Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
juxtapose519
Robot Master
I HATE Canada Post

I tried to ship a package today that was 1.014kg. It was 14 GRAMS too heavy to ship as a small packet and they wanted to charge me $33 to ship it Express, which was the cheapest option at that weight.

The woman at the counter didn't even point out to me that if I made the package 14 grams lighter, I'd be able to ship it way cheaper. Luckily I knew the rules or I might have just reluctantly sent it Express.

So I opened it up right there, cut out ONE of the four flaps at the top of the box and taped it back up. It was like 20 grams under 1kg, and it cost me 12 whole dollars to ship.

Canada Post keeps complaining that they have to keep increasing their rates because nobody wants to use the postal service anymore, but it's their retarded policies that make me not want to use their service in the first place. I would buy and sell way more crap online if they would just get it together and straighten out their flat rate policies.

There's no point to this thread, I just needed to rant.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection

Last edited by juxtapose519; 02-07-2012 at 10:00 AM.
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:07 AM   #2
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.
Re: I HATE Canada Post

lol I hear you. When I was selling stuff online, the shipping was more then the item was itself. It was just silly. And it's even worse for shipping even small items to the US :/

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:52 AM   #3
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

agreed, tried to help out someone with fe prime, barely broke even thanks to the upped shipping costs

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #4
TFtoys
Animated

that's how CanadaPost kill and facilitate the death of any small online business. Doing locally, there are not enough population; and doing across the countries, the shipping fees kill your customers before it kill you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose519 View Post
Canada Post keeps complaining that the have to keep increasing their rates because nobody wants to use the postal service anymore, but it's their retarded policies that make me not want to use their service in the first play. I would buy and sell way more crap online if they would just get it together and straighten out their flat rate policies.

There's not point to this thread, I just needed to rant.
I guest we need enough complains and signitures to make the Canadapost change;but most of the people won't care until they really have to send anything.

Last edited by TFtoys; 02-07-2012 at 05:35 AM.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #5
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose519 View Post
Canada Post keeps complaining that the have to keep increasing their rates because nobody wants to use the postal service anymore, but it's their retarded policies that make me not want to use their service in the first play. I would buy and sell way more crap online if they would just get it together and straighten out their flat rate policies.
They should also be blaming the constant raising of prices on their pensions and huge paychecks....
a buddy of mine finishes his route in 4 hours with an hour lunch (so 3 hours of work) but gets paid for eight...how is that fair? With all those pensions CP is paying out more than they are taking in.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
They should also be blaming the constant raising of prices on their pensions and huge paychecks....
a buddy of mine finishes his route in 4 hours with an hour lunch (so 3 hours of work) but gets paid for eight...how is that fair? With all those pensions CP is paying out more than they are taking in.
This is why I have absolutely NO sympathy for the postal workers.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
Mike
Robot Master
Mike's Ebay Auctions

This is why I quit trying to sell things online, shipping has become too atrocious. I just take my losses and either give the toys away, or take em to value village if I don't want them anymore.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #8
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

I cringe every time I have to ship to Manitoba, Sask, Alberta and BC. Its cheaper to ship to Hawaii than outside your own Province. It's laughable how flawed CP rates are. When I see Ontario I jump for joy as I won't lose money on shipping as you can't charge actual shipping as people will think you are ripping them off.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #9
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I am sending a FE Cliffjumper to someone down in the US. He asked if I could ship it loose to cut down on costs. So a box not much bigger than the figure itself still will cost almost $19 with tracking. That sucks.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #10
juxtapose519
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
I am sending a FE Cliffjumper to someone down in the US. He asked if I could ship it loose to cut down on costs. So a box not much bigger than the figure itself still will cost almost $19 with tracking. That sucks.
Yeah, that's another thing. The only way to get a tracking number is to ship Express, which costs almost 3 times as much as standard ground. I don't get it.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote