Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-27-2021, 10:03 AM   #181
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: I just transformed...

Studio Series Dropkick Car version because Bumblebee was on TV.
With Studio Series Shatter the airplane version, they are a good pair, the better versions of these two characters. I didn't care for the helicopter Dropkick, or the car Shatter, just based on video reviews.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:49 AM   #182
Powered Convoy

Netflix Nemesis Prime because he arrived from Amazon

I'm not a fan of the Optimus Prime Siege mold (too much kibble - I prefer Earthrise), but somehow it works for me as Nemesis in both modes. The Earthrise trailer and POTP accessories really add to the set and don't seem cobbled together, although it took me a while to figure out what the black modelling clay was all about
The neck joint on mine is very loose; maybe due to the numerous reuses of this mold.

Lots of fun with this one! I've got some IKEA Detolfs to build, and he should display nicely within one.
Powered Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:33 PM   #183
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Kingdom Inferno on Thursday night, back to alt mode

This the best G1 Inferno for me for sure, makes a questionable design really dynamic and cool (which I figured would be impossible) - ER Grapple was good too, but the weird thing going with his eyes was a slight detractor for me (and of course the peg breakage, which I avoided by never fully completing his conversion); grapple claw was cool tho, way better gimmick than Inferno's ladder
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 10:28 PM   #184
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

Went to Toy Traders today and found Generations Dreadwing (stealth bomber mode) Love this mold. Love the colours. I originally did not buy this fig when it first came out because I had the Megs mold and did not want a redeco, but I've been re-reading the original IDW TF comic series, saw Dreadwing in this mold, and when I saw him in the baggy section at Toy Traders I thought, yeah, I gotta have him, and for $15 complete, I had to get'em. I love how the wings become the arm cannon and just a sleek bot mode with no kibble. His head sculpt is really cool too.
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 05:10 PM   #185
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powered Convoy View Post
Netflix Nemesis Prime because he arrived from Amazon

I'm not a fan of the Optimus Prime Siege mold (too much kibble - I prefer Earthrise), but somehow it works for me as Nemesis in both modes. The Earthrise trailer and POTP accessories really add to the set and don't seem cobbled together, although it took me a while to figure out what the black modelling clay was all about
The neck joint on mine is very loose; maybe due to the numerous reuses of this mold.

Lots of fun with this one! I've got some IKEA Detolfs to build, and he should display nicely within one.
Slap a BTS Toy trailer on that bad boy, if you’re into trailers. I did that for both the Siege and the Nemesis versions, regular for Prime and black for the Nemesis, the peg from Siege Soundwave’s one gun that can come out fits perfectly to hitch the trailer or angle the trailer’s hitch on the blast effect nubs on his legs. Totally sweetens them up and I think the designers knew what they were doing!

Transformered colliding Fangry from bot to Beast, other than the known knee issue he’s good. Compared the titan master head with it, the titan master head has a crisper sculpt than this one and the pink is just a shade different plus black vs pink arms.

Also transformed Kingdom Cyclonus from packaged bot to spaceship. Pretty cool transformation and literally twice the size of my Henkei Cyclonus minus 5g without weapons. Bought him a while ago when they were $30 so at $5 more than I paid for Henkei Cyclonus back in day I feel it’s great value against inflation.

My one critique is the size of his mellon, is it me or does he have a larger head than the other Siege, Earthrise and Kingdom voyagers? 3P get on the downgrade kit train! I want to Bettlejuice his head! Pairs okay with my Mania King in height but looks chunkier.

I feel like he’s beefy for the sake of being beefy, not that it’s bad but compared to other voyagers across these lines, (here’s to you Grapple/Inferno) he got more at their expense. On the flip side Henkei’s Nightstick fits very well in proportion to Kingdom Cyclonus and classes him up a bit ��

Last edited by The 12th Prime; 08-14-2021 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Clarity
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 07:18 PM   #186
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Earthrise Sky Lynx.

OMG why did I not know that he was so much fun? Shuttle, cat, space station, space dragon - FLAMES.
I mean, I KNEW what Sky Lynx was, but the amount of fun packed in was a surprise. Mostly worth the $130.

Not the hard part: how to display him on the shelf... Space Dragon, probably, but that takes up more room than I really had anticipated.
Unrelated, but... Is Siege Jetfire this much fun?
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 07:53 PM   #187
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
Earthrise Sky Lynx.

OMG why did I not know that he was so much fun? Shuttle, cat, space station, space dragon - FLAMES.
I mean, I KNEW what Sky Lynx was, but the amount of fun packed in was a surprise. Mostly worth the $130.

Not the hard part: how to display him on the shelf... Space Dragon, probably, but that takes up more room than I really had anticipated.
Unrelated, but... Is Siege Jetfire this much fun?
I think so.
He's big.
Nice jet mode.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:03 AM   #188
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

The Botropolis Rescue Mission 6-Pack and Kingdom Inferno.

I got the Siege Ironworks & Generations Selects Hot House, but haven't opened them yet. The same characters in the Botropolis set have a great matching colour scheme & my 5 year old luvs the space base. Now to eventually open up Sky Lynx to match with it.

Kingdom Inferno is also immense fun.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 11:17 AM   #189
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
Earthrise Sky Lynx.

In all honesty, I can say that I am glad Hasbro's Skylynx is good enough for me versus some 3rd party ones. I mean, I like the 3rd party ones and heavily considered getting one, but the Hasbro one...honestly it made my decision to not buy the 3P easier. I think this is one of their better figures as far as larger scale figures go. I'm fairly disappointed with most of the Titan class figures. Scorpy I dont mind but Metro, Fort Max and even Trypticon...maybe less so on trypticon. The other 2 I have been contemplating selling and my interest in the Ark is low.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 02:12 PM   #190
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Botropolis Rescue Mission 6-Pack
The same characters in the Botropolis set have a great matching colour scheme & my 5 year old luvs the space base
Pro tip, take the 2nd ramp panel that supposed to peg on (space Ironworks)'s back, attach it bottom of the 1st one (or leave it off), and attach the top portion of the (Doubledealer's) big rocket to his back

BOOM he's an astro man, and it matches his deco with a big red autobot symbol
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote