Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-23-2021, 09:08 AM   #1391
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTrain View Post
So.... given how well the Retro Headmasters are selling, what do we think the odds are of a Fortress Maximus reissue?
G1 or TR?

Either way probably pretty slim. The TR version was clearanced down to I think $50/$40US in the states. So maybe a chance online like the recent Devastator, but who knows.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 09:54 AM   #1392
alphatrion5
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHCKWAVE View Post
The wave 2 Headmasters are currently up now and in stock on Wal-Mart.ca.
What’s the link for weirdwolf?
alphatrion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 11:47 AM   #1393
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I can't believe they are selling so well. Or are there just such limited quantities it's an illusion. They were all available just 2-3 years ago for $13 cheaper. Decos are a bit nicer. Guess lots of folks skipped or flipped them?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:21 PM   #1394
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I can't believe they are selling so well. Or are there just such limited quantities it's an illusion. They were all available just 2-3 years ago for $13 cheaper. Decos are a bit nicer. Guess lots of folks skipped or flipped them?
Some people literally buy everything. Not me. I also couldn't believe the recent G1 reissues were so popular. Some of those figures must have been released like 5 or 6 times by now. But I'm sure limited supply has to do with it. Stock is short for practically everything.

Last edited by kirbenvost; 05-23-2021 at 04:05 PM.
kirbenvost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:59 PM   #1395
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I think the new heads/decos, plus the G1 style boxes make it easier for people to buy. I know I caved, even though I already have all of them from TR. I have them mostly for the boxes.

Same goes for the reissues. The boxes are really what drew me in. I have a nice set up of "G1" figures in box looking like 1985 all over again.

I don't think the majority of the reissues sold particularly well. Most of them ended up on deep discount. I mean Blaster was down to $19, the minibots were $6, Star scream and Rodimus were into the teens as well. I think Devastator and Soundwave/Cassettes were the only ones to sell fast enough to avoid deep discounts.

We haven't seen much from the reissues recently so maybe they are done, but who knows. Could be a case of diminishing returns. There have been so many reissues of these figures over the last few years that it really can't be that big a market anymore, but who knows.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 02:14 PM   #1396
seancuthbertca
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I think the new heads/decos, plus the G1 style boxes make it easier for people to buy. I know I caved, even though I already have all of them from TR. I have them mostly for the boxes.

Same goes for the reissues. The boxes are really what drew me in. I have a nice set up of "G1" figures in box looking like 1985 all over again.

I don't think the majority of the reissues sold particularly well. Most of them ended up on deep discount. I mean Blaster was down to $19, the minibots were $6, Star scream and Rodimus were into the teens as well. I think Devastator and Soundwave/Cassettes were the only ones to sell fast enough to avoid deep discounts.

We haven't seen much from the reissues recently so maybe they are done, but who knows. Could be a case of diminishing returns. There have been so many reissues of these figures over the last few years that it really can't be that big a market anymore, but who knows.

My guess is with the poor selling rates of Trailerless Prime for Trailerful Prime prices, Astrotrain and Blaster has probably made Hasbro at least pause any more G1 reissues. And instead use G1 box art for some of the modern rebuilds instead.

Guaranteed, Soundwave and the cassettes did not shelf warm in any Walmart for long. Starscream barely did. Hotrod did, was able to get him for really cheap. I think the minibots just kept being produced, they'd sit, then be sold out for a while, then some come in and sit for a while. That cycle repeated for a couple years. Devastator I didn't follow, while the G1 is the original, it's certainly not the best designed Devastator anymore. As soon as Scavengers shovel or arm joints get lose, Devastator can't stand anymore.
seancuthbertca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 04:01 PM   #1397
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
It was the same with the Megatron (the wing deluxe) was re-issued as a boxed SS that was more than double the price within 2-3 years.

It comes down that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to get just about anything that comes out regardless of quality and prices.

I got Brainstorm because I was never able to get it 3-4 years ago when he wasn't even available in stores here and the pricing for it made it just as expensive. I debated for a good year to get the KO version but when he was announced, I waited for it.

Trouble is, if Hasbro keeps this going, in 3 years from now, our today's overpriced figures will get re-released at double the price, and yet, they will sell again.

And because collecting (in general) seems to have become some sort of identity crisis for many, prices can keep increasing and Hasbro just needs to buy more rakes for all the money that people willingly throw at them.
Old 05-23-2021, 04:06 PM   #1398
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
It was the same with the Megatron (the wing deluxe) was re-issued as a boxed SS that was more than double the price within 2-3 years.

It comes down that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to get just about anything that comes out regardless of quality and prices.

I got Brainstorm because I was never able to get it 3-4 years ago when he wasn't even available in stores here and the pricing for it made it just as expensive. I debated for a good year to get the KO version but when he was announced, I waited for it.

Trouble is, if Hasbro keeps this going, in 3 years from now, our today's overpriced figures will get re-released at double the price, and yet, they will sell again.

And because collecting (in general) seems to have become some sort of identity crisis for many, prices can keep increasing and Hasbro just needs to buy more rakes for all the money that people willingly throw at them.
Brainstorm is the one that makes sense to me, since he was a Walgreens exclusive.

I just remember all those hardheads and weirdwolfs and skullcrunchers being so easy to find... 🤣

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 04:12 PM   #1399
The Nemesis
Alternator

I got the Headmasters because I wasn't collecting during TR so I don't have the originals. Plus I kinda like that they have the Takara heads because my exposure to the characters is more through the Headmasters anime than the western versions of the toys or stuff like the IDW comics.

I think the biggest factor right now is a combination of short-stocking and that distribution has been crap since covid. Because everything seems harder to get now. I literally have yet to see anything from Kingdom wave 2 on a shelf in-store except for Ractonite (which seems to be a bit of a niche purchase that not everyone is in on) and Arcee (as a repeat from Earthrise). I ended up having to get all the wave 2 bots online and still don't have Dinobot because most places are sold out or are gouging. That's something I've never had to do before now except for the short-run end-of-line stuff like PotP Novastar or the final waves of Siege/Earthrise.

Makes me want to say that covid caused issues with shipping and supply initially and they've just never moved to fix all the problems, soldiering on while we all scratch and claw and scamper to 10 different merchants while happily paying 20-25% more for things now than we did just a couple years ago.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:34 AM   #1400
revliner
Mini-Con

Netflix wave 3 up on walmart.ca

Cheetor:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transfo.../6000202745578
revliner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walmart