Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-14-2022, 10:40 PM   #61
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Is new pricing keeping you away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
pricing ,lack of product, product that's a specific retailer with NO equal or representation here in Canada (thinking for example runabout )leaving insane pricing secondary market,QC issues, hollowed out toys for double the price at half the size,yup I'd say I have been out for a couple of years now and loosing interest fast only thing keeping me attuned is third party at this point....
I don't get the part about Runabout. He was available at TRU, as much as he was in US Targets
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 12:29 AM   #62
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I don't get the part about Runabout. He was available at TRU, as much as he was in US Targets
What do you not get?

That he was the short number per box and was near impossible to get for most people?

I got one because I happened to go to TrU when they had just stocked the shelf and decided to not hesitate getting him... and never saw him again, and seen so many posts on forums/threads about people missing out that I lost count. Runamuck was also scarce as hell BUT got re-issued in a later wave and while I ended up ordering one before he returned in stores, I barely saw a few more afterwards.

If you managed to get one, it's not because there were an appropriate number of them, it's because you got lucky and grabbed one before the few numbers out there disappeared.

He goes (just checked) used for over 120$ CAD, and new for at least 150$ CAD.. (plus shipping), and the numbers of available figures I just saw on ebay is very low (under 12).

And this is the same reality for a massive number of figures, this is the "new normal".
Old 04-15-2022, 08:16 AM   #63
justprime
Animated

my point being toys r us if your lucky to have one around I am in northern ontario , never seen one at either wally or EB games ,online toysrus not available presumed out of stock which is the major problem and my point ,, out of stock, no supply , short fall that leaves a 40.00 toy 120.00 on secondary market for a NEW TOY, that's half of titan class piece for a twin to runabout that should have been in more abundance ,along with the other above issues I used this piece as an example among many for my reason to step back ,that said it's nothing new for the canadian market shortfalls have been happening since g1 days,overpriced and no substantial supply or cancelled final run figures have soured it for me personally .......
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:17 AM   #64
Magnimus
Alternator

The pricing is certainly keeping me away moving forward. Once I pick up the upcoming Beast Wars figures like Tarantulas and the rumoured Inferno, get the G1 style insectacons, and finish off Menasor, I?m pretty much done. I can?t afford to collect the majority of a wave anymore and I can?t afford to take a chance on figures I might not care that much about. Legacy Bulkhead might be a great figure, but Hasbro is forcing my hand to be very picky. The pricing is also outpacing the figure quality. Hasbro seems to think people will pay premium adult collectible prices for figures that are still being made, designed, and marketed as kid?s toys. Just look at Legacy with those awful ?energon-infused? weapons. Legacy Blitzwing and those stupid hand cannons is a prime example. That is meant to appeal to children but children can?t afford these toys and I suspect a lot of parents can?t either. Hasbro keeps making figures with transparent plastic parts that are going to break sooner rather than later. Transformers can?t survive at these prices while turning out expensive kid fodder that the adult collector market is going to ultimately reject because the price just won?t be worth it anymore.
Old 04-15-2022, 08:54 AM   #65
Overlord2004
Generation 2

Yes spending over 37 bucks for a deluxe is a lot kinda only buy when on sale or my favourites like for sure gonna buy them I recently bought a lot on eBay for 70 bucks including a complet rotf leader prime and complete dotm shockwave was fun
Overlord2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 10:12 AM   #66
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

There are a lot of figures in the recent Legacy reveals that I would have jumped on if the prices were still reasonable, but at current prices a toy has to be near-perfect to justify the purchase, and none of these are.
Old 04-15-2022, 10:35 AM   #67
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
There are a lot of figures in the recent Legacy reveals that I would have jumped on if the prices were still reasonable, but at current prices a toy has to be near-perfect to justify the purchase, and none of these are.
What's crazy is how some defend the figure as "perfect" and get seriously get condescending if you dare state any flaws.

The number of kits I ended up getting in the last 2-3 years is a show of the problem. I hate spending almost the same that I did for the figure a second time to complete them, but I see it as these are the last versions that I'll ever get of such figures and just want them to look and feel "right".

And that includes the latest figures I got such as SS BB Brawn (Gamestop with 10% off) with the toilet capacity, I ended up ordering a lid for it that ends up used as a shield. There was no reason that Hasbro couldn't have "fix" this.

But one thing about pricing, is that I've been at TrU twice (once because of non-TF related thing, and once due to the "sale" for the older wave and the only figure available was Arcee) since the price increase and I did not see a single toy gone from the previous visit.

Aside "collectors" I can't even imagine casual parent/kids buying anything at those prices.. maybe the grandparents that know nothing about TF/pricing and just grab something for the grandkid's birthday or something.
Old 04-15-2022, 11:00 AM   #68
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Not here he wasn't
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 12:49 PM   #69
Grimlocked
Generation 2

Picked up Dragstrip and it didn't scan. Saw the $35.97 price tag at the register and bought it anyways since Menasor looks interesting.

Will I buy another deluxe? Probably not - only the remaining pieces and any other beast wars figure. Based on how it went from $18-$20, to $25-$30, then $35 for a "deluxe" to about $40 suddenly...? I'd expect to pay that if it were for a difficult to obtain figure at some comic book store but at this point, I feel priced out for legacy. When that amount is in direct competition to bills (in general), something is really wrong. I will stop completely when it hits $50 for a deluxe.
Grimlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 01:10 PM   #70
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlocked View Post
$50 for a deluxe.

*puke*

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote