Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #21
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker
Re: Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo 2012

Went before 9am today and actually got in and into an autograph line by 9:30. Should've done Sir PS but did not know they were preselling him until it sold out after lunch. Got all of ST:TNG for my bro except for him, so not bad. They were all $30-$40 each. Got Q and Denise Crosby too.

Found Larry Hama for GI joe but he was sketching and didn't say a peep after signing my cover.

Also met/got Adam Baldwin, Katee Sackhoff and Aaron from BSG, John Noble/Jasika Nicole from Fringe.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #22
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

After hearing stories about events like Calgary Expo and Fan Expo relating ot the crowd problems I find myself thinging that bigger isn't always better.

When I went in 2008 if I had been turned away for any reason I would have been very upset.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #23
chans formers
raff ow roud

just seen the evening news coverage on the fiasco.
i feel for the family that drove 4 hours in only to be told they're all sold out.
hopefully they learn from this for next years.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #24
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

I did their survey last year, and complained about various things that re-appeared again this year. They obviously did not read all the surveys.

Besides the horrendous layout... My biggest peeve was people lining-up in the autograph line as "hangers-on". 1 person getting an autograph and then 2-5+ people/friends hanging around. GTFO!

If they can't grow it any more, they need to pre-sell everything in advance from main tickets to pics to autos. That way you know when to stop and the Fire Marshall doesn't come knocking on Saturday morning.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 04-30-2012 at 01:47 PM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #25
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
I did their survey last year, and complained about various things that re-appeared again this year. They obviously did not read all the surveys.

Besides the horrendous layout... My biggest peeve was people lining-up in the autograph line as "hangers-on". 1 person getting an autograph and then 2-5+ people/friends hanging around. GTFO!

If they can't grow it any more, they need to pre-sell everything in advance from main tickets to pics to autos. That way you know when to stop and the Fire Marshall doesn't come knocking on Saturday morning.
I didn't see many hangers-on myself. For that matter, I really have no problem with it as waiting in lines can be boring as hell.

Were there attendance issues? Definitely, yes. But overall, I think I enjoyed the show. A number of the panels were great and the TNG Exposed event was the stuff of legends. And the volunteers did a FANTASTIC job keeping stuff moving as well as they could.

Also, board member Mumps got a ton of the voice actor panels filmed; he's gonna be posting it all online eventually.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #26
Jeem
Energon

Arggg that shut down on Sat cost me my TNG photo!!! I had ppl who were locked outside and could not get in to meet up with me. Had to refund the 500 bucks...

*so sad*

Woot woot! My own Feedback thread!: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=24846

My For Sale thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51577
Jeem is offline   Reply With Quote