Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-21-2021, 01:47 PM   #1
Bluewolf77
Generation 2
Transformers in your Collection that you don't Transform

To all My follow TF collector out there is the multi verse I have a question for you(it may have been ask before but here going) Is there any figures in your collection that you do not transform for any reasons(fear of breakage, age, complexity of the transformation or the alt mode stinks)?
Bluewolf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:50 PM   #2
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Collection Question

Practically planning for it in case of Netflix Cheetor

Got a used Kingdom version, broke in two places
Got a 2nd copy new, know how to be more careful now - got it in cat mode w/o breaking anything, figure I'll leave it there and have NF Cheetus be the "bot mode" version

Complexity wouldn't put me off, but fear of breakage would - converted my ER Prowl to alt mode once and back, now has a stressmark on one of his clear-plastic knees - so probably won't do that again!
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:54 PM   #3
anotheran
Old skooler

MP Megatron (first version)

My Threads: Feedback , Sales Thread, Wanted List

My Latest Reviews: TFP RiD Vehicon, TFP RiD Knockout, TFP RiD Breakdown, MP Optimus Prime, FOC Bruticus
anotheran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:55 PM   #4
BeeTrain
Beasty

Beast Machines Ultra Class Jetstorm. Poor boy has a case of blue metal paint dandruff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jetstorm.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	48965
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:55 PM   #5
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Practically planning for it in case of Netflix Cheetor

Got a used Kingdom version, broke in two places
Got a 2nd copy new, know how to be more careful now - got it in cat mode w/o breaking anything, figure I'll leave it there and have NF Cheetus be the "bot mode" version

Complexity wouldn't put me off, but fear of breakage would - converted my ER Prowl to alt mode once and back, now has a stressmark on one of his clear-plastic knees - so probably won't do that again!
That tiny little tab behind his beast mode head, if what I'm thinking. Didn't last one transform.

It doesn't matter, I don't think it's noticeable either way, but yikes.

Blackarachnia's spider legs seem prone to snapping at a breeze.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:07 PM   #6
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
MP Megatron (first version)

Same here!!
I glued mine into gun mode.
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:08 PM   #7
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

All of them. Once they hit robot mode they never change again.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:08 PM   #8
Robbler
Machine War

Kingdom Megatron.

His left arm has a panel with this annoying rubber piece and trying to fold it properly is cumbersome. Mine has stress marks from trying to get it back in place from dino mode, so now I just leave it in robot mode.
Robbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:30 PM   #9
Bluewolf77
Generation 2

I might as well chime in on this thread since I started it I keep most of mine in their alt modes but a few, Titans returns Ultra Magus is in bot form due to size heck most of the leader class stays in bot mode to save on space.
Bluewolf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:50 PM   #10
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
That tiny little tab behind his beast mode head, if what I'm thinking. Didn't last one transform.

It doesn't matter, I don't think it's noticeable either way, but yikes.

Blackarachnia's spider legs seem prone to snapping at a breeze.

That's exactly where mine broke too. It was on the very first transformation right out of the box. Seems like the arm that the cat head is on hinges upward at a bad angle, so combined with how tight it is getting the head dislodged from his robot chest it's very difficult to avoid clipping the top of the cavity (under his robot neck) and shearing that tab off. You are right that it's not noticeable. And the head stays in place well enough in beast mode because there's enough friction.

Regardless he and Blackarachnia are probably not getting transformed out of robot mode any time soon (Besides her spider legs, there's a tab on the underside of BA's boobs to pin them to her torso that's apparently extremely prone to snapping off in transformation.

I also don't transform my BW Kingdom Megatron much because of how stiff the double-hinged setup for his hips is. Every time I did it (about twice back and forth) I was terrified I was going to just rip a leg clean off with how much force it took to unseat them.

Other than that for me there are really only a few candidates for not transforming (other than the fact that it's easier to display most of them in robot mode because they take up less space):

TR/Retro Mindwipe: all the horror stories about the soft bits that make up his bat wings cracking and separating at the hinges means I'll likely never touch them again

Siege Ironhide: for whatever reason the "turntable" bit to rotate his chest and arms around for transformation really sticks and only dislodges with a loud, very cinge-inducing "snap" sound. I don't think it's actually breaking anything but chances are I won't risk it too often. (Ratchet doesn't have this problem)

A few really old things I have just because of wear (my original G1 Optimus is severely beaten up from years of play when I was a kid. I don't like fiddling with most parts of his transformation because of stress.) awkward functionality (G2 Dreadwing (the stealth bomber) has hip hinges that snap into place for robot mode. No matter how you play it there's no way that they aren't eventually going to break apart from the stress of transformation) or GPS (G2 Stalker and his entirely gold plastic chest segment. He may not be a known severe sufferer, but I don't want to risk it)