Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Items For Sale or Trade

Old 08-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
anotheran
Old skooler
FS: MISB Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock TRU Exclusive

MISB Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Toys R Us Exclusive

Price: $80 (SOLD)
Item location: Markham, ON
Prefer local pickup

PM me!

My Threads: Feedback , Sales Thread, Wanted List

My Latest Reviews: TFP RiD Vehicon, TFP RiD Knockout, TFP RiD Breakdown, MP Optimus Prime, FOC Bruticus

Last edited by anotheran; 08-21-2010 at 01:27 PM.
anotheran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
anotheran
Old skooler
Re: FS: MISB Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock TRU Exclusive

bump

My Latest Reviews: TFP RiD Vehicon, TFP RiD Knockout, TFP RiD Breakdown, MP Optimus Prime, FOC Bruticus
Old 08-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
anotheran
Old skooler

Just for everyone's information, I picked it up this week at Sherway along with my other MP grimlock. So i got it for $69.99 + Ontario tax (13%) = $79.09. I rounded up for my gas ($0.91 for gas is like less than a liter) to meet up with you.

I'm doing this as a service to anyone on the North East side of TO still looking for a grimmy on the boards.

I heard there's more MP Grimlocks at Sherway yesterday so you're free to drive over to get one. Your gas.

For those of you in AB, yeah, we in ON are not as lucky as you. We have 13% tax.

Last edited by anotheran; 08-20-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
Deemar
Banned

Right but I have to let you know that it's illegal for you to charge tax on goods unless you have a tax ID number and are selling as a registered business. Therefore you're charging higher than retail value for the goods in question.

Not my concern, I just wanted to mention it in case you didn't know and didn't want to get in trouble.
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
anotheran
Old skooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemar View Post
Right but I have to let you know that it's illegal for you to charge tax on goods unless you have a tax ID number and are selling as a registered business. Therefore you're charging higher than retail value for the goods in question.

Not my concern, I just wanted to mention it in case you didn't know and didn't want to get in trouble.
I'm charging what I got it for. Pretty simple. This is like a garage sale, I don't have many things to sell cuz I'm not out to make money.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
Uberman
Energon

Quote:

I'm as much against scalpers as the next dude, but this seems a little straw-graspey.

Good luck selling Grimlock [I mean that non-sarcastically]. We need more sales like this, straight returns for cost.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
j3tang
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberman View Post
I'm as much against scalpers as the next dude, but this seems a little straw-graspey.

Good luck selling Grimlock [I mean that non-sarcastically]. We need more sales like this, straight returns for cost.
not to hijack as it seems the one the OP is selling is already pending, but I've got one for sale as well. I traded one to a boardie in BC. It sounds to me that these are much harder to get in BC.

Want List: ...

Last edited by j3tang; 08-20-2010 at 04:32 PM.
j3tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #8
Icetron

Quote:

How is that charging tax for his goods? He's just asking for WHAT HE PAID. Also this is not a sale from a business in the first place.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #9
Whatigot
Banned

Quote:

so if this were you, trying to do a favour for fellow collectors you would just eat the tax and pass on the savings?...

I don't think you've thoroughly thought this through....

sorry for the off topic, couldn't resist.
Whatigot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #10
CyberMnky
Animated

That's retail price price.. Not sure where the scalping coments are coming from? Good on you for helping out fellow collectors man.
And Deemar - he's not charging tax, he's charging a price that happens to equal the retail price plus taxes (plus 91 cents)

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote