Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-04-2017, 09:17 AM   #11
optimusb39
Animated
Re: Is scale really important in your collection?

^
Unless your trying for a forced perspective shot
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:24 AM   #12
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I prefer that figures from the same line to be relatively in scale with each other, but I don't lose sleep over it.
Like, I just set up a Wreckers display, and Broadside and Roadbuster should be huge, but I can live with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
I only collect chug scale figures now.. I try to get them as close as possible. If they're a class bigger or smaller its not a deal breaker for me. I go for what is the best i can have with my budget or what is available (unicron/primus). Its only when u have a bumblee that is leader class or legends optimus that really bugs me. As for combiners i just want them all roughly the same height. Thats why i skipped cw devy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79transam View Post
Yeah that was an odd choice for Devastator to be the only large combiner. I've often wondered what their reasoning was for that. On that note, have you ever seen the upgrade kit for the G1 Devastator that gives him thighs, better arm parts and a lot more articulation/height? With that mod, he nearly fits with the Combiner Wars combiners.
Actually, Devastator was made to scale against the Stunticons, and pretty much every other CW figure except the Aerialbots. Superion should probably be as big as Devastator.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:44 AM   #13
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Completely for bot mode, or as close as possible, pretty much exactly what Deception said above. I might be worse though. Scale is partly influenced by personal taste too. I can see arguments for different size classes appealing to different people. Like, for me, a leader or voyager Starscream is ridiculously too big. Deluxe is too small But, for me, least objectionable. We work with what we got and our own tastes.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:54 AM   #14
joshimus
Metroplex

kind of and not really. I have all my Legends figures with Fort Max's, Metroplex's, Trypticons, Omega etc as one big long area with a few 3P figures to fill in like War In Pocket Hulkie for Devestator and a few others. For that I kinda of dig the scale where a deluxe or voyager figure may feel too large for the set.
Other than that, I have my Autobot/Maximals and Decepticon/Predacons on opposing sides of the room on their own shelves where scale is irrelevant.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:19 AM   #15
Mega Truck
Machine War

Everyone that has a Unicron in their collection is pretty much on the side of "scale doesn't matter"
Mega Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:25 AM   #16
anotheran
Old skooler

Yes, rather have my combiners and city titans tower over other bots instead of a mix of mp and classics. But sometimes I’m stuck with either a huge leader blaster or a small laptop blaster

^ Unicorn goes with my wst collection

My Threads: Feedback , Sales Thread, Wanted List

My Latest Reviews: TFP RiD Vehicon, TFP RiD Knockout, TFP RiD Breakdown, MP Optimus Prime, FOC Bruticus
anotheran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:39 AM   #17
Mega Truck
Machine War

I keep my Unicron as far away from the MP display as possible. Other than that, I just use the TV show as my scale guideline. Guys that smaller than MP10, guys that are bigger than MP10. I don't get too picky, as long as the bots are close enough. I even display g1 Omega Supreme (on a slight set of high heels) in with the MPs.
Disregarding scale is somewhat respectful of the cartoon. The whole "Megatron becomes a pistol" thing. There's no sense to it, so I just go with it.
Mega Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:01 PM   #18
Roadhammer
Wrecker

Nah, I don't worry about scale. It's Transformers, scale was borked from day one.
Roadhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:38 PM   #19
steamwhistle
Crossover

It's hard to be a stickler for scale, when good models just are set right with others. I was hoping the TR triple changes would be close enough to match up with the MPs, but they are just a touch out. Still, Octane and Blitzwing stand with my MP seekers. I doubt I will bring myself to acquire the FT versions. They just cost too much... Individually they are okay for price, but once I buy one, I'll likely convince myself to buy... more.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:08 PM   #20
79transam
Machine War

Forced perspective shots and mismatched scale is a godsend. Really makes for some wonderful images
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote