Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-27-2021, 08:57 AM   #31
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus
Re: Toysnowman.com PreOrder/Online Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Folks have been getting correct shoulders from finding on Walmart and tru shelves.

This is PURELY spiralling, but if it was a running change, it would make sense that pre-orders would all end up from the first incorrect batch?

Are they though? I have seen many claim they have the right shoulders and it is not. This is because the figure looks very different in hand and the shoulders don't look bad. I went thought this and couldnt tell if the shoulders were right until I removed him from the box.
Old 07-27-2021, 09:06 AM   #32
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Any word about when the Ark will be shipped out? I contacted Toysnowman yesterday through email, but not reply yet.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:46 PM   #33
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Any word about when the Ark will be shipped out? I contacted Toysnowman yesterday through email, but not reply yet.
Just got my shipped email for it a few minutes ago!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:49 PM   #34
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Just got my shipped email for it a few minutes ago!

thanks, me too!

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:59 PM   #35
VidzxVega
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
Are they though? I have seen many claim they have the right shoulders and it is not. This is because the figure looks very different in hand and the shoulders don't look bad. I went thought this and couldn't tell if the shoulders were right until I removed him from the box.
I've sort of been wondering the same thing. I've seen 4 in person as of this point (with one more on the way for a friend) and every single one has had the shoulder joint issue.

Only one I've seen 'correct' is the photo that was posted to tfw2005 back in June.

WFC Leaders haven't really stuck around long enough for assembly variants before either so I'm skeptical that there is a differently assembled variant out there in any significant numbers.
VidzxVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:39 AM   #36
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

I was wondering about the Coneheads and Amazon's recent cancellation, perhaps since it is no longer exclusive to Amazon in Canada, they either abandoned it or are not able to sell it as it might be now exclusive to independent retailers and not big box like Amazon, Walmart or Target in the US.

Asia did have a release, but it was also a Takara Tomy Mall exclusive in April. Aliexpress and Asian EBay sellers had the set at that time for inflated prices, as the TTM release is alot more expensive and the upcharge on the rarity of the set.

I was unaware of the UK release, was it obtained through Amazon UK? Is it hard to get from the UK now?

Hopefully Toysnowman's Distributor is on track and orders can get fulfilled, and maybe it can be purchased finally on a second release.

Happy Hunting!
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:35 AM   #37
Iron Moose
Knows things

I saw the correctly-assembled shoulder version in a comic store about a week ago. Downtown MTL. No pins visible, which I believe is the tell.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:08 PM   #38
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Moose View Post
I saw the correctly-assembled shoulder version in a comic store about a week ago. Downtown MTL. No pins visible, which I believe is the tell.
Not the tell. The shoulders are facing forward correctly either way. It's an inner assembly problem. The "wrong" shoulders sit lower than the correct. What the quick fix for the "wrong" shoulders is, is to rotate the shoulders up. That puts the pins forward but the shoulders are at the correct height.

In-hand it's shockingly harder to notice than in pics. Seriously.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:35 PM   #39
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Not the tell. The shoulders are facing forward correctly either way. It's an inner assembly problem. The "wrong" shoulders sit lower than the correct. What the quick fix for the "wrong" shoulders is, is to rotate the shoulders up. That puts the pins forward but the shoulders are at the correct height.

In-hand it's shockingly harder to notice than in pics. Seriously.
The pins are facing backwards in all copies as intended, but it's easier than you think to tell whether or not the shoulders have been assembled correctly.

There is still room through the window to look at the top of the shoulder. If you see some blocky detailing, that's actually the underside of the shoulder joint the pin goes through:

The correctly assembled shoulder would still have the pins facing backward AND the joint has a smooth curved top without any detailing:

Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:27 PM   #40
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
The pins are facing backwards in all copies as intended, but it's easier than you think to tell whether or not the shoulders have been assembled correctly.

There is still room through the window to look at the top of the shoulder. If you see some blocky detailing, that's actually the underside of the shoulder joint the pin goes through:

The correctly assembled shoulder would still have the pins facing backward AND the joint has a smooth curved top without any detailing:

Damn! That's the best pictorial evidence I seen of this so far
(never found a Galvy in the wild yet)
evenstaves is online now   Reply With Quote