Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-27-2021, 07:29 PM   #161
Philtastic
Beasty
Re: Got Coneheads? List of retailers that might...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
This feels like information that would have been important to know sooner, but the whole cloak and dagger nature of this whole "restock" has been completely nuts...
I have the feeling that it was very last minute, if indeed Amazon refused the delivery because they had already cancelled the orders. Although they also got the Marvel Legends Children of Thanos box set very late, but in that case they hadn't made it available for preorder. Could also be that Hasbro didn't want bad piblicity. Who knows, really? They all fucked up, that's for sure.
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 07:41 PM   #162
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
Probably came down to warehouse space. Either they didn't have room for them or decided that they could make more money filling that space with other products. Same reason they constantly destroy millions of perfectly good and usable products. If you return something, it's probably going to the dump.

Yeah Canada needs to get on the bandwagon when it comes to destruction of unused goods. There are a number of countries around the world who have now made it illegal to dump unused goods. Supposedly it forces companies to work harder/better with their supply chains.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 08:09 PM   #163
Supernova
Second star to the right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtastic View Post
I have the feeling that it was very last minute, if indeed Amazon refused the delivery because they had already cancelled the orders. Although they also got the Marvel Legends Children of Thanos box set very late, but in that case they hadn't made it available for preorder. Could also be that Hasbro didn't want bad piblicity. Who knows, really? They all fucked up, that's for sure.

Given that the pre-orders started three months ago at these small retailers, it couldn't be that last minute. They've had to have known for a while by now.

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 08:50 PM   #164
Philtastic
Beasty

But Amazon canceled the orders at the end of July, so whatever was available a few months ago was not from Amazon's allotment.
Old 08-29-2021, 02:30 PM   #165
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

It makes me f*ckin crazy that I can't take my eyes off the game for a goddamned second and lose out so bad like this

I had that damn TSM coneheads listing bookmarked for WEEKS (months?), and this past Friday I didn't check the site, and that's all it f*ckin takes
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 02:35 PM   #166
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
It makes me f*ckin crazy that I can't take my eyes off the game for a goddamned second and lose out so bad like this

I had that damn TSM coneheads listing bookmarked for WEEKS (months?), and this past Friday I didn't check the site, and that's all it f*ckin takes
I learned this the hard way in the past. Turn on thread notifications to be alerted to new updates. It can get annoying with the amount of updates, but if I didn't have notifications on, I would have definitely missed this opportunity, too. And who knows, there might be more inventory trickling out.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:58 PM   #167
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:

Seconded. I am without a coneheads pre-order, ugh.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:00 AM   #168
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

Quote:

I feel ya man. I work nights so if something is released during the day I miss it. This time it was my day off and I was driving to my parents' place 90min away. It's a cutthroat hobby we have

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 11:34 AM   #169
Lcs2006
Generation 2

Just had it delivered from CMD store (first time). Didn't love paying more than retail but I've had my share of deals over the years that I can live with it.
Lcs2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 12:49 PM   #170
Tonestar
Star Seeker

My Coneheads also arrived from CMD today and it sucks that they charged more for them plus shipping but in the end I have them and they look great !