Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 02-20-2010, 10:56 PM   #11
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 26 - DIA-CROOONE!

Okay, I might be an idiot, but how the hell do I download these podcasts, get them to stay on my computer and load them on my iPod.

I would really like to have them for my commutes into the GTA.

Cheers!
-Ian
Old 02-21-2010, 02:20 AM   #12
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Wow that was a great episode, lots of good info. Just a question, maybe I missed it but what does the name "Diaclone" refer to in Japan(ese)? I guess since Megs wasn't mentioned he must originate from Microman?
While Diaclone does sound like the typical Pokemon (Pocket Monster) name merging that the Japanese do, but Diaclone actually is just Diaclone, nothing to it.

And yes Megatron was part of Microman along with Soundwave, Perceptor and many others. We will same those for another podcast.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #13
Supernova
Second star to the right

Quote:
Originally Posted by cky_ibm View Post
Okay, I might be an idiot, but how the hell do I download these podcasts, get them to stay on my computer and load them on my iPod.

I would really like to have them for my commutes into the GTA.

Cheers!
-Ian
Here's what I do:

1. Download the podcast (click the Download Now link on the first post in the thread, follow the links, and save it in an easy location to find after)

One note - if clicking on the "Click Here to Start Download" causes it to play instead (depends on your computer settings), you should be able to right click the link and choose a "Save Link as"/"Save Target As" and go from there.

2. Load into iTunes (File > Add File to Library > then select the file from where you downloaded it to)

3. Transfer to iPod - what I find helps is to create a playlist on your iPod (i.e Canadian Slag), and then drag and drop the file into the playlist. Makes it nice and easy to find them when you want to hear them.

Anyhow, I hope this helps!

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #14
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
Here's what I do:

1. Download the podcast (click the Download Now link on the first post in the thread, follow the links, and save it in an easy location to find after)

One note - if clicking on the "Click Here to Start Download" causes it to play instead (depends on your computer settings), you should be able to right click the link and choose a "Save Link as"/"Save Target As" and go from there.

2. Load into iTunes (File > Add File to Library > then select the file from where you downloaded it to)

3. Transfer to iPod - what I find helps is to create a playlist on your iPod (i.e Canadian Slag), and then drag and drop the file into the playlist. Makes it nice and easy to find them when you want to hear them.

Thank you Supernova, I am going to show your post to people who ask this question all the time on twitter =P
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
While Diaclone does sound like the typical Pokemon (Pocket Monster) name merging that the Japanese do, but Diaclone actually is just Diaclone, nothing to it.

And yes Megatron was part of Microman along with Soundwave, Perceptor and many others. We will same those for another podcast.
Thanks dude!

Some more questions, how many different colours are there of the mini-drivers and did specific colours come with each Diaclone figure or was it random? Also, I have KO Diaclone Devestator, but I notice the quality of the KO is very good (well compared to KO's of this era). Any idea how these and other Diaclone KO were made? Maybe through stolen molds or some other shady means?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #16
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Thanks dude!

Some more questions, how many different colours are there of the mini-drivers and did specific colours come with each Diaclone figure or was it random? Also, I have KO Diaclone Devestator, but I notice the quality of the KO is very good (well compared to KO's of this era). Any idea how these and other Diaclone KO were made? Maybe through stolen molds or some other shady means?
Well, much like in the case of TF, they could either be stolen molds, unauthorized uses of existing molds, or new molds, reverse engineered from figures. It depends on the figure.

Hell, they could even be TF molds then given a Diaclone touchup.

As to the drivers, there were tons, and I'm pretty sure drivers corresponded to certain diaclones, though many had the same colored drivers, such as the yellow and green ones. Are you talking about just drivers used with toys that became TFs? Because there were other Diaclone toys, such as multiforce, which also had drivers but didnt end up in TF. Multiforce had 5 different drivers on his own.

Last edited by Aernaroth; 02-21-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #17
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Here's what I do:

Now why haven't I thought of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:16 PM   #18
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Sorry I've been so quiet the last few days listeners, been in a HPC/CPR course this weekend from 8:30am-5:30pm....ya....fun....but I'm certified so if any one wants some GMfan mouth to mouth, pass out at TFcon.

....no?.....well then.....onto answering posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
DIACLOOOOONE \O/

yet another awesome episode guys! Very informative! :3

by the way...had a request for "Getting to Know" ^^; if she hasn't been done...Chromia or Arcee? ^^
Chromia would be way to quick but Arcee I think would be interesting...maybe I'll get one of our girls on for that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
Also, what's this about exclusives? Exclusives plural? As in more than one?! Damn you, GMFan, for getting my hopes up!
Ya...aren't I great that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapler View Post
You should try and get John Moschitta Jr. to be a guest at TFcon so he can lend his speed talking skills as a guest auctioneer.
I swore I read somewhere that he got discovered doing auctions and how he got pulled into the industry lol I'd love to get Mr. Moschitta at TFcon one year though...who knows...may be this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Funny how I was looking at TFCon on youtube right before you guys mentioned it =P
awww....did someone need more convincing to come? I thought the promise of touching dak was enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper69 View Post
Great episode guys! Thanks for the props and mentioning the SickKids project on Slag Hopefully this will give everyone a little extra boost when its time to start on our bots

CJ
Much luv to you all and the project. Gonna see if I can find some time to contribute something to auction off as well....time shall tell! lol

Quote:
Here's what I do:

Great tips Supernova. As an alternative, once saved right click the file -> open with -> iTunes

From there it opens up automatically in your iTunes library and you can drag and drop it right into your iPod. If you sort by artist you will find it under Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
Now why haven't I thought of this.
I blame the drugs.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #19
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
I blame the drugs.
Ha ha,very funny.

Listening to the Podcast in my iPod now.Seems pretty awesome so far.I'll get back within an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #20
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
awww....did someone need more convincing to come? I thought the promise of touching dak was enough...
It's not motivation, it's money.

Tags
canadian slag, podcast