Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 09-28-2021, 05:42 PM   #21
Mumps
Canadian Slag
Re: Transformers Covert Agent Ravage/Decepticons Forever Ravage 2-pack released in Ca

It's really frustrating because I went to the store and saw them behind the counter... Ugh!
Mumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:02 PM   #22
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: Transformers Covert Agent Ravage/Decepticons Forever Ravage 2-pack released in Ca

Holy crap, that price tag. I like BW Ravage, but not that much.
Old 09-28-2021, 06:13 PM   #23
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
It's really frustrating because I went to the store and saw them behind the counter... Ugh!
I know what you mean. I walked into my store today, saw 3, asked, and they said no....
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:16 PM   #24
delrue
Crossover

delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:52 PM   #25
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnimus View Post
That price is totally insane right? These exclusives and collab figures are way over priced.
Not really. This is a con exclusive. Anyone familiar with Botcon exclusives (which werent even great retools like this) are used to them. And with an edge card it's cheaper than what our fellow American friends are paying for it..

basically it's an exclusive Botcon 2 pack for $53 USD of a toy people have been asking for in ages with an interactive backdrop to recreate a Beast Wars scene. If you were never into this kind of stuff, yeah sure, kinda pricey, but that's the name of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
On the bright side, maybe they won't sell as fast then.
I think it's the kind of set that could easily go for $200 in a year's time. People aint gonna miss out on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDahBoss View Post
Supposedly Ravages weren't supposed to be sold until next month. Any on shelves will be taken down.
Can confirm, official street date is october 22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
$72.99 for what should be a $30 figure. Plus the tape, add on an extra $10.
What was that Hot Rod said when they were feeding candies to the Allicons? This is getting expensive.
tapes havent been $10 in a while and it's not like that interactive backdrop is free either. And deluxes are also no longer $30. Plus with edge, it comes out to 65.96. So at most, this toy (with edge card) is maybe $10 overpriced, which doesnt seem that bad for a con exclusive.

Would I have preferred that they release just BW Ravage in a normal box so as not to pay for all the extras stuff I don't need? Yes. But that doesn't mean the package we are getting is ridiculously overpriced ala Draculus (which is only 1 deluxe and not much of a remold).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
October 22nd is the official street date. Just went to a store and they won't sell them until then. I was able to preorder one though, so that's good.
They said I couldnt preorder in the normal way (like with a deposit) but instead they would hold them to my name until release. Still, that 3 week wait is gonna suck. Wont feel comfortable till it's in my hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Tell me about it. To make sure I was reserving the right toy, the person took it out to show me. That was some new kind of torture.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 09-29-2021 at 11:09 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:23 PM   #26
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Yeah asked at gamestop kildonan place mb and have not received yet.
So what you're saying is start looking at oct.22 at stores??
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:49 PM   #27
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
Yeah asked at gamestop kildonan place mb and have not received yet.
So what you're saying is start looking at oct.22 at stores??
Yeah but call to see if you can reserve one for then.
Old 09-29-2021, 01:27 PM   #28
Hangfest
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Not really. This is a con exclusive. Anyone familiar with Botcon exclusives (which werent even great retools like this) are used to them. And with an edge card it's cheaper than what our fellow American friends are paying for it..

basically it's an exclusive Botcon 2 pack for $53 USD of a toy people have been asking for in ages with an interactive backdrop to recreate a Beast Wars scene. If you were never into this kind of stuff, yeah sure, kinda pricey, but that's the name of the game.

Tapes havent been $10 in a while and it's not like that interactive backdrop is free either. And deluxes are also no longer $30. Plus with edge, it comes out to 65.96. So at most, this toy (with edge card) is maybe $10 overpriced, which doesnt seem that bad for a con exclusive.
Value-wise, this exclusive is a horrible price compared to last year's pit of judgement, which was a far more compelling overall package at $89.99 CAD. Not saying this isn't a great figure or that he's not something people have been wanting, he for sure is, but ultimately the price is a huge jump in comparison.

Actually, all the exclusives this year seem quite overpriced, except maybe the MODOK. Last year's Snake Supreme Cobra Commander was $39.99 CAD from EB ($29.99 US), while the Zartan this year is $62.99 CAD despite only being $36.99 USD... $7 US increase but a $23 CAD increase. There is not a $23 value increase in this Zartan over last year's CC.

Last year's Hellfire Club was an absolute steal compared to any of this year's stuff. $99.99 CAD for four figures with lots of accessories in a beautiful custom box.

Oh, they also upped the price on Ravage... the original press-release announcing it back in July had him listed at $44.99 USD.

In CAD, let's say this is a $39.99 deluxe rather than $33.99 as per current pricing, combine it with, lets say $15 for the G1 tape (even though that's closer to the price of the mainline two packs of tapes/micromasters), plus $5 for box/art, that seems more reasonable at $59.99 CAD (before any discounts like EDGE). $52.99 US/$72.99 CAD MSRP is just gross.

I also get that there are lots of distribution/shipping issues worldwide right now, combined with increasing costs on plastics and the like, but I don't know how you can argue that this pricing is in line with previous Pulsecon exclusives, because when you compare it to last year, it's not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
The places that were selling some where I am were completely sold out. And the Pulse preorder sold out. This boi is hot. And it's the kind of set that could easily go for $200 in a year's time. People aint gonna miss out on that.
They haven't gone up for order on Pulse yet. Still marked as "Coming Soon" with this listed under the product description "COMING THIS FALL AT PULSE CON 2021! MORE DETAILS TO COME. SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER TO STAY UP TO DATE!".

Also, Gamestop will have more to order through the website once Pulsecon is live (or shortly after), just like the exclusives last year. Their main distribution has inventory beyond the limited number that got sent out early to the shops. Hopefully like the previous exclusives, there'll be enough available to provide a reasonable window of opportunity to snag them.
Hangfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 03:19 PM   #29
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Yesterday, called the local EB about Ravage, said they didn’t have any and can’t preorder

Today, walked in, didn’t see any
Asked about it (to the same guy from the phone call), dude confirmed they DID get some (fast turnaround, that) but iterated the street date and says they can’t hold any

So, I’ll just have to be there morning of 22nd I guess
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 11:08 PM   #30
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangfest View Post
They haven't gone up for order on Pulse yet. Still marked as "Coming Soon" with this listed under the product description "COMING THIS FALL AT PULSE CON 2021! MORE DETAILS TO COME. SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER TO STAY UP TO DATE!".
Yeah that was my bad, I was remembering something else.

And I too would rather it be cheaper. I'll still get it though.