Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-01-2021, 06:48 PM   #201
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: Got Coneheads? List of retailers that might...

Just got mine, toysnowman is awesome.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:27 PM   #202
Tiffster
Classic

Where is Toysnowman physically located?
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 09:04 PM   #203
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

North pole
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 09:14 PM   #204
Iron Moose
Knows things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Where is Toysnowman physically located?

Montreal, a little way from downtown.
Old 09-01-2021, 09:42 PM   #205
VicRav
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
North pole
Checks out. He did pull off a late summer Christmas miracle.
VicRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 09:58 PM   #206
Wheelwave
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
North pole
That was a good Chuckle.

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 10:50 PM   #207
joedick
Generation 1

I had family stuff to deal with when all this was going down so I'm just getting caught up. The whole situation sucks.

So apparently amazon refused the shipment? If that's the case, why were we being strung along for so long? Some speculated that maybe it was an issue of warehouse space, but every item was spoken for, so it's not like they would've been there long.

I think it was mentioned the cmd got 300? I can't imagine TSM would've gotten more. So 600 for the country? I don't know what typical numbers are, but that seems low.

I'm sure Hasbro Canada was in a tough spot, but sending these to cmd is encouraging their price gouging. I'm all for people selling stuff for what they're worth and I get small businesses have to charge a bit more to survive, but close to double retail? Even if I had the chance, I wouldn't have bought from them on principle. Like, at least scalpers have to hunt down their product. cmd has it sent to them and buy them at a discount. We get pissed when scalpers buy up all the stock but we're gonna let this slide?

If this happened in the U.S. people would be pissed, influencers would be complaining and it would probably be acknowledged on the next fan first stream. But in Canada, there's nobody to really speak for us and nobody to speak to. Any Canadian youtubers out there probably won't mention it because it impacts a small part of their audience and would rather complain about Hasbro's corporate marketing getting ruined by leaks.

I'm not going to give in to scalpers, I'm just going to hope that Hasbro reissues these down the road. Some in this thread have suggested that Hasbro wouldn't do that, but the idea that Hasbro wouldn't want to reuse a mold is ludicrous. We just got reissues of some Titans Returns headmasters of all things, and this is coming to comic stores this month.

Sorry for the rant, it's been a long week
joedick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 11:09 PM   #208
BeeTrain
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedick View Post
I had family stuff to deal with when all this was going down so I'm just getting caught up. The whole situation sucks.

So apparently amazon refused the shipment? If that's the case, why were we being strung along for so long? Some speculated that maybe it was an issue of warehouse space, but every item was spoken for, so it's not like they would've been there long.

I think it was mentioned the cmd got 300? I can't imagine TSM would've gotten more. So 600 for the country? I don't know what typical numbers are, but that seems low.

I'm sure Hasbro Canada was in a tough spot, but sending these to cmd is encouraging their price gouging. I'm all for people selling stuff for what they're worth and I get small businesses have to charge a bit more to survive, but close to double retail? Even if I had the chance, I wouldn't have bought from them on principle. Like, at least scalpers have to hunt down their product. cmd has it sent to them and buy them at a discount. We get pissed when scalpers buy up all the stock but we're gonna let this slide?

If this happened in the U.S. people would be pissed, influencers would be complaining and it would probably be acknowledged on the next fan first stream. But in Canada, there's nobody to really speak for us and nobody to speak to. Any Canadian youtubers out there probably won't mention it because it impacts a small part of their audience and would rather complain about Hasbro's corporate marketing getting ruined by leaks.

I'm not going to give in to scalpers, I'm just going to hope that Hasbro reissues these down the road. Some in this thread have suggested that Hasbro wouldn't do that, but the idea that Hasbro wouldn't want to reuse a mold is ludicrous. We just got reissues of some Titans Returns headmasters of all things, and this is coming to comic stores this month.

Sorry for the rant, it's been a long week
Hasbro didn't make the decision on where to send it. CMD and TSM seem to have a common distributor that offered the refused shipment inventory to each of them. The distributor needed to get rid of the inventory and went to two of their largest sellers, I assume.
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 11:38 PM   #209
joedick
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTrain View Post
Hasbro didn't make the decision on where to send it. CMD and TSM seem to have a common distributor that offered the refused shipment inventory to each of them. The distributor needed to get rid of the inventory and went to two of their largest sellers, I assume.
Ahhh, thanks for the clarification, that makes sense. Still sucks though!
joedick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 04:52 AM   #210
Philtastic
Beasty

Some other Canadian retailers also got some stock, but the temptation to exploit the opportunity was high. I saw RedShift7 put them up on Ebay for $250 a pop, instead of listing them on the site…
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote