Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-03-2023, 07:11 PM   #3541
RocketGTR
Animated
Re: GameStop.ca (formerly EB Games) Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
Expiry for me says Dec 09. So this means I'm without the discount until the new program kicks in at some point next year?

If so, this sucks
Unfortunately, yes looks like.
Old 12-03-2023, 07:49 PM   #3542
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
Expiry for me says Dec 09. So this means I'm without the discount until the new program kicks in at some point next year?

If so, this sucks
If they even include a new discount anyway.
Gaming Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 01:05 AM   #3543
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

Picked up my Code Red at STC GS.

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 01:36 AM   #3544
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Well, a warning would have been nice, my Platinum expires on the 28th.

What's bad is that they never have the few games (used, and for the Switch only) that I've got interest for outside of very few random finds, so my main purchases have been toys.

Without the discount, most times Amazon tends to end up with sales or drops in prices that have been good enough to go ahead and pick a few there instead of Gamestop already at times, but now this is almost going to be a given.

I can understand that they are having financial trouble, but then, I've had enough bad experiences in stores that I tend to not really enjoy such trips, as on such occasions the service was either poor, the staff was simply shitty in attitude, flat out incompetent, or just too busy rambling on with each other (I ended up making a full formal complaint once due to how bad one experience was).

I would believe that the pre-orders done (and locked with the payment) will be at the set price with the rebate...

One thing I checked as I never really did it before, is check on upcoming games and noted that there isn't discounts on new games anyways.

Oh well, I can understand that they wanted to find a way to move away from the Edge, but I could have seen them being upfront and just say that some changes would happen due to financial issues and maybe lock the discounts at 10% (Platinum) and do away with the Onyx, remove some other extras, but I just think that this will just drive people to other stores, most probably Amazon, and it's going to cut their sales tremendously, causing more damage than the profit they believe they could make. Being honest would gain more support than cutting a huge appeal for their customers and replacing it with a much crappier "new" service.

With so many "new" games for the newer (and upcoming) system going towards the download approach, I can see how games are turning into the Blockbuster's DVD market that ended up killing them as they didn't do anything to catch up with the times. Gamestop has the used market that will die off in the near future due to this download approach (meant to kill it), so the toys and other physical media (including the consoles and controllers ending up the only actual game related products) would be the foundation... but push people away from going to them instead of an alternative, and you have shot yourself in the foot completely.

Piss your costumers away with one shitty decision, and once they are gone, they tend to not come back and also tend to push others to not shop there either. So instead of this being a "good" solution, it's most probably going to be a massive "nail in their coffin".

Oh well, I have two figures on pre-order and I don't know if there's anything coming that will interest me (outside of Titan Tidal Wave and he still needs to impress me)as I've cut back quite a bit as I've reach a saturation point for my collection and it takes something damn impressive these days, and all other pre-orders are 3rd parties with other stores, but even those feel that it's running it's course. So aside the odd ones that managed to impress me enough,I'm technically done for the most part anyways.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 12-04-2023 at 10:32 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 03:03 AM   #3545
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Got told an employee that the discount for the toys will still be applied to my orders on my account. When the platinum card runs out.
If it happens only time will tell.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 09:28 AM   #3546
Socko76
Old Skool
Socko76's Ebay Auctions

Just got charged for my Reactivate pre-orders. Also, the release date updated to Dec 4th. They still have the Starscream/Bumblebee set available for purchase
Old 12-05-2023, 10:08 AM   #3547
Skorpulator
Armada

Just found out I have 3003 points. How do I use them??
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 10:19 AM   #3548
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
Just found out I have 3003 points. How do I use them??
You don't.

Points are only used to level up in Edge program. If you're Platinum, it takes 12,000 points to level up to Onyx when renewal time comes. Then it takes 6,000 at renewal to maintain Onyx.

But all that may be useless now, depending on how radically they alter the program.
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 01:11 PM   #3549
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

yeah, this is disappointing. For a couple years here EB/GS was a great source for TFs. GOod pre-orders. Edge discount. Cheap free shipping. The free shipping went up. Then I noticed they were ever-so-slightly charging a buck or two more than MSRP. And now this.

I've had to get out of the hobby for financial reasons. It seems harder and harder to think about getting back in.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 09:21 PM   #3550
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Grabbed my Soundwave/GI Joe colab today.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote