Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-25-2021, 10:45 PM   #1241
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Wow, thanks for the info on walmart man, that is horrible!
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:46 PM   #1242
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
I just tried not to lose it at a Walmart rep in store and online.

If your buy something on the app or website, and the price drops, they won't price adjust it at the store. Nor will they let you refund it and re-purchase it at the lower scanned price, because they claim they may ship it back to the online department as soon as you refund it.

But they say you're free you waste your time and try to buy it online or in-store.

They also won't price adjust online. Why, you ask? It's because they secretly change the SKU of the item your night when it drops in price and won't let you price adjust. I just tried to price adjust a SS86 Blurr, cause it dropped a few bucks, and neither the store or online department employee would be of any help. The SKU I bought it ends with a 4, the current SKU end with a 3. But it's the EXACT same item. That is some shady practices there.

This is why I don't actively sell out to buy transformers at Walmart anymore.
Toysrus are way better at price adjusting. My preferred source, then ebgames. Walmart is last resort. Only go there for any exclusives you want.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:08 PM   #1243
fishtifer
Machine War

I have a feeling with all the Netflix Optimus Primes on the shelves he may go on clearance eventually. Have they done this yet with any of the shelf warmer Netflix figures or have they all sold like hotcakes?
fishtifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:13 PM   #1244
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
I have a feeling with all the Netflix Optimus Primes on the shelves he may go on clearance eventually. Have they done this yet with any of the shelf warmer Netflix figures or have they all sold like hotcakes?

Wave 1 Netflix deluxes did hit clearance, IIRC. But I've not seen anything in wave 2 on the shelves long enough to get there. Though actually I've never seen anything from wave 2 on the shelves period besides Optimus, and that was just 1 who lasted 2 weeks and then was gone just in time for a Kingdom Optimus Prime to inherit that spot and keep it warm.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:16 PM   #1245
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:

If your buy something on the app or website, and the price drops, they won't price adjust it at the store. Nor will they let you refund it and re-purchase it at the lower scanned price, because they claim they may ship it back to the online department as soon as you refund it.

But they say you're free you waste your time and try to buy it online or in-store.

They also won't price adjust online. Why, you ask? It's because they secretly change the SKU of the item your night when it drops in price and won't let you price adjust. I just tried to price adjust a SS86 Blurr, cause it dropped a few bucks, and neither the store or online department employee would be of any help. The SKU I bought it ends with a 4, the current SKU end with a 3. But it's the EXACT same item. That is some shady practices there.

I was able to do on the live chat but it wasn’t easy. The first rep said the item was sold out so he can’t see the price anymore (what?!?). I said the price shows in the app because i have it on my favorite list. He suggested that i take a screenshot and email it to support. I get an autoreply that this “mailbox is unmonitored” (what?!?). I go back on live chat with another rep and tell them that i did what the first rep told me to and eventually he was able to do the adjust. Keep in mind if its beyond the 30 days they will reject you even though its a 90 return policy.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:06 AM   #1246
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:

Oh man, their online ordering system & in-store integration is just an absolutely giant mess.

For a long time market leader in logistics, one would think they would have fixed seemingly basic requests such as these by now.

We ordered Nintendo Switch Joy Cons back in early December 'cause we had a coupon for pickup service. The set they brought out wasn't the colour my Wife wanted, she wanted all 4 to be different colours, anyways I asked if it could just be quickly swapped for another set of colours and the employee said a return needs to be done along with an entire new order.

I walked directly into the store and asked the folks in there explaining I just wanted to do a simple swap, same reply. So I kept the Joy Cons, same colours, first world problem, whatever.

Last week, I get a refund on my credit card for the Joy Cons. Looking back at my emails, I think it's because when I was discussing the swap with the employee they forgot maybe to register me as picking up the item. Long story, free Switch Joy Cons.

Bottom line...Wal*Mart in store and Wal*Mart online, such a freakin' mess.

Totally agree, trying not to buy from them unless it's one of their exclusives I want.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:57 AM   #1247
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:

Yep a pain in the butt, I find, it really just depends on who you talk to, some employees are less stringent on the rules.

I have noticed that on the receipt the last digit of the barcode is missing on recent purchases, maybe that was the source of confusion?

If I have the choice, I just buy from TRU or EB.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:15 AM   #1248
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
I haven't seen him shelfwarm here in store, but he was perpetually available online. Never seen nf figures go on clearance.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:27 PM   #1249
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Quote:
Richmond Walmart at one point literally had 14 Netflix Megatron loitering around the shelves. They all sold eventually, but I don't know if there was a sale involved.

Everyone freaking out over Soundwave while Prime languishes with his urine-soaked battle masters.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:55 PM   #1250
SHCKWAVE
Beast Machine

Quick question regarding price matching at WM,as it seems to be on topic lately. Didn't they actually announce months ago that they were actually stopping that practice on ALL items,let alone toys?
SHCKWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walmart