Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-22-2015, 07:04 PM   #1
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Request for some info from MP G2 Sideswipe owners

Hi all,

According to RocketPunchArmy's YouTube video* comparing a real G2 MP Sideswipe to the KO, one telltale sign on the KO (or at least on his) is that the Lambo hood ornament on the Takara one is detailed, like a tiny print of the logo... While his KO had a spot/blob and line instead.

Could anyone with a definitely genuine G2 Sideswipe check theirs and let me know which they see? My figure has no other physical markers of the KO that I can tell, but I got him effectively loose (complicated story) so I can't go by the common box printing difference to tell.

Thanks!!!

(I can't link it from my iPad, sorry - technical difficulties)
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:22 PM   #2
elburrito
Animated
Re: Request for some info from MP G2 Sideswipe owners

Got mine from Nippon-Yasan. I usually only get 1 of each toy, but this guy was the exception. I won't say how many because I am a little ashamed of myself (did sell a couple off though). Anyways, none of the hood logos on the toy are recognizable as a bull. The shield is there with a dot of gold in the centre. The lamborgini logo is on the box though.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:25 PM   #3
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
Got mine from Nippon-Yasan. I usually only get 1 of each toy, but this guy was the exception. I won't say how many because I am a little ashamed of myself (did sell a couple off though). Anyways, none of the hood logos on the toy are recognizable as a bull. The shield is there with a dot of gold in the centre. The lamborgini logo is on the box though.
Thanks!!

I was pretty hopeful as my genuine Tigertrack has the blob logo too, but that guy's video threw me off. Wonder how he got such a good logo on the one he had? Not that I want/need a good tiny logo, just a curiosity.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:36 PM   #4
elburrito
Animated

No worries. I'm surprised to hear there is a diacernable logo on some of them. I'll have to check the others now.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:40 PM   #5
bishop
Generation 2

The hole underneath the front bumper is also a good way to tell. If it clips without effort when transforming in robot mode, then it is probably genuine. My ko had be be filed a little to snuggly fit (then you would see some scuff marks).

I have seen video review comparing the underbody - they seem to be of different molds.
bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:16 PM   #6
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Hi all,

According to RocketPunchArmy's YouTube video* comparing a real G2 MP Sideswipe to the KO, one telltale sign on the KO (or at least on his) is that the Lambo hood ornament on the Takara one is detailed, like a tiny print of the logo... While his KO had a spot/blob and line instead.

Could anyone with a definitely genuine G2 Sideswipe check theirs and let me know which they see? My figure has no other physical markers of the KO that I can tell, but I got him effectively loose (complicated story) so I can't go by the common box printing difference to tell.

Thanks!!!

(I can't link it from my iPad, sorry - technical difficulties)
Best way the tell a loose MP-12 mold is a KO is to look at the sprue marks on the bottom. There is a specific pattern of the injection points.

Edit: here is a pick of my KO MP-12, 14 and 12T when I owned them. You will notice the pattern is consistent with the reference image below. Compare this pattern with any authentic MP-12 mold and you will see the difference.

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 10-23-2015 at 01:30 PM.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote