Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-31-2021, 09:47 PM   #11001
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

I mentioned this in the TRU thread, but if anyone here is getting a cancelled pre-order item like Kingdom Rodimus sent to the Langley store you might either have to wait for Thursday for the call or call them yourself and hope that someone at customer service can sort it out.

Apparently the store manager is the one who's handling the call-outs to customers with stuff to pick up but she's only in on Thursdays. After being told my Rodimus was supposed to arrive late last week I phoned today and had to play a big merry-go-round with the Customer Service staff for someone to be able to figure out what was going on, find the box of held aside figures (I believe the rep I talked to said there was like 4-6 Rodimus figures that are there for pickup) and leave notes for the appropriate people so that it can be put out at the Customer Service desk to pick up and pay for.

also bring your invoice from the online order because an unaware staffer might try to ring you through at the full price even if you had a coupon.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:38 PM   #11002
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I have a commander class SKY-LYNX for sale. Asking $90. Let me know.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:33 PM   #11003
The Nemesis
Alternator

I've got a pair (2) of SS86 Wreck-Gars available. I'm looking for $40 apiece which would basically be the Walmart price without tax or shipping.

There is a catch though:

Both of them have a piece popped off the chest, one of the chest gun turret "nipples".

In one box I can clearly see the piece is inside, rattling around loose. It's just a ball joint and socket so popping it back in should be a simple matter.

In the other box I can't see or hear anything. That doesn't mean it's not there, it's just not obvious from the outside. So I can't guarantee it'll be in the box if you want it sealed. But I am more than happy to open it up and check for it before the sale if you're OK with it being open-box (with my promise to be as gentle as possible in the checking process and not to remove the figure or accessories from the tray in the process of checking for the piece.)

I live in Langley so heavy preference is for someone that can meet here if you're interested. I can go slightly outside the city to like Cloverdale/Surrey/Aldergrove but I likely can't head out to Vancouver or the like for an exchange. Sorry if this is an inconvenience.

I'm also willing to ship if you're willing to pay for it.

EDIT: One of the two is now claimed. I'm strongly considering just returning the second one to Walmart for a refund unless someone really wants to make a case to buy it off me over the next few days.

EDIT 2: This post is now over a month out of date but just in case someone stumbles across it, I did take the second one back to Walmart for a refund so I don't have them anymore.

Last edited by The Nemesis; 10-26-2021 at 01:53 AM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 12:31 AM   #11004
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Anyone use Toy Trader's trade-in center? I suddenly realized, I've got more TFs than a lot of shops, so looking to maybe unload a bunch once I sort through the piles. I've got loose and MOSC and MISB stuff, so wondering what they pay in cash and in trade. Also I'm wondering of there's stuff they won't take?

Thanks
Old 09-24-2021, 01:45 AM   #11005
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

I took a bunch of stuff in recently. I don't know if they have major stipulations on what they don't take, but they took everything I had, from old generations toys, Japanese releases, Bayverse to 3P. They will only give store credit though, so if you're not looking for much you might be sitting on that for quite some time. On the other hand you might get enough credit to be halfway to HasLab Unicron if you've got enough stuff! I don't know the exact formula but you would get much less than they sell things for, since they do have to make a profit.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:14 AM   #11006
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Anyone use Toy Trader's trade-in center? I suddenly realized, I've got more TFs than a lot of shops, so looking to maybe unload a bunch once I sort through the piles. I've got loose and MOSC and MISB stuff, so wondering what they pay in cash and in trade. Also I'm wondering of there's stuff they won't take?

Thanks
they’ll give you about 1/3 value in toy trader “bucks”

the advantage id that there is no tax when you use the credit slip/ trader bucks but you will get fleeced on the value fo sure
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 04:03 AM   #11007
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
I took a bunch of stuff in recently. I don't know if they have major stipulations on what they don't take, but they took everything I had, from old generations toys, Japanese releases, Bayverse to 3P. They will only give store credit though, so if you're not looking for much you might be sitting on that for quite some time. On the other hand you might get enough credit to be halfway to HasLab Unicron if you've got enough stuff! I don't know the exact formula but you would get much less than they sell things for, since they do have to make a profit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
they’ll give you about 1/3 value in toy trader “bucks”

the advantage id that there is no tax when you use the credit slip/ trader bucks but you will get fleeced on the value fo sure
Thank you both. 1/3 and no cash. Ugg.
Old 10-25-2021, 06:44 PM   #11008
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

Thanks

I've traded TFs there. One thing to note is, I asked a couple of the workers there in the past what gets a better trade in deal.

Basically, if you clean them and/or have the accessories and/or have the instructions, and/or have the packaging, each of these can help a little more with your trade in value.

I also noticed when you bring the stuff organized, like have them separated into shopping bags and labeled what line they are from (labelled meaning, just write on a piece of paper and put it in the shopping bag. I even go as far as saying [if applicable] what is missing or broken), this all will help with taking up less time for them to sort through it all and possibly get a bit more trade in value in return.
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 04:39 PM   #11009
Ozrein
Stunticon

Just putting some feelers out there. Do we have any M.A.S.K. fans here? I just dug out my childhood collection and realize these are just too cool to leave boxed up. Unfortunately I don’t have the room to display them. I’m thinking about selling the lot of them. Most are complete with the 4 incomplete ones only missing 1 or 2 parts each.

Edit: Sorry, not sure why the pic is so small. I’ll try to post a better pic later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71A288EE-0B84-4757-B6C4-9EE6A104823E.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	50534  

Last edited by Ozrein; 10-31-2021 at 04:50 PM.
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 04:03 PM   #11010
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

Anyone in the lower mainland / fraser valley area into the Transformers TCG? I recently bought some set packs and I'm thinking about buying a booster box(s) and wondering if anyone local would want to trade cards. Feel free to PM me or reply in this thread. Thanks.
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote