Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-07-2021, 11:29 AM   #1
Chajee
Generation 2
Matrix of Leadership

Hi all,
I haven't really been on here in a very long time, so if this has been answered, forgiveness please.

Does every Autobot have a slot for the Matrix of Leadership (obviously in the cartoons, not in the toys)? Like Optimus gave it to Ultra Magnus and he had a slot, and so did Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime, but say he gave it to Bee or Wheeljack or even Grimlock?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:37 AM   #2
Tiffster
Classic
Re: Matrix of Leadership

I presume any Autobot can inherit the matrix so the should all have the potential to carry it. Since Magnus and prime are both alpha trions creations he may have designed it into them but that doesn't explain hotrod....and later Rodimus was ready to pass it to Springer so I think that anyone can carry it. Yes there could be a wheeliemus prime!

Last edited by Tiffster; 05-07-2021 at 11:39 AM.
Tiffster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:03 PM   #3
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Every human has common slots found in every individual, so why not the same with Cybertronians?
Old 05-07-2021, 03:21 PM   #4
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

OP and UM were made by A3 so it does stand to reason he made sure they had the capacity to carry it.

Scourge stole the Matrix, and it deformed him.

Hot Rod was upgrade by the Matrix, presumably in order to carry the Matrix.

So it honestly depends on your own head cannon, there is no real in canon explanation.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:27 PM   #5
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
OP and UM were made by A3 so it does stand to reason he made sure they had the capacity to carry it.

Scourge stole the Matrix, and it deformed him.

Hot Rod was upgrade by the Matrix, presumably in order to carry the Matrix.

So it honestly depends on your own head cannon, there is no real in canon explanation.
Truth.

IDW had Senator Shockwave actively modifying robots he thought could potentially be matrix bearers.

Head-canon, I mean... they are robots who can take on different alt modes. Why not just suggest that if they come into place of the matrix, their organic/innate tech doesn't just reconfigure them to bear it.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:42 PM   #6
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

They can only change their alt-modes "on-the-fly" in more recent continuities like the Bayverse. In G1, there was a substantial rebuilding process involved in getting a new transformation which most Transformers wouldn't bother with unless they really needed to, hence why a lot of them were still transforming into '80s vehicles in 2005.
Old 05-07-2021, 04:43 PM   #7
optimusb39
Animated

Remeber that qhen hot rod grabbed the matrix it altered him and increased his size and design which probably gave him the "slot" for the matrix from that point forward.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 05:48 PM   #8
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise

Beast Wars kinda goofs it and makes it the same as their spark chamber so you could look at it that way.

But I agree with the thoughts that Prime and Magnus had specific chambers due to A3 rebuilding them. Anyone else will get reconfigured by the power of the matrix if they are worthy.

Galvatron had no way to carry it so he put it on a chain. Scourge didnt have a specific spot. He just tossed it into his chest and hoped for the best. But he wasn't worthy of the power so he started mutating instead of having a proper conversion.
Gaming Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 06:48 PM   #9
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
They can only change their alt-modes "on-the-fly" in more recent continuities like the Bayverse. In G1, there was a substantial rebuilding process involved in getting a new transformation which most Transformers wouldn't bother with unless they really needed to, hence why a lot of them were still transforming into '80s vehicles in 2005.
That's true, that's a fair point. BW introduced the idea of protoforms, which are essentially nanotech --- but even then, once "formed," they couldn't just randomly change their alt modes. It required the use of a CR chamber. The idea that TFs CAN generally change their alt-modes just via the use of current technology, as matter of course, was in the very first ep. But still not straight goop shifting.

I mean, let's face it: The matrix "magically" turns hot Rod a couple feet taller and gave him wrinkles. It's... it's not hard sci fi.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote