Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-09-2021, 11:30 AM   #21
delrue
Crossover
Re: 15 cent bruticus on amazon.com

What in the fuck are any of you talking about? Lots of people here believing the bullshit their bosses have been telling them I see.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:04 PM   #22
Janitor
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Scamming Amazon for someone else's scam doesn't quite seem right.

At the same time, people need to call out these scams by such method through Amazon so that the scammy sellers can be handled so that people who may be less aware won't be scammed.
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM EGG SCAM BACON AND SCAM

Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 02:07 PM   #23
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM EGG SCAM BACON AND SCAM

SPAM is delicious.

www.walmart.ca/en/ip/6000196154709
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 04:18 PM   #24
Marcotron
Robot Master

I saw this on one of the facebook transformers groups.
Had it been through Amazon Canada, I maybe would have checked it out. But since it was from Amazon USA, that 12 cents would have cost at least a buck and a half up here, after conversion and service charges, let alone customs and border tax on the full value of the item.

Let us know if you actually get your KO Bruticus though.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:45 PM   #25
Grayfox
Crossover

Why not just alert Amazon that this seller is undoubtedly a scammer so they can take action? Wouldn't that be the easiest and right thing to do?

That way, scammer doesn't get people's information and in return no grey area methods need to be used (like scamming amazon in return).

Just my 2 cents..
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 01:22 PM   #26
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Ordered 1.
This is what I got from Amazon.

Because shipment of this order has not yet been confirmed by the seller, your credit card has not been charged and we are not able to provide you with shipment detail
So no issues.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 03:52 PM   #27
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
Ordered 1.
This is what I got from Amazon.

Because shipment of this order has not yet been confirmed by the seller, your credit card has not been charged and we are not able to provide you with shipment detail
So no issues.
Same for me.

I've done some checking about Amazon's practices for payments, and credit cards, info, etc. and from what I found, the most a seller could get in your name and address to mail the item (duh...).

Amazon is basically a proxy between you and the sellers, and uses a "split" approach to lock the crebit card in two different encrypted servers with each having only half the info and using a reference identifier, they will ping the credit card provider to ensure that it's valid, not reported stolen (or lost, etc.), and then will push the payment through as required.

So amazon is the only one that charges you, adds the seller's info/identifier (for your reference on your monthly bill), and (from the "other side") then will pay the seller via their own account/set-up with Amazon. So the seller never sees any info from your payment, they just get a payment from Amazon with the purchase info (invoice).

Any "hacks" or such, appears to be more about user errors, mistake, someone trying to circumvent Amazon (paying the seller directly for a "special deal"), viruses and such on the buyer's side, etc.

Don't know if anyone has better/different information (that they can confirmed as official), but from what I found, there doesn't seem to be much if any risk here.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 07-12-2021 at 03:55 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 03:56 PM   #28
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Same for me.

I've done some checking about Amazon's practices for payments, and credit cards, info, etc. and from what I found, the most a seller could get in your name and address to mail the item (duh...).

Amazon is basically a proxy between you and the sellers, and uses a "split" approach to lock the crebit card in two different encrypted servers with each having only half the info and using a reference identifier, they will ping the credit card provider to ensure that it's valid, not reported stolen (or lost, etc.), and then will push the payment through as required.

So amazon is the only one that charges you, adds the seller's info/identifier (for your reference on your monthly bill), and (from the "other side") then will pay the seller via their own account/set-up with Amazon. So the seller never sees any info from your payment, they just get a payment from Amazon with the purchase info (invoice).

Any "hacks" or such, appears to be more about user errors, mistake, someone trying to circumvent Amazon (paying the seller directly for a "special deal"), viruses and such on the buyer's side, etc.

Don't know if anyone has better/different information (that they can confirmed as official), but from what I found, there doesn't seem to be much if any risk here.
Probably harmless to try, but then again you never know what new scam/program these people have come up with that Amazon, et al, are not expecting.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 04:39 PM   #29
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Probably harmless to try, but then again you never know what new scam/program these people have come up with that Amazon, et al, are not expecting.
Considering that most "hacks" aren't "hacks" but phishing, so people clicking on bogus links in emails and such...

I got my card's info stolen last year from most probably (almost certain) something my wife used it for, which was an annoyance in many ways (and she's been bared from doing that sort of thing ever again), it was a case that she wasn't careful and shouldn't have done as such (and didn't check with me).

Short version, it was something that appeared authentic (a site, and not from an email phishing thing) and sadly, it was BS. Funny thing is that my credit card did reach the "company" that tried to deny all this, and it resulted in them being bared in the credit card's database as this wasn't the first "warning" the credit card found in regards to this particular company.

Anyways, all this to say that I agree that there's always something new that the scammers will come up with, but at the very least, it comes down to just making sure that any businesses that isn't a major one, you should really check first before giving in any money. I tend to always check any small business for reviews, and confirmations that they are legitimate, and usually if they are using Paypal or such that offers an extra "safety" cushion.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:04 PM   #30
delrue
Crossover

delrue is offline   Reply With Quote