Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-09-2021, 06:40 PM   #11
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Re: Concering Delays With EBgames.ca Preorders

I spoke to my EB Games before the lockdown about preorders. They told me my preorders should be available in store once they reopen, this is what happened with the previous lockdown.
Old 01-09-2021, 06:40 PM   #12
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraculous Galvatron View Post
Hey Guys,

So I pre-ordered some Kingdom figures from ebgames.ca back in September. The figures are Cyclonus, Primal and Megatron (beast). I've seen a few other board members receive their pre-orders (with the exception of megs), although at checkout I had chosen to have my pre-orders shipped to my local store (Fairview Mall in Toronto).

I was made aware that the store that I pre-ordered to pick the figures up from, is temporarily closed due to the pandemic (as to my knowledge).
I do not know if I should cancel these pre-orders with ebgames.ca and take a chance grabbing these figures elsewhere or wait and see what happens.

I wanted to ask you guys if anyone has the same issue, and how ebgames deals with these sorts of issues, customer service wise. I've never had an issue before, although I emailed them about a few days ago and have heard no response whatsoever from them.

Has anyone run into a similar issue with them?
I preorder a lot of stuff from them. My local store shut down back in March, reopened then closed forever before the holidays so I can give you an idea how the preorders worked in my cases.

When a preorder is done at the STORE, the preorder is tied to the STORE. When my local store closed, they had to manually print all the preorders, take the slips to another store, and manually enter them in as NEW preorders. This meant that anything no longer available for preorder (either sold out or too close to release) couldn't be entered in the system. I lost my Shattered Glass Prime, Maverick, Gigawatt, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker preorders that way. They were great and contacted the warehouse to request those items to fill my preorders and they did get me a Gigawatt and Maverick shipped for me but they did that outside the normal computer system.

Also in March, I had tried to transfer a couple store game preorders to the website thinking they were all one system and easy to swap over (at this time they had not posted any COVID pickup policies or anything). WRONG! I was told I would have to either trust the store would eventually reopen or re-order online and cancel my preorder at the store once it reopened. This is what I ended up doing, though I will say, the store DID receive my preorders a couple weeks after reopening. They had not been receiving any stock while closed but it seems the warehouse HAD been setting shipments up and holding them rather than just selling everything off through the website.

Neither is exactly your situation but maybe this info is of value to someone.

One other thing, my store was closed to the public but the manager was still there most days. Maybe you could call the store? Someone might answer and give you better info than the web chat people.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:56 PM   #13
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I preordered Cyclonus with Grimlock, and in a seperate order the small Prime with Warpath.

Both orders were placed online, but for in-store pickup from my local mall EB.

I've since picked up Cyclonus and Warpath at Wally, so my plan is that when they reopen I'll ask to cancel the 1 figure from each order and use the deposit toward the other figure (so cancel Cyclonus, get Grimlock and cancel Warpath, get tiny Prime).
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:35 PM   #14
Miraculous Galvatron
Omnious Combiner
Miraculous Galvatron's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post
I preorder a lot of stuff from them. My local store shut down back in March, reopened then closed forever before the holidays so I can give you an idea how the preorders worked in my cases.

When a preorder is done at the STORE, the preorder is tied to the STORE. When my local store closed, they had to manually print all the preorders, take the slips to another store, and manually enter them in as NEW preorders. This meant that anything no longer available for preorder (either sold out or too close to release) couldn't be entered in the system. I lost my Shattered Glass Prime, Maverick, Gigawatt, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker preorders that way. They were great and contacted the warehouse to request those items to fill my preorders and they did get me a Gigawatt and Maverick shipped for me but they did that outside the normal computer system.

Also in March, I had tried to transfer a couple store game preorders to the website thinking they were all one system and easy to swap over (at this time they had not posted any COVID pickup policies or anything). WRONG! I was told I would have to either trust the store would eventually reopen or re-order online and cancel my preorder at the store once it reopened. This is what I ended up doing, though I will say, the store DID receive my preorders a couple weeks after reopening. They had not been receiving any stock while closed but it seems the warehouse HAD been setting shipments up and holding them rather than just selling everything off through the website.

Neither is exactly your situation but maybe this info is of value to someone.

One other thing, my store was closed to the public but the manager was still there most days. Maybe you could call the store? Someone might answer and give you better info than the web chat people.
Thanks for the info! I rarely order from EBgames in terms of action figures, so wasn't certain about their policies etc. Nevertheless how good their customer service is. I will wait for CS to email me back, and hold on for the time being. Will also keep my eyes posted at WM when I go, just for a backup.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72077

eBay Sales Link:
https://www.ebay.ca/sch/782connie/m....customid=CAPB2
Miraculous Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote