Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Buy/Sell/Trade Feedback

Old 01-31-2018, 05:51 PM   #21
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus
Re: I got scammed by user Mindtricks who also has username Nostalgic

He is, and he definitely is MPBandit as well
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:52 PM   #22
legotf
Generation 1

He is nostalgic because he when I questioned his reputation he told me he was. He then PMd me from that account.
legotf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:05 PM   #23
Longshot
Pretender

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
They posted a picture of "Tony" in the thread you linked.

Here's the post: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showp...4&postcount=34

Looks like a weaselly little turd. The face of a parent's disappointment. They would be utterly saddened by his actions if they weren't already dead from realizing how much of a lowlife turd they brought into this world.
Sorry it happened to you legotf. I hope you get justice.

Last edited by Longshot; 01-31-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:37 PM   #24
PrimalEnvy
Reverse Corte

Quote:
Originally Posted by legotf View Post
He is nostalgic because he when I questioned his reputation he told me he was. He then PMd me from that account.
Okay. For some reason I got him mixed up mentally with Nocturn, who is a much more frequent poster.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:38 PM   #25
legenddkillaa
Banned

Tee hee
legenddkillaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:35 PM   #26
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Does anyone know what region he lives in, and what information the police in that region has on him already?

The police and bank should be in communication with each other on this, if there is an issue maybe they can block the funds from getting to him and trace him via the financial info. as well. I find you have to do alot of leg work in many cases with these types of crimes as sometimes the police are not overly eager to do much beyond put in a report. The banks seem to be more concerned as it costs them alot of money and its their facilities being used for these types of crimes. Does not mean you will have money returned, but it might put him in hot water.

I also recommend using protected payment methods if you dont know the seller...call your bank or CC company to find these options. Paypal also might help...both Visa and Paypal for online orders have card protection, so if he doesnt show tracking information or can prove you got the items, he cannot claim his money.

Also recommend dealing with those that have a good rep on this community..beware there have been quite a few sellers on ebay from china with good reps. that have had their accounts hacked it seems over the last few months..even some where forum members have bought from successfully in the past...just a heads up.

I also recommend mods and members of the thread about this criminal have all of the information sent to whoever at the bank does this investigation. The financial institutions have massive fraud departments, so they should take this issue seriously beyond just telling you the funds were taken. Visa's department is called Resolutions, I'd suggest contacting the financial company and asking to speak to someone from resolutions...once you speak with them they can maybe direct you to their fraud centre. Im surprised they just gave a response that they cannot help. Even in situation where you dont have a right to a claim, they will often do an investigation or take special consideration if a crime was committed. They should gladly escalate the matter.

Good luck!
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:48 PM   #27
alternatorfan
g1 baby

He's was trying to do a deal with me.
Thanks for the info guys won t be dealing with now.
His feedback thread is confusing as he has dealt with some members that are known.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:06 AM   #28
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalEnvy View Post
Okay. For some reason I got him mixed up mentally with Nocturn, who is a much more frequent poster.
That's me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Bought some figures, it went brilliantly! Would gladly deal with again!
This is what I posted on Nostalgic's feedback thread. All through the deal he was courteous - I realized after receiving the figures that one was missing a part, he located it, sent a pic, and said he sent it in the mail - though it hasn't shown up yet.

I don't have any of the PM's anymore, however the guy asked I pay with Paypal, which I chose to send as a gift, and package received a few days later. Nothing was fishy, even the missing part I didn't realize until I took close scrutiny between the figure and a pic of it online. So I don't feel like he had any intention to scam me. He didn't charge or even suggest that he would for the part, but again, it hasn't shown. The original package, he even sent me a picture of the tracking number! Everything seemed very legitimate.

For what it's worth, Nostalgic contacted me via email, however the address used was
<nostalgic84@yahoo.com>

I'm not sure if anyone else has contacted that email, however the guy I dealt with, called himself "Tim Wong", and as you can see, it's different from the email's OP was in contact with. To me this says one of two things:

One: it was scummy Tony all along, making burner emails to keep people off his trail, using fake names, as he's prone to do. Doing a handful of legitimate deals to build up his reputation enough to land a "big fish" victim, IE high price, big ticket items.

Two: Legitimate users are now being hacked, and their accounts hijacked by scummy Tony.

For the purposes of enlightenment, I sent $140 Paypal gift to wongtim00@outlook.com. If this was Tony at the time, he could've easily taken that and run, though it's maybe lower than he had targeted?

For that, and more reasons above, I'm inclined to believe Nostalgic was in fact hacked by Tony - though I have no real proof. If someone could somehow check the IP's the account has been logged in from?

Anyway - I'm not trying to defend scamming in any capacity, but I have a feeling the original user wasn't behind this transaction.

Last edited by Nocturn; 02-01-2018 at 12:10 AM.
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:35 AM   #29
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Interesting. Nostalgic messaged me a few months ago, asking if I could help him out by picking up a toy being sold locally on Kijiji and ship it to him. Offered to pay for everything, didn't ask me to do anything weird like ship it to him first or something. I declined as I simply didn't have the time, but nothing seemed weird. Dude found a good deal but the kijiji seller wasn't willing to ship the product.

EDIT: It was December 1st. I was in the middle of my placement, zero extra time. The message was:

"Hi there
There’s a figure I’ve been desperately looking for
Fanstoys Hound
There’s a Kijiji seller located in Spruce Grove that’s selling one
But there’s a chance he may not ship
Would you be able to make the purchase for me and ship it to me?
I can send you the money for the figure plus shipping
Just let me know what would be a fair compensation for your services
Let me know how that sounds
Thanks"

I mean, that sounds fair enough. Just putting it out there.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:30 AM   #30
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Interesting. Nostalgic messaged me a few months ago, asking if I could help him out by picking up a toy being sold locally on Kijiji and ship it to him. Offered to pay for everything, didn't ask me to do anything weird like ship it to him first or something. I declined as I simply didn't have the time, but nothing seemed weird. Dude found a good deal but the kijiji seller wasn't willing to ship the product.

EDIT: It was December 1st. I was in the middle of my placement, zero extra time. The message was:

"Hi there
There’s a figure I’ve been desperately looking for
Fanstoys Hound
There’s a Kijiji seller located in Spruce Grove that’s selling one
But there’s a chance he may not ship
Would you be able to make the purchase for me and ship it to me?
I can send you the money for the figure plus shipping
Just let me know what would be a fair compensation for your services
Let me know how that sounds
Thanks"

I mean, that sounds fair enough. Just putting it out there.
Same here asking to pick up reissue g1 Megatron from a kijiji ad in Winnipeg same spiel he gave me
"Crooked person "
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mindtrick, nostalgic, sale, scam, thief