Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
We had some paranormal activity here last night!

Last night when we got home from seeing Xavier in the hospital I noticed that one of the balloons from my wife's shower (a blue one with his name on it) had made it's way in front of where our slding doors are. So I moved it back to where all the other balloons are in the dining room, then sat down and started to watch some TV.
A few minutes later I noticed it moving along the ceiling towards the livingroom again, and figured that there was just some kind of draft or something moving it around. But then it reached the back wall of the living room, and turned and started moving along it towards our staircase where it stopped for a moment then went up the stairs, and turned the corner to be in front of Xavier's room.

Now here is the real creepy part: Defying all the laws of physics as they apply to a helium filled balloon, it lowered itself away from the ceiling and dipped down through the doorway and into the room, without ever touching the wall or the door jam!! My wife and I both witnessed this.

Then it travelled along the ceiling of Xavier's room and came to a stop near some of my old stuffed animals I have on top of a display case in there, including the Winnie The Pooh my Granny gave me when I was born, turned and faced the room with the "XAVIER" side of the balloon facing the room, and stopped.

A few hours later we went back upstairs into his room and noticed that the balloon had moved even closer to my stuffed animals.

Here comes the creep factor again: Just as my wife remarked how our moving around the room was making the balloon move, it stated to move accross the room again, about 5 feet or so, and came to a stop in front of the Turner/Lamont family crest I have on the wall that used to belong to my Granddad, turned and faced it, stayed there for about a minute, then turned back and went back where it had just been.

My theory, that this was either my Granny and/or my Granddad letting us know that they see Xavier.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower
Re: We had some paranormal activity here last night!

Who are ya gonna call?

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Where's the logic in believing in the paranormal?

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #4
J-Ko
G1

+1 to your theory.
I'm a huge believer in paranormal things. Considering there are plenty of theories online, in relation to babies being able to sense or sometimes even 'see/attract' spirits or ghosts, your theory isn't that farfetched.

It could be worse though... You might've had to deal with the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Woah, that's freaky Man... I've never had such an encounter but a Cousin of mine, when she was younger, thought she saw an old man walking towards her Bus stop and swore the man had no feet and was floating in mid-air about 1ft off the ground.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
chans formers
raff ow roud

dude,the hairs on my back just raised reading this.

i think you may be right though,it may be the grand parents watching over him which wouldn't be a bad thing.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #7
Commandoclone87
Seeker

That is creepy and kinda re-assuring depending on what your beliefs are.

Had a spooky encounter myself once. My grandmother had been diagnosed with cancer in 2000 and was undergoing treatment.

Sadly it was not working and had become terminal. During that July (just after my 13th birthday), I was in my room sleeping when I suddenly woke up (and I know I was not dreaming). I sensed something in the room.

Sat up, looked around and not seeing anything, I laid back and just as I was ready to close my eyes, I saw a misty figure in the corner of my room. I couldn't make out the face, but I felt an extreme sense of calm and kindness. Shortly after I fell asleep.

The next day, the weather was shi**y as he**, so we all stayed indoors. That afternoon, the weather had worsened and now we had severe thunderstorm.

Roughly between 13:20 and 14:00, the power had flickered and was out for about 30 seconds and then came back on. The storm started to move away and everything had gone calm. Within 1/2 an hour from the power flickered, we had received the call that we were dreading. I remember my mother had started crying and had become really quiet.

It was at that point, I realized what I had seen the night before and it gave me strength through that time.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #8
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

That's cool. She came to say good-bye.

Thanks guys. Over on the Allspark I've basically been told that I'm a retard for even entertaining the possibility that this might have been anything other than mundane combinations of slight drafts and mild helium leakage.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:37 AM   #9
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

Man, I read the whole thread (so far) over there & they've really taken a turn for the negative, eh? Myself, I love a good ghost story Thanks for sharing!
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:42 AM   #10
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I got chills reading your story. I have no problem believing in the paranormal. Sometimes strange stuff happens, and there is no logical explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
Who are ya gonna call?
LOL! I thought it would take more than one post to get to this.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote