Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-24-2021, 05:00 PM   #171
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: SKUS for TRU Rainchecks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Anyone have the SKUs for SS86 Deluxes and other categories of figures seen on shelves at TRU?

Added the 86 deluxes, it's too bad they dint have a general sku. The positive thing about that though is that you'll know exactly which toy is in stock.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:43 PM   #172
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

I put SS86 SKUs in this SKU thread yesterday and somehow they moved threads but I see you have updated the main post now. Thumbs-up
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 11:05 AM   #173
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

The SKU for SS Grimlock is different from the subsequent releases like Slag. 265915.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:16 AM   #174
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
The SKU for SS Grimlock is different from the subsequent releases like Slag. 265915.
thanks
Old 09-21-2021, 02:04 PM   #175
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

T-Wrecks is 507161.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:44 PM   #176
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
T-Wrecks is 507161.
thanks!
Old 05-10-2022, 12:21 AM   #177
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Hey all, just wanted to say that while you might have all guessed, I personally won't keep updating this thread, well the first post.
The toy buying landscape in Canada has changed vastly since this was started. TRU used to be a collector haven and now it's fallen down the ranks to last place on most collectors' minds.
The point of having a SKU was to make it easier to find out new toy in stores (or by calling them) and getting rainchecks if the toy was not there.

But since then, TRU removed their price match policy, and rainchecks are no longer a thing we need since:
- They are the most expensive retailer, so discounts are not as enticing. Gamestop's standard constant Edge discount is the same or better than waiting for a discount from TRU.
- Their stock is not what it used to be, Walmart and EB Games get toys before them.

You guys are free to use this thread if you wish, and keep jotting down SKUs, but I've personally given up on TRU as a main option.
Old 05-10-2022, 12:36 AM   #178
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Hey all, just wanted to say that while you might have all guessed, I personally won't keep updating this thread, well the first post.
The toy buying landscape in Canada has changed vastly since this was started. TRU used to be a collector haven and now it's fallen down the ranks to last place on most collectors' minds.
The point of having a SKU was to make it easier to find out new toy in stores (or by calling them) and getting rainchecks if the toy was not there.

But since then, TRU removed their price match policy, and rainchecks are no longer a thing we need since:
- They are the most expensive retailer, so discounts are not as enticing. Gamestop's standard constant Edge discount is the same or better than waiting for a discount from TRU.
- Their stock is not what it used to be, Walmart and EB Games get toys before them.

You guys are free to use this thread if you wish, and keep jotting down SKUs, but I've personally given up on TRU as a main option.
Thanks for all your efforts in updating this over the years. Agreed with your points about TRU, I save so much time and gas going straight home now instead of popping in their stores
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:45 AM   #179
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
Thanks for all your efforts in updating this over the years. Agreed with your points about TRU, I save so much time and gas going straight home now instead of popping in their stores
Totally agree, big thank you MapleMegatron! You have saved me and for sure many other Board members much money over the last 5+ years of maintaining this thread.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:26 AM   #180
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Thanks for all the good work over the years MapleMegatron.

I think most collectors on the boards fell the same way as you do. Its quite a shame, as most of us would prefer to support a Canadian Retailer, but since the new owner, things really have taken a turn for the worst.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote