Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 01-13-2021, 11:50 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images

Via*Kreemzek*Reviews on Youtube*we have our first in-hand*images of the new Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Ultra Magnus. Ultra Magnus will be released as part of Kingdom Wave 2 Leader class. This figure is a retool of the Siege Ultra Magnus mold with extensive changes in the armor and inner robot to make him closer to his G1 design in robot and alt mode. Being a remold, it retains most of the things you like or not about the original Siege Ultra Magnus. We also have comparison shots next to Netflix Optimus Prime (Earthrise redeco) and Studio Series 86 Hot Rod and » Continue Reading.

The post Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 01-13-2021, 12:02 PM   #2
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: Transformers Kingdom Leader Class Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images

Very nice! I still think the CW Ultra Magnus was a better toy, but in terms of colouring and molding, this looks a lot better than Siege UM. That headsculpt is really good.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:25 PM   #3
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
Very nice! I still think the CW Ultra Magnus was a better toy, but in terms of colouring and molding, this looks a lot better than Siege UM. That headsculpt is really good.
Very nice headsculpt. Lovely rich dark blue. Nicely but not overly detailed.

The box set version of CW Magnus had more of this kind of deeper blue... whenever I get around to redoing an 86 movie display I will end up with CW Magnus in some form, though.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #4
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

The armoured-up form looks a bit better (although there's not much difference) but the cab-robot and truck forms look worse.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:19 PM   #5
Pascal
Banned

Alt mode is still weak AF.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:40 PM   #6
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Alt mode is still weak AF.
Dislike that his trailer is basically non-functional, the blocked off rear. I don't understand his weird tight/back exhaust pipes. *shrug*

CW magnus it is!

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:13 PM   #7
Marcotron
Robot Master

So... The new Kingdom version is slightly remolded, with less painted details (not just the dirt paint). The shins are bothersome. This was clearly made by changing as little as possible. The trailer in alt mode is so stupid, it's not even worth mentioning. The truck in alt mode has some serious hands sticking out the back syndrome. For the price of this figure, you'd think they can at least swivel the hands into the forearms.
The guns, looks like they didn't include the two black guns. But that's ok, because there were only so many weird places those guns could go anyways.
The Siege version stands as the only toy I have ever returned to the store for being so bad, and barely holding together. I wonder if they fixed the peg for his shoulder missiles that were so floppy (upon closer inspection, they remolded the missiles, so maybe?). The forearm covers never held together for me. There was nothing cool or fun about this figure.
The face looks weird now.
The only positive change I can see is the shoulder stacks are thicker, but are hollow so it just looks tacky. I recall from the Siege version, the shoulder things didn't stay on very well.
Maybe they improved some things about this figure, but it's sortof two steps forward and two steps back and you end up with the same pile.

CW version will be sticking around for a while. At least it can swivel when in alt mode while pulling the trailer, and could be used as a useful car carrier, and transforms in such a way that reminds me of the G1 transformation.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:36 PM   #8
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Dislike that his trailer is basically non-functional, the blocked off rear. I don't understand his weird tight/back exhaust pipes. *shrug*

CW magnus it is!
This. I especially hate how the feet stick out at the back at that weird pre-tilted angle.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:38 PM   #9
cr3d1t
Beast Machine

I like Siege Ultra Magnus, and I really like the Kingdom bot mode retooling. But the "earth mode" truck is really disappointing. I understand Hasbro surely has budget constraints (A G1-style trailer would've required a whole new figure be designed) but man I was hoping for something a lot better. I might get him if I find a good sale.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:29 PM   #10
PrimalEnvy
Reverse Corte

I think the Siege version looks better in pretty much every way, although I do really like Siege Ultra Magnus anyways.