Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Haslab Titan class toy?
Hell yes, sign up right now!!! 5 8.47%
Yes, with lots of extras ($350 price) 6 10.17%
Yes ($250-$300 price range) and some extras 11 18.64%
Yes, but no more than $200. 7 11.86%
Yes but only at general retail price 17 28.81%
Hell no!! Never going to happen. 13 22.03%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2021, 05:36 PM   #11
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Poll: Would you buy a Haslab Titan Class toy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Agreed with above, titan pricing too insane now

I mean, they were insane before @ $230 CAD
But now they $250 CAD "just because" like the other price increases in Siege?

*in b4 the figs are better & price is justified*
Yeah I bet
In the meantime, when the best "sale price" you can get on these things is $200?

I'm living in a world where "I shouldn't have passed on sale for two hundy" for a f*ckin toy
Now I'm hunting aftermarket for Omega & Scorp, and 3rd party sellers on Amazon are pffffffffffffftt

Plus now that BlackZarak is probably maybe happening? Well f*ck, I guess I should have signed up for one of those GrandMax's, maybe we would have hit the 3K for Waverider
Scorponok is a fantastic toy. But he's not x dollars better than fort max or trypticon. I never handled omega but he really looked just ok (YMMV).

And remember. Scorp has: no stickers and no electronics.

Scorp is AWESOME. No question. But nothing in WFC on any class size is demonstrably or even discernably "better." Aesthetically more to taste for a big portion of the fandom. But nah.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:47 PM   #12
Darkroar
Generation 2
Darkroar's Ebay Auctions

Never say never, but I voted no.

It's just not the direction I'm going with collecting. Lately I'm feeling that "less is more". I've been slowly downsizing my collection in size (but quantity and physical space). I'm still interested in collecting, but a more refined collection that focuses on what I really enjoy.

I find large figures are generally hard to handle and use up a ton of space and that's not where my collection is going right now. The plus side is they look imposing.

Also in the case of titan-class figures who is left that needs this treatment? They've gotten the main big guys done already. It looks like they are making a transforming ark this year; I think they ran out of established characters for big guys. Maybe they can redo some of the big guys when toy technology takes a leap forward, but for now the titans they released are good enough.

It may be good for someone else, but it's not for me right now.

I was very close to ordering Unicron, but in the end because of my downsizing trend I passed. Looking at the pics of him; I'm kind of glad I did - he's just too big for my collection. For those who do like it, though, I really hope they enjoy it.
Darkroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 06:01 PM   #13
AutoBerserk
Generation 1

If it is g1 accurate metroplex, omega supreme, fortress maximus or combiners made of voyager class limbs/ leader class torso, then yes.
AutoBerserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:46 AM   #14
imfallenangel
Cybertron

I agree that the pricing has gone overboard...

I have 2 Titans:

One being Omega that I do love and probably what I consider the best Titan Hasbro has made, but after seeing 3rd parties versions, I have to say that I kinda wish that I would have had the chance to have one of those, if only to see it in hand and might have gone with them instead. Why? The transparent claws are a bad choice, the wings don't hold on mine, and the design, while quite nice looking, should have been better and the tank be smaller.

My other is Fortress Max. that I do love the giant spaceship mode but that the legs and other parts being reused from Metroplex BUT cannot even be used properly (you cannot open the legs into base mode properly) which is a complete waste.

I had Tripticon for about 30 minutes as he broke as I was taking him out of the box and was returned for refund right away.

But all of them were easily over the 200$ mark with taxes, and all with not really any accessories, very little paint or anything really. They are simply quite overpriced... hell, some parts being part of a platter ends up the wrong colour and painted over... the cutting corners thing really shows a lot more with more and more figures.

The upcoming Ark would have been great as a cheaper approach as a play set of sort instead of turning into a robot... so I'm not sold at all, but open to it once we get to see it.

Trouble is, now that Hasbro knows that it can push prices higher and higher thanks to the Unicron thing, I don't expect a fair price being possible with each passing year.

Hell, when we have "fans" arguing about wanting to pay even more money for figures so that Hasbro can make them "as they should be" instead of asking for better quality at the present price, considering how much all classes have increased in the last few years.

These fans are feeding Hasbro with what they want (to go ahead and increase prices), so no real reason for them to do that much better as so many just eat whatever Hasbro feeds them...

These "fans" are going to kill the hobby as at some point, as more and more people are just quitting and moving on.

So back to the question: would I buy another? it really does depends on what it is, if the price is justifiable... right now, it would have to seriously impress the hell out of me.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:53 AM   #15
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Maybe at retail price on sale if it's a character I want.

As many expressed here already, space issues and all of the big guys are already made.

Real estate prices going up everywhere and it's already bonkers in downtown Toronto. One has to factor in the $1,000 per square foot of space this additional fancy expensive Haslab figure would occupy.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:52 AM   #16
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
I agree that the pricing has gone overboard...

I have 2 Titans:

One being Omega that I do love and probably what I consider the best Titan Hasbro has made, but after seeing 3rd parties versions, I have to say that I kinda wish that I would have had the chance to have one of those, if only to see it in hand and might have gone with them instead. Why? The transparent claws are a bad choice, the wings don't hold on mine, and the design, while quite nice looking, should have been better and the tank be smaller.

My other is Fortress Max. that I do love the giant spaceship mode but that the legs and other parts being reused from Metroplex BUT cannot even be used properly (you cannot open the legs into base mode properly) which is a complete waste.

I had Tripticon for about 30 minutes as he broke as I was taking him out of the box and was returned for refund right away.

But all of them were easily over the 200$ mark with taxes, and all with not really any accessories, very little paint or anything really. They are simply quite overpriced... hell, some parts being part of a platter ends up the wrong colour and painted over... the cutting corners thing really shows a lot more with more and more figures.

The upcoming Ark would have been great as a cheaper approach as a play set of sort instead of turning into a robot... so I'm not sold at all, but open to it once we get to see it.

Trouble is, now that Hasbro knows that it can push prices higher and higher thanks to the Unicron thing, I don't expect a fair price being possible with each passing year.

Hell, when we have "fans" arguing about wanting to pay even more money for figures so that Hasbro can make them "as they should be" instead of asking for better quality at the present price, considering how much all classes have increased in the last few years.

These fans are feeding Hasbro with what they want (to go ahead and increase prices), so no real reason for them to do that much better as so many just eat whatever Hasbro feeds them...

These "fans" are going to kill the hobby as at some point, as more and more people are just quitting and moving on.

So back to the question: would I buy another? it really does depends on what it is, if the price is justifiable... right now, it would have to seriously impress the hell out of me.

The ark does nothing for me. I can see the appeal, of course. But the titan class to this point is still toys or characters we have connections to. $250 for a spaceship with a random robot mode is not gonna do it for me.

I think it will be curious if/when transformers movies come out again, what the toy sales are like. Whether I hate the bayformers movies or not (and I do) is irrelevant. They gave transformers the highest profile they had ever had and cemented them as pop culture fabric. And the movie toylines probably are why we could get generations and more fan oriented stuff.

Will it happen again?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:57 AM   #17
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Actually, Unicron shows the limits to the prices that the fans are willing to accept. The original crowd-funding campaign failed, remember.
Old 02-08-2021, 05:21 AM   #18
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Lots of negativity. which I can understand. I think I am probably a yes. But I wonder what’s left?

I think it’d be cool if they did TF Animated Omega Supreme/Ark. but let’s face it. TF Animated wouldn’t get enough support to pass the goals...

Now that they did the core city bots, I’m kind of happy if they retire it as a size class
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 08:29 AM   #19
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Actually, Unicron shows the limits to the prices that the fans are willing to accept. The original crowd-funding campaign failed, remember.
Hasbro really wanted to push Unicron ahead, that's for sure. While I did buy into it and am very excited to get Unicron in a couple of months, I feel like this is a 1 off for me, for acceptability of the price. I already thought the Titans class figures were overpriced, much like the MP movie bots and any I did buy was on sale.
I mean, Fort Max is garbage, Metroplex is garbage, and really, is the engineering on Omega, Scorponok and Trypticon really anything special? Metroplex, Fort Max and Trypticon just essentially sit down, Omega I guess kind of as well but his arms come off. Scorponok has a few more steps than just sitting down...I'm not expecting crazyass transformations on these giants, but they are essentially basic figures for almost 300 cad when personally I don't think they are worth more than 100.00. I don't think Marvel Legends or Star Wars Black 6" are worth 40.00. As much as I love Beast Wars and the MP line is nailing them...they shouldn't cost that much either...but because I love the figures, yeah, I am going to pay the price and just not buy other mainstream items. I mean, realistically if they made MP Inferno and MP Silverbolt (Beast Wars still) i'd be good with those 2 and be done with it. Silverbolt for Blackarachnia and Inferno because the Royalty Commands It.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:15 AM   #20
justprime
Animated

well I have supported hasbro line of TVs up untill the last movie and the new cybertron toys ......
like others here I have given up on the majority of figures due to RIDICULOUS HIGH COST ,the hollows and backpackitis syndrome , I. did not support unicron finding the zeta core star far superior in bot mode and for me third party has definatly picked up the ball in the area of producing figures that are accurate and that hasbro will never make that said I will probably buy the Ark only to fill a hole unless a third party tackles it ..
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote