Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
Jeepmanhastj
Beasty
The 'transforming' apartment

worth a look

http://youtu.be/Lg9qnWg9kak
Jeepmanhastj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
pud333
Animated
Re: The 'transforming' apartment

I remember this. I saw this on HGTV a few months back. Very cool and innovative. Before I bought my condo, I used to live in a 330 sq ft bachelor pad for a few years, paying a small amount of rent. It's the only way I could save enough to buy a condo. The thing I learned about living in such a small space, is that you need to keep things super neat and tidy. Dropping one's clothes on the ground or not doing dishes soon piles up and it becomes unlivable. Clutter is your enemy. Which is why I guess I keep my toy room so clean and organized.

The advantage to living in such a small space, is that when you inevitibly move up to a bigger space, it's easier. For example, I moved from my 330 sq ft. to my 700 sq ft. condo. 700 sq ft isn't much, but coming from 330, it was like a palace to me when I first moved in. The problem people in Vancouver face is space, so when you're used to renting 1,000 sq ft, it's hard to find a condo of similar size that you can afford. Which is why people always say they can't buy cause they need so much space. No you don't. A lot of that space is used up by a long hallway that serves no real purpose. After all, do you sit in your hallway or eat in it? No. You walk through. When I bought, I sacrificed that space for efficiency, which kept my overall condo budget down. In my Condo, you can see everything from any room in the place, even the balcony. No unnecessary hallways. Bottom line: It's easier to move up in size than it is to go down in size. (edit. To add, let's be clear, Vancouver is still hella expensive).

Last edited by pud333; 05-13-2011 at 03:56 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote