Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 09-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #21
Undrave
Canadian Slag
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 46 - Legacy - Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
The more I see of Prime, the more it feels like Armada. You've already got the 3 kids with similar character archetypes; leader, Hispanic, and girl. Each paired with their own Transformer. You've got the small group of Autobots trying to hold off the Decepticons. Then there's the whole "search for this weeks MacGuffin" plot. Gotta catch 'em all! And now the Autobots have this ultra powerful sword called the Star Saber that makes the Decepticons drop an Energon cube in their pants at the mere sight of it.

Not to mention, in Japan, all the Transformers supposedly have their own partner minicons, they just don't know it. All we need now is them to find Nexus Maximus's Requiem Blaster and Optimal Optronix's Skyboom Shield and we'll be exactly where we were 10 years ago.
Well the Star Saber was supposed to be in the possession of Nexus Prime. Why it was on Earth doing an impression of Excalibur, beats me.

Unless they change it from the novels, the Requiem Blaster (which was actually The Fallen's weapon) is currently in the hands of the Star Seekers.

Honestly, considering the macguffins aren't alive it reminds me more of Xiaolin Showdown rather than Pokémon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOlweD0MTAI
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #22
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
The more I see of Prime, the more it feels like Armada. You've already got the 3 kids with similar character archetypes; leader, Hispanic, and girl. Each paired with their own Transformer. You've got the small group of Autobots trying to hold off the Decepticons. Then there's the whole "search for this weeks MacGuffin" plot. Gotta catch 'em all! And now the Autobots have this ultra powerful sword called the Star Saber that makes the Decepticons drop an Energon cube in their pants at the mere sight of it.

Not to mention, in Japan, all the Transformers supposedly have their own partner minicons, they just don't know it. All we need now is them to find Nexus Maximus's Requiem Blaster and Optimal Optronix's Skyboom Shield and we'll be exactly where we were 10 years ago.
You can actually go back further to Masterforce for similarities.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #23
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwacko View Post
I believe that's the diecast looking one? Now we need one that glows =D (also under $20 hopefully)
Yeah, but comparing that to the sword that Prime used in the show, the hilt is sorta different.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #24
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
Yeah, but comparing that to the sword that Prime used in the show, the hilt is sorta different.
Well the Matrix of Leadership is supposed to be the hilt of the Star Saber. The Star Saber was Prima's personal weapon and he was the first bearer of the Matrix. Since the Matrix is inside Optimus I figure the saber looks different because the Matrix isn't part of it anymore.

The Star Saber is also what was use to cut up Nexus Prime into his five components.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #25
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Quote:
The more I see of Prime, the more it feels like Armada...

All we need now is them to find Nexus Maximus's Requiem Blaster and Optimal Optronix's Skyboom Shield and we'll be exactly where we were 10 years ago.
I'm going to disagree. While there are definitely parallels that can be drawn, the shows FEEL entirely different. Prime is not cheesy and overdone. It's aimed at an older audience. Armada was everything I dislike about anime. Prime has none of it.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #26
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

This really was a standout episode. Love the look on Megatron's face when Prime used the Star Sabre. For the first time ever, he genuinely looked scared

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #27
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Best episode in a long time.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #28
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobotz24 View Post
This really was a standout episode. Love the look on Megatron's face when Prime used the Star Sabre. For the first time ever, he genuinely looked scared
Yeah, kudos to the animators, they REALLY sold the fear there!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:16 AM   #29
ARCTrooperAlpha
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
I'm going to disagree. While there are definitely parallels that can be drawn, the shows FEEL entirely different. Prime is not cheesy and overdone. It's aimed at an older audience. Armada was everything I dislike about anime. Prime has none of it.

Basically, Prime is Armada with more serious tones. However, it really can't handle seriousness coherently.
ARCTrooperAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote