on with 3rd party stuff, including igear's KOs. And with out sources, you can just look at how iGear has delayed their main products for a year now. We still haven't seen them release the mini KO Sharkticons, the Decepticon base, or the oversized MP KO trailer. If these are really Partner Products, iGear should of had their own stuff out by now, or given some updates on them.

At this point, I don't really care if iGear wants to KO stuff. I feel it doesn't affect Takara or Hasbro, as iG is limited on how they can sell their stuff. Retailers won't touch any of the "Partner Product" stuff. So that gives Takara a chance to still release their version of the Coneheads and make it easily accessible to more fans.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:05 PM   #15
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
It looks like igear isn't making them, they're just the distributor. Anyone ever here of The Partner Products?
Igear hired a customrizer to make Igear prototypes of the MP Conehead Seekers. Igear is doing the rest.
It's a "partnership" only in the fact that they were made for Igear to do what they wish with them afterwards.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:13 PM   #16
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Predaking View Post
Igear hired a customrizer to make Igear prototypes of the MP Conehead Seekers. Igear is doing the rest.
It's a "partnership" only in the fact that they were made for Igear to do what they wish with them afterwards.
Actually, iGear has stated several times that they are only doing the selling of the "Partner Products". They say they have nothing to do with the designing or the producing of them.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:19 PM   #17
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
Actually, iGear has stated several times that they are only doing the selling of the "Partner Products". They say they have nothing to do with the designing or the producing of them.
While I don't doubt they had no input on the designs.
I highly doubt, they have zero hand in the production.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:25 PM   #18
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Predaking View Post
While I don't doubt they had no input on the designs.
I highly doubt, they have zero hand in the production.
Yeah, from what my earlier post in this thread said, their definitely doing more than just selling. Everything we see, goes against what they have said about their true involvement with the PP series. The funniest thing I find is how they goto all the trouble of copying the Takara toy design, but are too scared to use actual Autobot and Decepticon symbols.

I'm curious if they'll ever try their hand at original designs, instead of copying existing figures put out by Hasbro and Takara. Like an MP Soundwave, which isn't an upscaled version of the original toy. iGear will really impress me if they accomplish something like that.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:27 AM   #19
Pascal
Banned

I don't know, I'm kinda fine with what they're doing. After all, no one is asking the dudes who are putting out all the G1 KO reissues to create new molds. For new molds, we have a few companies, for KOs, we have a few others.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #20
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

only thing i liked from Igear is the casette drone for soundwave. everything else is just blahh!
wheeljaxx is offline   Reply With Quote