Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-10-2021, 02:04 PM   #1871
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I cant tell whether Toy Snowman charges the full amount at the time of preorder or not... anyone know?
pretty sure its upfront payment.

ive placed a butt load of orders and pre-orders there, even cancelled a couple pre-orders close to release date with full refund (looking at you NMC).

My experiences have been good, got 12 figs coming in now from preorders done in jan/feb/march. Owner is stand up guy who even calls me on big order deliveries to let me know whats coming in. Nice seeing a flood of figs come in without dealing with charges today.

They also tend to get stuff early. Got my wave 1 and 2 kingdom stuff weeks before in store sighting all the while A3U hasnt even shipped my prepaid preorder of SS86 wave 1 still.

my black zarak preorder is with EB but if extra $$ hits my pocket ahead of time I may pre-order/pre-pay with TSM so as to not deal with charges at year end (Jan through March is rife with taxes and expenses for me as is)

only good things to say about them so far.

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 04-10-2021 at 02:18 PM.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:15 PM   #1872
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post
119 for Rodimus? How is that the correct price for a leader class?

edit: Looks like a commander class, yeah, I'll have to see this guy in person before buying. I'm not seeing a commander class value I guess.
Yeah, I also was mentioning yesterday that Rodimus is only $79.99 USD at American retailers (which is $100 CAD). We're paying $120 for the figure (so the exchange doesn't really make sense).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:16 PM   #1873
MC Culla
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
Ordered Rodimus and they already cancelled it on me. I really want to support TRU. But they make it so hard.
Yes, this exactly. My Ark and Rodimus both got cancelled this morning.
MC Culla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:20 PM   #1874
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post

ive placed a butt load of orders and pre-orders there, even cancelled a couple pre-orders close to release date with full refund (looking at you NMC).

My experiences have been good, got 12 figs coming in now from preorders done in jan/feb/march. Owner is stand up guy who even calls me on big order deliveries to let me know whats coming in. Nice seeing a flood of figs come in without dealing with charges today.

They also tend to get stuff early. Got my wave 1 and 2 kingdom stuff weeks before in store sighting all the while A3U hasnt even shipped my prepaid preorder of SS86 wave 1 still.

my black zarak preorder is with EB but if extra $$ hits my pocket ahead of time I may pre-order/pre-pay with TSM so as to not deal with charges at year end (Jan through March is rife with taxes and expenses for me as is)

Thanks! Preorder placed with them just now.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:23 PM   #1875
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Toys R Us!

You want our luv, we want to luv you back, but you make it so hard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
I can't add it to Cart. Just is coming soon.
Why is it when I read these posts all I hear is Barry White music in my head?
Old 04-10-2021, 03:46 PM   #1876
BeeTrain
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post

I'm doing more with ToySnowman lately as well. They seem to have the cheapest Ark in Canada @ $229 with free shipping. Plus they do free pickup for locals in Montreal.

I'll go with A3U if I can get a large enough order to get free shipping when A3U is the lowest cost option.

I've done the most with EB Games this year. They're seeming to do a good job of pivoting from games to collectibles as the gaming market changes. I really hope they do not become the next Blockbuster Video.

With Wal-Mart I try to stick to the exclusives. Their website just invites scalpers...

Like many of you, I REALLY want to support Toys R Us and I do mostly in-store. The on-line chat folks and in-store folks are good at tracking down inventory but that Salesforce.com/Demandware web site just plain sucks. If their website, inventory management solution and supply chain were in order, we would not have to call every local store daily looking for stock updates.
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:52 PM   #1877
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:

edit: Looks like a commander class, yeah, I'll have to see this guy in person before buying. I'm not seeing a commander class value I guess.
Compared to sky lynx and Jetfire? Nope.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:55 PM   #1878
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:

Watch yesterday's pulse fan fest where they go into all the details and intricacies of what that 120$cad will give you.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:07 PM   #1879
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Watch yesterday's pulse fan fest where they go into all the details and intricacies of what that 120$cad will give you.
I see a big box, the turret's pretty nice, a couple of blast effects and the sword of Primus.

I think 80 would be a good price, 120 is stretching it.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:30 PM   #1880
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
So? It's still a just barely taller than Voyager figure with a box. Is the extra articulation cool? Sure. But in the end, rodimus' trailer doesn't do much. Leader class or something inbetween.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote